• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Broadhead for a traditional bow

186thFCo

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2017
Anyone here hunt with a traditional bow “long bow/recurve”? If so what Broadhead do you use?

I've used Snuffers, Bear razorheads, Simmons tree sharks and Zwickeys. All worked great (though the big snuffers required a little more horsepower).

But it recently switched to German Kinetics (150gr XL), they are extremely sharp, quality made, and extremely accurate. The Elk I shot this year was quartering to about 18 yards. Penetrated chest cavity no problem, damage was horrific (organs completely destroyed) he went maybe 50-60 yards. Awesome heads, I'll be using these for the fore seeable future. IMG_6378.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6378.JPG
    IMG_6378.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 41
I've had good luck with simmons land sharks and vpa 3 blades. My buddy said the vpa 2 blades work really well on larger pigs. I'm shooting a Big Jim thunder child reflex/deflex longbow and he's shooting a timber ghost static tip recurve.

I've killed a ton of whitetail with big 2 blade magnus 160gr . They lay them open, good penetration and fly well sharpen easy

I’d go with grizzlies, abowyers, or the cutthroats. The cutthroats would probably be my first choice.

I was pretty happy with the Wenzel Woodsman. I forget, but I was pushing 800 grain arrows. Nasty.

The down fall with grizzlies is the blood trail sucks. I've tracked many whitetail and bear shot with grizzlies. Abowers you can get wider heads equals better blood, I've had good results with them. I have no experience with cutthroat