• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brobo Mount

PRScustom

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2011
Anyone using a Brobo QD mount on their AR? What are your experiences? I have an ADM, but I am looking for something new. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Brobo Mount

Got one holding my sb on my LMT. Got a call Monday saying that he was getting ready to ship Aimpoint Micro mounts. I'll be getting rid of my LaRue and replacing it with the Bobro as soon as the lower 1/3 co-witness mounts start shipping.

I like them even more now that he is building his mounts with the screw's with top access. It was kind of a pain with the bottom access screws on some of the mounts.

To each his own.....but I really like the stuff coming out of Bobro's shop.

I prefer Bobro over Larue or ADM. I've never had a problem returning to zero.

Slowly, I've been replacing all my mounts to Bobro and GDI... but GDI has been cost prohibitive.

Looking forward to the 1/3rd lower co-witness micro mount being released. Been waiting a long time for it.

I use a Bobro with a Vortex PST 1-4 on a Noveske 12" barrel SBR. It returms to zero after removal which I have done numerous times. It is a well made mount.

I guess that's a yes. I'm glad to here they now put the screws on top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PRS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess that's a yes. I'm glad to here they now put the screws on top. </div></div>

Also 20moa cant is an option now.

You will be very happy with the Bobro, I sold one to my buddy and everytime he pulls his rifle out i want it back! Larue doesnt compare and sometimes i just cant get my adm's just right since the tension bolt is a little coarse in adjustment

I have noticed the same problem in adjusting my adm mount

The Bobro is IMHO the best QD mount on the market. I have tried Larue, ADM and Bobro and Bobro is a piece of art. I have tried it and i get absolute zero shift when i take the mount on and off. The way the mounting system is designed you can unhook the QD clasp and still fire and the mount will not come off. You have to try it to believe how good it is compared to the competition.

+1 on all of the positive comments regarding the Bobro mount, I bought one about four months ago and really like it. It locks up tight and returns to zero. Prior to the Bobro the only QD mount I used was a LT-104. I still have the LT-104, it too locks up tight and has always returned to zero for me, and I am keeping it but if I need another QD mount it will be a Bobro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: White Mamba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will be very happy with the Bobro, I sold one to my buddy and everytime he pulls his rifle out i want it back! Larue doesnt compare and sometimes i just cant get my adm's just right since the tension bolt is a little coarse in adjustment </div></div>

Bobro gets a lot of love on Interweb forums, seem to be top notch stuff.
I have two 20 MOA ADM Recon (cantilever) mounts holding 2 Trijicon Accupoints on AR-15s. The QR functionality is a bit challenged given the coarseness of the cross bolt threads, for sure.

One possible workaround is to rotate the forward lever forward to make it possible to set it a little tighter whilst still being able to pry it open without tools. It's not pretty but it works.

I bought them because they were the only 20 MOA 30 mm cantilever mounts I could find at the time. Had I seen the Aadland mounts first I would have spent the extra $$ on them as the QR and RTZ doesn't mean that much to me. The only reason either optic would be removed from the rifle it's mounted on is if it broke, making RTZ a moot point in my application.

Joe

I have used 2 bobro mounts for over a year now. RTZ is spot on and they look great would recommend them to anyone.

I have used 2 bobro mounts for over a year now. RTZ is spot on and they look great would recommend them to anyone.

I am glad the search function works and I came across this thread. I am looking very strongly at the Bobro to put on my SASS. One of the questions I had was the return to zero ability and it appears that is not an issue.

Bobro makes the best 30mm QD mounts IMO. I'm not sold on the 34mm version just because it seemed excessively heavy to me compared to an LT-111.

I like mine. I just checked it's return to zero, and it was well within the 1/2 MOA clicks of my USO scope. In truth, it looked like it returned to zero perfectly. I'd removed it and even put it on other rifles at least 10 times between the last zero and checking on Saturday. I couldn't be happier. In case it hasn't been mentioned already, the mounting screws for the rings are on the sides, not the top, giving a cleared view of the elevation dial if that matters to you.

I have one for my USO SN-4 and its been great. Now that they have a canted version I may pick one up for my SN-3. Does anyone know if a TPAL body with an EREK knob will fit between the rings?

I have a couple and they are top notch. I think they are a bit better looking than the several ADM's I have. However they don't work any better than ADM's and cost more. ADM has many more configurations that can fit many more applications but Bobro's are nice. ADM is a better value.

I have a couple and they are top notch. I think they are a bit better looking than the several ADM's I have. However they don't work any better than ADM's and cost more. ADM has many more configurations that can fit many more applications but Bobro's are nice. ADM is a better value.

Not quite. ADM is cheaper.

It's cheaper because its an inferior product. It is poorly machined and the fit/finish is subpar compared to both Larue and Bobro. It does not have the same RTZ tolerances as Bobro and you can mess up your rails if it's not set perfect.

Bobro is a better value. Its also a better product. The only reason why someone would buy an ADM/Larue is A. Price (which is insignificant when looking at gun/ammo/optic prices. Bobro and Larue are same ballpark) B. Brand loyalty C. Ignorance.

Put them all Side by Side, look at the engineering, machining, and fit and tell me which one is the better mount.............

Not quite. ADM is cheaper.

It's cheaper because its an inferior product. It is poorly machined and the fit/finish is subpar compared to both Larue and Bobro. It does not have the same RTZ tolerances as Bobro and you can mess up your rails if it's not set perfect.

Bobro is a better value. Its also a better product. The only reason why someone would buy an ADM/Larue is A. Price (which is insignificant when looking at gun/ammo/optic prices. Bobro and Larue are same ballpark) B. Brand loyalty C. Ignorance.

Put them all Side by Side, look at the engineering, machining, and fit and tell me which one is the better mount.............
Look, I have several of all those mounts and they all are good on my optics. Not nocking any of them. Calling ADM inferior is pure bullshit.

I also have owned all of them. Its been explained many times why they are inferior mounts, but you can ignore reason and logic all you want.

I have an older Bobro--with the screws on the underside--which isn't really that big a deal. I've been consistently impressed with its performance and build quality. The return to zero really works well.

I have a Bobro mount and love it, best mount I have ever used. I have the screws that go in from the bottom and do not find it a big deal at all. I have had it off and back on more than a dozen times and it always returns to perfect zero, and I do mean perfect. It really is well made and I think worth every penny.

Oh, and they love hunting in the snow.
839-1.jpg

I don't accept idiotic explanations as facts of inferiority.

This isnt a scientific explanation, but I had an ADM mount that wouldn't hold zero very well and wouldn't return to "zero" either. Had a NF 2.5-10 on it and switched to another mount...problem solved. They may work for some, but didn't for me. YMMV

Not sure how Bobro's are made. Think there are some kinda springs in there. Fit and finish on em is top notch, they are very easy to take on and off, nothing to adjust or guess work involved. The locking lever has a nice feel to it, and when you lock it down "it aint gonna move".

Is there an advantage to having only 1 locking lever vs. 2 in RtZ ability? I ask cause the only 34mm version I can find only comes in a 2 lever but was advised to get the Bobro single lever over the ADM 2 lever.

The Bobro mount is an example of excellent engineering and machining as far as I'm concerned. In person, everything about it exudes quality, I've never heard any issues with them in regards to RTZ or issues issues with the rail. On the contrary, I believe it's specifically designed to be able to easily mount on/off rails in or out of spec.

Trijicon also rebrands this as their QD mount.
Hardware and mounting is quite unique.
Here's a couple pics right from their site-

dd3cb61aa4a802fab38e5a7022e14d23_zpscd23a1f3.jpg

07b585f67af2c912c0f9591157f4bb47_zps48862c15.jpg

3e731ab6ab3f6066456f64dfba60c7b7_zpsf1a30ba4.jpg

The latest mounts also have the screws on the top side. Really well enginnered and the hardware is top notch. The receced torq nuts really are a neat thing.

I also have owned all of them. Its been explained many times why they are inferior mounts, but you can ignore reason and logic all you want.

And you challenge their precision given your own expertise?
Spent much time in the machine shop?

I'm a moldmaker, first class machinist, CNC programmer, tool & die maker, and wear/have worn a bunch of other hats in the machine shop.
I have ADM mounts and to my eye (an expert one) they are machined as accurately as anything out there.

Joe

And you challenge their precision given your own expertise?
Spent much time in the machine shop?

I'm a moldmaker, first class machinist, CNC programmer, tool & die maker, and wear/have worn a bunch of other hats in the machine shop.
I have ADM mounts and to my eye (an expert one) they are machined as accurately as anything out there.

Joe

No proffesional machinist here. I did grow up around multiple machine shops. My grandfather was machinist/toolmaker and had many patents including the machine that does tri fold paper pamphlets (paper is very abrasive to tooling).

Maybe its a poor design relitive to bobro and larue, but there is slop in adm mounts. The levers and the button have wiggle room.

Put all 3 side by side, and it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see which is better designed/made.

I do have his bridgeports and some of his horizontal lathes he left to me collecting dust in storage. Shame those machines are collecting dust.

I have QD mounts from Larue, ARMS, ADM, and Bobro and I don't have a problem with any of them. I use a Bobro on my JP SCR-11 to mount a Swaro Z61 that I use in 3 gun and I like it the best of all of them because of easy on and off. I recently got a ADM to mount a Leupold Mark 6 to my JP LRP-07 because I had a gift cert from DSG and needed a 34mm mount. At the time Bobro didn't have one or I would have probably purchased one for the Mark 6.

Like I said, you are just one or a few data points. There are to many reports of failure on many of those mounts for them to be considered reliable.

All you have to do is look at what the guys who live in a shoot house or berm use. Junk does not hold up to real use and abuse. I don't think you will find many ADM optic mounts withing USSOCOM. You also won't find ARMS unless its packaged with some shit they buy like the 553/ElcanDR/Vital2 IR(which I am sure has been replaced by now).

QD on a precision rifle is an oxymoron. There is not a mount out there that gives true RTZ. You are going to have poi shift, even if its only .25-.5moa.

No proffesional machinist here. I did grow up around multiple machine shops. My grandfather was machinist/toolmaker and had many patents including the machine that does tri fold paper pamphlets (paper is very abrasive to tooling).

Maybe its a poor design relitive to bobro and larue, but there is slop in adm mounts. The levers and the button have wiggle room.

Put all 3 side by side, and it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see which is better designed/made.

I do have his bridgeports and some of his horizontal lathes he left to me collecting dust in storage. Shame those machines are collecting dust.

The first lathe I bought for my home shop was from a trade school in Virginia; at that time they had not had a machine shop class in 10 years.
Depressing.

The only think I see that might improve the RTZ of an ADM mount is relying on a recoil lug rather than the clamp screw shafts to locate fore and aft; the surfaces on an ADM mount that locate on the top and bottom 45 degree face of the rail are flat, defect free, and plenty strong.
Mine RTZ very well, but I may pay more attention when I reinstall than most.

The vertically split (2 piece) scope tube clamps have strong and weak points;
PITA to remove and replace a scope
The scope will not be in the same plane when you re-mount it
The same feature makes the mount less expensive to manufacture (reflected in the price) and inexpensive to adapt to a new scope tube diameter, also.

The cam action clamps on Larue mounts are a terrible design if one plans to actually QD IMHO; they wipe on the bottom of one for the rail facets and repeated removal and installation will remove the finish and wear the rail.
They may feel more positive and precise than the ADM but I guarantee the ADM clamps with as much or more force over a greater area.

Bobro was wise to use heavy spring tension for the clamping mechanism; self adjusting and applies an identical clamping force repeatedly over a wide variation of rail widths.

I bought the ADMs (I have 2) because at the time no one else had a cantilever 20 MOA 30mm mount, except for Aadland, which I would have bought instead had I know they existed. You might think "yeah, but, the Aadland mounts are not QD".

That's right, they are not.
I don't actually understand the fascination with QD.
Let's see, if my main optic goes bad, I want to be able to remove it quickly to use the BUIS.
Well, if the optic fails, who gives a f*ck if the broken optic will return to zero?

Joe

Last edited:
I just sold one of my 30MM Bobro mounts and Replaced it with a 34MM, 20MOA badger 1 piece. No need for QD and if badger makes it's one pieces anything like its rings, It will bet a great piece. Its also cheaper than most 1 piece mounts, which is nice.

Let's see, if my main optic goes bad, I want to be able to remove it quickly to use the BUIS.
Well, if the optic fails, who gives a f*ck if the broken optic will return to zero?

You obviously don't get it if thats why you think there is a need for QD mounts. Your example is just one of the benefits of having a QD mount but it isn't THE reason for them. When I need to reconfigure my gun for a specific mission profile, I may or may not want to use a different optic. Having multiple optics that are already zero'd with QD's on them allow me to quickly change the weapons configuration and not worry about the zero. Case in point, real world example. I was running a EOTech on a SCAR heavy for a specific type of mission in Afghanistan. After Infil the mission continued to develop and I found that I needed to go from a EOTech to a scope. Since I was carrying one on me, I was able to pop off the EoTech and put the scope on for a little more reach out and touch you capability.

Another example, if you've ever had a weapon get deadlined and was unservicable, you can pop all of your shit off of the gun and put it on a replacement one and not have to re-zero your optics, just confirm zero and you're good to go. If you've every had to travel with your weapons, the ability to remove fragile optics for transportation and then quickly mount them, you'll appreciate good QD's with RTZ capability. Having the ability to remove my optic during a jump so it doesn't get damaged and then quickly putting it on once on the ground is another reason why QD's and RTZ is important.

I could go on but hopefully you see why QD's with balls on accurate RTZ for some people is necessary. Not everyone who uses QD's is military however but even the civilian applications overlap a bit. Why buy 4ea $500-1000 end scopes for your 4 rifles when you can buy one high end scope that you can use on all 4 of them?

I'm partial to LaRue because I've used them overseas and put them through some serious use and they haven't let me down.