• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

broke 1km today for the first time

john_1182

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
australia, victoria
just have to say, im so happy i reached a personal goal today 1km. well almost .lol but im sooo happy

went out with my cousin to our sand dune and were shooting 1075 yards (983 meters)
1st round miss dialed for a 7oclock wind when is shifted to 6 oclock
second round hit and then all the rounds from then on hit base of a small mound we were aiming at (just under 2 moa target)

winchester power points .294BC @2880 with 61.9MOA elevation (only had a max of 62.5 max i could dial at 10X in the scope). and a time of flight of just over 2.3 seconds and subsonic at 700 yards

sorry for the rant but its bean a goal (1km) for over 4 years and i know its not far compared to some of you guys but i just had to let it out...

Re: broke 1km today for the first time

Dude,

You can't write a post like this without describing your rig!
wink.gif

Seriously, congratulations! Hitting something at 1000 is a long shot by any measure. And the fact that you achieved a personal goal makes it that much better.

Now how about sharing details about your rifle?

-Chris

Re: broke 1km today for the first time

John CONGRADS!!
That is a great shot and anyone would be proud of it.
Can't wait to hear what you do next.
CAG