• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Broken Harris Bipod

BigRed308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2019
I busted up my Harris B-SRM with a PodLoc. It seems to have overtightened and destroyed the internals of the locking mechanism for the tilt. Has anyone else done this? Is there any solution-will Harris warranty it?

Damn man, you gotta chill out with the gorilla grip!

I've never had any issues with my Harris', but I've heard they have quality CS.

Keep us posted, whatever way it goes.

I have a friend that works there... I'm happy to ask. If you txt me the pix, I can get the comms right away.

Reactions: BigRed308
I sheared a locking knob off one of mine playing 3gun. Sent it in with a short letter saying I’d pay for the repairs, they shipped me a new one, no charge, no questions asked. Harris cs is gtg!?

I have had a non-Harris do that. The bolt through the middle I would liken to something like a hard cheese, maybe parmesan. Instead of stiffening up the swivel, the bolt just stretched.

this might be the first time I've ever heard of a Harris going down. it's good to know they will take care of us.

I spoke to Harris today. The bipod will be taken care of. I offered to pay for whatever it took since I technically damaged it by using the PodLoc. But they were adamant on having me send it in and they would repair it.

It will be hard for me to ever buy anything but a Harris.

I spoke to Harris today. The bipod will be taken care of. I offered to pay for whatever it took since I technically damaged it by using the PodLoc. But they were adamant on having me send it in and they would repair it.

It will be hard for me to ever buy anything but a Harris.
I agree. I have an elite Iron and I will not be selling my Harris...the Harris will go on a cheaper build.

I have a friend that works there... I'm happy to ask. If you txt me the pix, I can get the comms right away.
My Harris bipod broke the other day while shooting in the AK PR1 class. Thankfully Mark had a spare that I borrowed for the remainder. Do you have contact info for their CS? I upgraded the feet and switched to a PodLoc. It failed at the weld between the mounting surface and the barrel portion of the swivel. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks

You may have trouble getting them right now.... Covid has some folks running odd hours. Try email, or the below phone number; they should get you fixed up.

[email protected]
(270) 334-3633

Harris took care of me when I fucked up a bipod, my fault, and once when I needed parts. They just make it right IME.

Looks like you just snapped or lost that pin and the brass plate that goes under it?

I sent one back years and years ago and they sent me a newer, better model.

They actually sell either the PodLoc or something exactly the same themselves, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I am in the market for a good bipod and I think I will make it a Harris just from seeing the good CS here.

I have gone to bat for Harris several times on this site.

That was before this news of great CS. This elevated them even more to me.
Great product w/ great customer service....what more can a guy ask for?

Harris is the f-150 of bipods. Are they the best at everything? No...but used within their design, they are an underrated product IMO.

I did that to my harris, they sent me parts to fix. Just like scopes I buy that stuff based on the CS quality.

Here are the pics. Thanks for the contact info. I’ll update with my experience.

Attachments

• 696EA595-BE7B-42AC-ACC8-343EE5B64078.jpeg
    696EA595-BE7B-42AC-ACC8-343EE5B64078.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 78062A2D-CCFE-4EBD-A001-1FFA360B137F.jpeg
    78062A2D-CCFE-4EBD-A001-1FFA360B137F.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 154
  • 6D75D833-63BB-422E-AD12-788B8FD14A8B.jpeg
    6D75D833-63BB-422E-AD12-788B8FD14A8B.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 213
Haven't had an issue with mine yet but I'm really glad to hear about the great customer service. Always a relief when running equipment.

Harris repaired a bipod I purchased second hand with no charge and no issues. Great folks to work with!

Reactions: FishDr
Fun Fact regarding the threaded rod holding the Harris pivot body together....

When Harris introduced the first "S" series with the tilt feature (Late 1990s) more of these threaded rods were getting snapped than before the introduction of the Pod-Loc kits.

Want to venture a reason for this? :)

./

Fun Fact regarding the threaded rod holding the Harris pivot body together....

When Harris introduced the first "S" series with the tilt feature (Late 1990s) more of these threaded rods were getting snapped than before the introduction of the Pod-Loc kits.

Want to venture a reason for this? :)

./
People like me tightening them wth vice grips?

People like me tightening them wth vice grips?
Really close!

All the early MIL and LE adopters were grabbing the little knurled factory knob with Leathermans, Gerber Tools, etc. and wrenching the hell out of them.

The idea of the Pod-Loc came about when competing against a couple of USMC Scout teams at the 1999 North American Sniper Championships and starting a conversation with them (turned into a lifetime friendship with a couple of them). Within a few months I had some prototypes sent to Precision Ground Weapons at Quantico. They sent some to the west coast and kept some there for T&E. Within the next 6 months there were fast tracking the cataloging and documentation to get an NSN assigned to it for inclusion in the new M40A3 program.

Within 2 years of the Pod-Loc launch, Harris was already seeing a reduction in the broken pivot rods. Go figure.

Small world.

./

Here are the pics. Thanks for the contact info. I’ll update with my experience.
Email sent Thursday
Reply received Friday
Part shipped to me today

They offered to fix it there with me paying shipping to them and they pay return shipping. I opted for them to just send me the part and they paid for the shipping.

Bottom line, great Customer Service.

Following...

Currently having the same issue as Op.

So far been 1 month. Lady at Harris said she mailed it on 12/12, I never got it. Sending me a new one, eventually.