• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broken M7 Safety

tylerw02

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • May 16, 2011
    Advance, MO
    I had a stainless Rem Model Seven barreled action with a trigger installed sitting on my bench.

I also had a bag on my bench. Picked up the bag, action came off and landed on the safety.

None of the big-name retailers have replacement safety levers for the M7. Basix doesn't make one and suggested buying a 700 safety kit, shaving the stock and making it fit. I don't particularly like this idea as There's not much room for shaving the stock as it is. I stuck a 700 safety off an extra trigger in it for the time being, but it certainly isn't going to fit.

I called Remington and they said I needed to send my barreled action in for a NEW TRIGGER. Screw that noise.

I called Brownells to see if they could order one, but they told me Remington considers it a "restricted part" only available for factory repairs.

Does anybody have an idea?