• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Brothers elk in Arizona

Mod Adahy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
East Helena, Mt
Resampled952012-09-289517-40-1195872.jpg

Guys want to guess what the green score is? In one month we will have SCI rescore it. 376 yards with a muzzleloader.

Re: Brothers elk in Arizona

Huge bull...and quite the shot with an ML. I'd say it should score over 300.

typical, non typical, gross or net?
RTH

Great looking rack, congrats to your brother. Some monster bulls getting put down this year here in AZ. I would say from looking at the pic it would GS around 420.

What a stud of a bull. I'm gonna say around the same as the yardage he shot him at. 375-380.

Is his G-1 broke off at the base on his left side? Kinda hard to tell from the picture.

He has alot of mass, I was looking at the picture thinking either he has tremendous mass or your brother has really small hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vinnie b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a stud of a bull. I'm gonna say around the same as the yardage he shot him at. 375-380.

Is his G-1 broke off at the base on his left side? Kinda hard to tell from the picture.

He has alot of mass, I was looking at the picture thinking either he has tremendous mass or your brother has really small hands. </div></div>

The mass was why I guessed higher. Looking at his right hand and not touching thumb to fingers makes him look pretty heavy.

Where did your brother take that bull? I hunted elk all this week at the San Carlos Reservation and didn't see hardly anything. The hunting over there was all scrub, almost no way to glass and stalk. They were hardly even bugling. I should have gone up to where you guys are at!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did your brother take that bull? I hunted elk all this week at the San Carlos Reservation and didn't see hardly anything. The hunting over there was all scrub, almost no way to glass and stalk. They were hardly even bugling. I should have gone up to where you guys are at! </div></div>

ZL did you have a Rez bull tag or just a cow tag for the SC?

At least 400. You guys are lucky, in Colorado muzzle sticks have to be primitive, no scopes, remeasured powder, etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did your brother take that bull? I hunted elk all this week at the San Carlos Reservation and didn't see hardly anything. The hunting over there was all scrub, almost no way to glass and stalk. They were hardly even bugling. I should have gone up to where you guys are at! </div></div>

ZL did you have a Rez bull tag or just a cow tag for the SC? </div></div>

Cow tag. Had I a bull tag, i would have gotten a 4x4. Maybe next year, but not at SC.

Heck of a bull! Congrats to your brother.

Congrats to your brother. That's a tod... niceee

Man that is a great bull no matter what he scores. That mass is killer...as far as a score I'm guessing 388

Never gets old looking at that bull!

Ok, I've waited over a month - score??? (Although it wasn't exactly punishment having to look at that rack a couple more times.)

That is awesome. 376 with a ML? Wow.
That bullet must have had the arc of a mortar shell.
wink.gif

Nice!!! I'll say over 400.

Alright the 60 days has to be getting close or gone by. What's the official score of this beast.

Great Muzzle Loader Bull!!! Excellent shot , That is why we should all shoot the distance we might face in the field from the terrain we our hunting and know what the weapon is capable of that we our using , practice will always pay off when you have that one opportunity . Nice job guys!
395" to 405" Gross

"Nets are for fishing "