• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brown Athlon Ares ETR UHD 4.5-30x56 review

Great review and info. Thank you.

How usable is the reticle at low powers? Everyone seems to agree the illumination is good. I’m thinking of picking this up for my CTR that is used 50/50 hunting and range time. Don’t want the reticle to be invisible at low mag levels.

Great review and info. Thank you.

How usable is the reticle at low powers? Everyone seems to agree the illumination is good. I’m thinking of picking this up for my CTR that is used 50/50 hunting and range time. Don’t want the reticle to be invisible at low mag levels.

I don't have an Ares but I have the cronus with the dot reticle and another with the floating cross. It would be more difficult at low power but you do have illumination. I prefer something thicker for hunting. Thus I have a Bushnell with the G2H reticle for hunting. The Cronus with the floating cross works better than the dot at lower power levels and illumination. The dot is great for fine work at max power with my Bergara .22.

Reactions: YotaEer
I don't have an Ares but I have the cronus with the dot reticle and another with the floating cross. It would be more difficult at low power but you do have illumination. I prefer something thicker for hunting. Thus I have a Bushnell with the G2H reticle for hunting. The Cronus with the floating cross works better than the dot at lower power levels and illumination. The dot is great for fine work at max power with my Bergara .22.

I also have a LRHS with the G2H currently and enjoy it but looking for something with more magnification. You’re the second person to say the cross reticle (APRS?) is better than the dot/APRS1 reticle as far as visibility goes. I’ll have to keep an eye out for them