• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brownell's Pmag Backorders?

I ordered a 10 pack of 30rd GEN 2, black non-window PMAGs on Fri 12/21/12 around 10PM. I got an automatic response at 10:05PM on 12/21/12. I then received a confirmation on 12/24/12 at 10:21AM. I received the shipping confirmation on 4/10/2013.... Cool, I was starting to wonder but Brownell's came through and no price gouging, I will be giving them some more business in the future for sure.

I now have a POF 308 so when they start taking orders on 7.62 PMAGs I may order some more.

I just got the 223/556 plain black non windowed this last Friday. I ordered them on 12/25. I still need my 308 pmags I ordered on 12/21 and im guessing they are still scarce as everyone else with similar order dates.

I'm starting to guess they won't be here this year. I can't get an answer out of Brownell's or Magpul except they expected a shipment a long time ago that never came and they haven't heard anything else. When the manufacturer can't give you an answer, you know shit is fucked up big time.

If I were some of these rifle manufacturers I'd be putting some pressure on them, whatever I could. I went ahead and just cancelled the SR-25 order and got an HTI instead. At least I'll be able to shoot it and I've always wanted one. I know KAC doesn't give a shit (though they should) I bet it really hurts smaller manufacturers that specialize in these.

If the mags materialize and I don't just get the rifle later, then I'll sell half on here for cost, the other half for profit. Seeing how I've been waiting half a year already and was kind of early with the order, those of you that ordered in Jan. or Feb. could die of old age first.

At least they didn't cancel the order, then turn around and sell the mags I HAD on backorder on their site for extra... Like Lone Wolf.

Well Compact45 at least you have a shipping notice I am hoping things start to arrive for everyone soon. I ordered 5 Pmags from LaRue back on 12/23 and heard nothing seen nothing since. A local dealer said I should cancel my order and buy from him @ $39.95 a piece. I think I will keep wating lol.

I got everything from brownells that I have ordered except the 308 mags. that's 40 ar15 mags I had on backorder all delivered. just be patient. and brownells has replied to every email I have sent them. I did thank them many times for being stand up and not jacking the prices

Last edited:
Looks like I've been screwed so far. In December I ordered three 5 packs of 308 PMags from Brownells. A month later my order disappeared from my account and it took weeks of e-mails with Brownells customer service to get the order restored. However when they restored the order it had a new later order date of 1/2/13. So it's been over four months and still nothing. Just shows as "Order Received - Items on Backorder". If everyone else in this thread had been waiting as long I would be OK with this but clearly some of you got your 308 mags months ago. It's even worse for us Maryland residents because on 10/1 we won't be able to buy anything over 10 rounds. I wonder if these will arrive before the deadline? I know there is nothing I can do - just wanted to vent.

silver, no one has gotten the 308 pmags yet. 556/223 yes, those have come in for quite a few of us. im waiting on a 12/25 order of 308 mags too

Looks like I've been screwed so far. In December I ordered three 5 packs of 308 PMags from Brownells. A month later my order disappeared from my account and it took weeks of e-mails with Brownells customer service to get the order restored. However when they restored the order it had a new later order date of 1/2/13. So it's been over four months and still nothing. Just shows as "Order Received - Items on Backorder". If everyone else in this thread had been waiting as long I would be OK with this but clearly some of you got your 308 mags months ago. It's even worse for us Maryland residents because on 10/1 we won't be able to buy anything over 10 rounds. I wonder if these will arrive before the deadline? I know there is nothing I can do - just wanted to vent.

You wanted to vent?! Here in the PRK (Peoples Repbulic of Komifornia) we havn't been able to order ANY mags that hold over ten rounds for years. Starting Jan 1st '14 it'll be a FELONY to own any magazine that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds even if you bought it pre-ban back in the early 90's. :)

You wanted to vent?! Here in the PRK (Peoples Repbulic of Komifornia) we havn't been able to order ANY mags that hold over ten rounds for years. Starting Jan 1st '14 it'll be a FELONY to own any magazine that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds even if you bought it pre-ban back in the early 90's. :)

As a curiosity, could you reference the bill that's going into place?

Doing a quick research, it shows July 2014. Wow, I will be moving back to CA soon and it looks pretty retarded owning any semi-auto firearms and bringing into thestate

I checked my order history for my order placed 12/31 and do not see it. It was for a ten pack of gen 2s and a ten pack of lr20s. I emailed them so we will see what happens.

I emailed Brownells about my 5 pack order for 308 Pmags a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the mags on 12/27/12. I got an email back saying they are now working on fulfilling orders from 12/21/12. So it looks like it will be a long wait until they get to the my order!

UPDATE: Corrected the date in my first post. It should have read 12/21/12. Sorry for the error, dumb fingers.

Last edited:
I hope they are cranking them out as fast as the AR15 mags. I have had to keep that cash in a special account I use for back orders just waiting for an email, lol

I logged on my Brownells account and it does NOT show my order for the (30) 20-round 308AR PMAGs ordered on 1/2/2013!?!?! I have an email with confirmation, but that's all. Ridiculous!

I emailed Brownells about my 5 pack order for 308 Pmags a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the mags on 12/27/12. I got an email back saying they are now working on fulfilling orders from 2/21/12. So it looks like it will be a long wait until they get to the my order!

Hopefully that date was a typo. I don't konw of a vendor that was on backorder in February of 2012. I bought 308 pmags from 3 different vendors (2 online and one local) between 12-20-12 and 1-1-13 (right before everything got bought up)...

I'd like to see some of the new 10 round 308pmags start tuning up.

I'm the OP and I get emails from Brownells all the time but no shipping info... I don't think Magpul is making the .308 mags at all right now, I've called them and they say they are running at full capacity, yada, yada, but haven't specifically said, "Yeah, we are making and filling orders for those mags."

I have been told by Magpul, as I said earlier, that Brownells was THE place to have a backorder, period. That they'll be some of the very first ones filled. That leads me to believe they just aren't making them right now.

I've given up on the .308 for this year. If I get the mags, I'll get one next year maybe, but I may still end up just selling them. I never heard back on that KAC rifle either (should have had it in April) and Larue is plugged up forever. If the mags get here much later, then I'll be focusing on a Nightforce Beast and an Elite Iron suppressor and shit for the .50 HTI, and if I really dig it, I'll get the .375 conversion later on.

And my wife still wants that integrally suppressed Ruger Mk3 (so do I). So the .308 may just have to wait.

Still nobody got their orders, huh?

from facebook...

hey guys, thanks for all you do in bringing really cool and useful accessories to market. I just have a question on the 308 pmags. how is production coming? I have gotten all of my ar15 mags from brownells, now I am just waiting on the 308s. are they still being sent out at a pretty good pace? thanks again, Anthony

Yes they are, it's just that instead of having 4 (or even six if you include emags, 20rd mags, etc.) to spread demand out across, the LR mags only have the one SKU, so the demand is very high for a single product.

Well, I'm the OP and I STILL haven't heard SHIT about these .308 Magpul mags. I just don't think they are even making them right now. My order has been open since mid December or so, no word yet. And nobody can tell me shit it seems. Not even Magpul.

I've just about given up on the .308 rifle. I went ahead and got that DTA HTI I wanted instead. I'll sell the mags IF they ever get here. I may just cancel the order, who knows. It is an early order from December though, so I should be getting them "first". We'll see.

Lesson learned: stock up on mags ASAP! Either before or after purchase of the weapon! That's my best advice to any firearms owner with regards to shopping for mags for semi's.

Still, good luck and I hope you folks receive your orders soon. If I get mine soon and others are delayed, like I said, I may sell them on here if I forego the .308 semi.