• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brownells

I had an order from Brownells shipped on June 16 . I didn’t have any luck tracking it , so I called customer service and was told that it was in the postal system and gave me a delivery date for the 29th !! 13 days for shipping —— what a joke ! I placed an order with Midway USA on Monday night and received it today. Brownell’s will be my last resort from now on.

Brownells has been very stingy with the coupons since the COVID shutdown.
Their standard shipping is terrible. I buy from them a lot so I pay for their Edge membership for the free 2-day shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runnineh
I've noticed a lot of companies not offering any discounts since the COVID hoax started. Then the BLM rioters and they must figure why give any discounts when we can barely keep up with orders. Haven't seen any coupons from Optics Planet either.

Reactions: cmoore806
Is brownells still using that “smart” post shipping that takes two weeks to get handed around three different delivery companies? I stopped ordering there when I noticed that trend.

It would be better if they told you it was the shitty option up front but if you enjoy waiting and have nothing better to do in life, we found just the business for you.

`WC3` is $40 off $400 until the end of the month, I think. I've used it a few times now. If you make your order roughly $400, it's basically 10% off, minus the shipping cost.

Reactions: deersniper
Is brownells still using that “smart” post shipping that takes two weeks to get handed around three different delivery companies? I stopped ordering there when I noticed that trend.

Just spend $5 more and select Ground shipping. I generally try to only use UPS/Fedex Ground or USPS Priority nowadays. Better tracking and reasonable timeframes. SurePost, regular USPS, etc. generally suck.

Did see a 10% off a week or so ago but they've been few and far between for a while. 10% off makes their stuff more competitive and 10% off FFL/dealer price usually isn't bad. Rejoined Edge after a couple year lapse just to get away from the Smart Post crap. Didn't realize you had to go in and pick fast shipping though until someone here mentioned a few months ago.

Another problem with Brownells is they don’t always have what they show in stock, then they’ll jerk you around for days blaming UPS (even though the item hasn’t shipped) and after numerous phone calls someone finally admits they didn’t have the item in stock when you ordered it.

if you google around for coupons, usually not too hard to find some, either 10% flat, or 20 off 200 etc. i'm generally not in a rush and will wait around til a coupon pops.

Used to be that if you included any ammo in the order, it would all ship via UPS or FedEx.
Now the ammo ships via UPS / FedEx and the rest of the order ships via SmartPost or Mail Innovations which adds about 4 days to the shipping time.
It looks like they have two warehouses now and that may be the change - ammo, powder, primers, etc. in one warehouse and the other stuff in the other warehous.

My Credit card company is still fighting with them for charging me $99 for 2x50 round ammo boxes I ordered but only sending me 2x20 round boxes. They are claiming that the advertised sale price was “wrong”. If it was wrong how about not advertising it, or accepting payment, or failing that how about offering me a partial refund?

I had an order from Brownells shipped on June 16 . I didn’t have any luck tracking it , so I called customer service and was told that it was in the postal system and gave me a delivery date for the 29th !! 13 days for shipping —— what a joke ! I placed an order with Midway USA on Monday night and received it today. Brownell’s will be my last resort from now on.
Yeah my Midway order shipped June 16.. was supposed to be here 3 days ago. Nothing. For a while the tracking said "delivered in Hawaii" now it says error. No luck contacting midway.

Reactions: Earnhardt
I've noticed a lot of companies not offering any discounts since the COVID hoax started. Then the BLM rioters and they must figure why give any discounts when we can barely keep up with orders. Haven't seen any coupons from Optics Planet either.

Yep. Quite a few places that used to offer regular coupons have stopped over the last 4 months or so.

Like many here, I *really* dislike Dvor, but have resorted to looking them up recently for a few things on spec ... and been pleasantly surprised.

Overall, though, this experience has shown me the value of the places I go for stuff coupon code or no - the ones who mostly only have top-shelf stuff, great service, and great shipping, such as T-Rex Arms and Mile High.

Doesn't Midway USA sell knock offs of quality brands? Like their range bag and I thought they also had a cheap version of the KMW Podloc.

Brownells isn't what it used to be. Overpriced, slow shipping, shitty coupons, they charge tax and dealer prices suck. They are a last resort for me.

Doesn't Midway USA sell knock offs of quality brands? Like their range bag and I thought they also had a cheap version of the KMW Podloc.
Yes, they rip everyone off and sell cheap Chinese imitations that all fail with use.

Reactions: plong
i'm torn as well. Brownells has been very good to me over the years but i must admit my last 2 sets of purchases with them has proven very frustrating....huge delays in receiving my orders....both times my package was reportedly delivered to my home town only to be shunted far away to some other local before making it's way back here.....i have no understanding of why this occurs.

They're currently trying to track my most recent purchase which was to be delivered (per an email notification i received) on July 4.

I think it funny companies offer people who shop and buy products at there stores or online 10% off while paying the blm millions to do terrorist acts while calming that money as a tax right off , they funding terrorism with millions of dollars , but offer us only 10% off lol that math don't add up very well . Not saying Brownell's did this but so many companies and corporations it's almost too hard to keep up with them all .

i'm torn as well. Brownells has been very good to me over the years but i must admit my last 2 sets of purchases with them has proven very frustrating....huge delays in receiving my orders....both times my package was reportedly delivered to my home town only to be shunted far away to some other local before making it's way back here.....i have no understanding of why this occurs.

They're currently trying to track my most recent purchase which was to be delivered (per an email notification i received) on July 4.
Which shipping option did you pick? It sounds like in issue with the parcel delivery companies.

But they do have a great return policy. Bought something and never used it and returned it after 6 month purchase.
One of the main reasons I still purchase from them if the price is close enough to other websites. Basically a no questions asked return policy.

Subscribe to their Edge membership. $49/year, free 2-day shipping. Free returns.
I use them all the time for small parts like bushings and pins where the shipping can cost more than the part.

Subscribe to their Edge membership. $49/year, free 2-day shipping. Free returns.
I use them all the time for small parts like bushings and pins where the shipping can cost more than the part.
I agree with what you are saying. However, ive always had free returns and I am not an edge member so just wanted to clarify is all

Reactions: gamecock525
The last item I returned they would only give me "store credit" instead of refund to my credit card. When I contacted them about it the first time they tried to tell me thats the way they have always done it. Then they told me they changed their policy.

The last item I returned they would only give me "store credit" instead of refund to my credit card. When I contacted them about it the first time they tried to tell me thats the way they have always done it. Then they told me they changed their policy.
How long did you have the item? New or did you use it etc? Never heard that but I could see them going that way for a heavily used expensive item like a scope etc

i chose the standard shipping which traditionally has been pretty quick at least to Southern California....maybe 5 days? i'm going on 3 weeks this time and 2.5 weeks last time.

Not as good as it once was, now anything after 30 days most likely gets you a gift card.

You are right, I used the return policy years ago since most things I buy I tend to keep. I can't believe they changed their policy. When did it happen?

their website says after 45 days, you get a gift card vs a refund. still a pretty good return policy esp considering they let you return used stuff that doesn't work for you. i do miss all the 10% and similar coupon codes, though i can see that they and others don't need to discount with everything flying off the shelves. hopefully they don't read this!

Wow, I have had a stellar experience with Brownells. They have gone above and beyond for me. Sig dicked me around on warranty on a failing range finder. I sent it back to Brownells and they issued a full credit card refund.

For the past couple of years I have paid for their “Edge” members program. Free 2 day shipping on items that can go air and free standard shipping on everything else. I also get a paid free label for any returns. They always just refund my returns to my card. Even during this covid nightmare my shipments ship same or next day depend on what time I order. I freakin love Brownells......

Reactions: gamecock525
1+ Brownells for past 15 years. Also Edge program since its inception; a great deal for those that order more than1-2 year.

Reactions: Holliday
I have generally liked brownells more than midway in the past but I seem to be getting worse service for the past 4 months or so. While they used to be good with promos and general prices they are now towards the top of the price brackets. The quickest shipping I have had lately is about 1-1/2 weeks, two orders in the last couple months took more than 3 weeks for items they marked as in stock. Hopefully they catch up because I liked them quite a bit in the past, right now I am starting to avoid them just due to crazy shipping times.

You are right, I used the return policy years ago since most things I buy I tend to keep. I can't believe they changed their policy. When did it happen?

Not sure when they changed it, I found out at the end of March. Had a set of dies that were leaving rings when seating 88gr elds. Tried working with the dies, but finally sent them back after a couple of months, when they had a good deal on some redding dies.

However, I would say mine probably wasn't a usual case, as I had broken the deprimer, and ordered the wrong one as replacement. So honestly I was happy to get a gift card, but just noticed the policy change at the time.

I have posted before that Brownells has become the Sears of the firearm world. Higher prices on cheaper junk.
Never buy Brownells branded merchandise as they have found the cheapest manufacturer with the worst quality control.
Beware of what you get from Dvor. This is where the open box, demos, returns go.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
I thought at one point MidwayUSA only did 30 day return but I just checked their website and it says 90 days. By golly is that generous.

Its a bummer that Brownells is changing. Used to love them and it was easy to recommend. Not to mention their shop was super cool with almost every handgun out to touch and get a feel for.

I have posted before that Brownells has become the Sears of the firearm world. Higher prices on cheaper junk.
Never buy Brownells branded merchandise as they have found the cheapest manufacturer with the worst quality control.
Beware of what you get from Dvor. This is where the open box, demos, returns go.

DVOR has no affiliation with Brownells. Are you referring to Optics Planet who owns DVOR?

Reactions: Holliday
I recently bought a sig sauer range finder from brownells that they mistakenly marked on their website as a BDX model. Upon receiving it I noticed it wasn’t a BDX model at all. Shipped it out the following day and it took over a month and multiple phone calls to get my funds back.

just an update, i called Brownells twice over the past 4 days (as it's been 25 days since the order was placed and no updated information available).
...they were very apologetic and informed me that they are very aware of the problem that they're working hard to rectify it.

They put a tracking search on the package.

This morning i received a notification that the package should be delivered tonight? Fingers crossed.