• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns browning 1911 .22

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
So I have this browning 1911 .22 the kids love it and so does the wife. I kind of like it but I wish I could add to it. like a drop in beaver tail and may be better sights.

I have done some looking on sights and beaver tails but have not had much luck..A trigger would be nice too but that may be asking a little much. I did make a set of grips for it this week end just for the fun of it but I want to do more

COOL GRIPS. With regards to the beavertail. You could take the stock part and add some "wings" with a TIG welder I suppose and then dress it down and blend it it. That would be a ton of work though. The sights could be done easily by a Smith with a mill and dovetail cutters. Novaks would be a good addition. They do make a Novak that fits the stock 1911 rear dovetail. It's profiled somewhat like the low mount version only not melted into the slide. Is that a roll pin just below the rear sight? IF so what does it hold in?

As far as sights go I've seen my gunsmith hand cut the front and rears for dots and such. Great little gun and very cool grips.

Its not a roll pin its a tapered pin and it holds the firing pin group in. The rear sight is dove tailed but I dont think there is a lot of meat there to go much deeper..

I may have found an after market beaver tail.. we will see