• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes browning 8-24x40

hershey

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2007
northern ohio
i just bought 2 rifles out of an estate that have this glass, just kinda looking for opinions on what to do with the scopes, i am selling the rifles but not sure what to do w/ the glass. should i use it on other stuff, or is it desirable by the browning purists, or ?. a quick search shows it is pretty much bushnell 3200 quality. my current needs are a nice f/tr scope, i would prefer to dial higher than 24x when conditions permit, but may well use one there.

Re: browning 8-24x40

I doubt you'll find much collector's demand from the Browning purists, especially considering these scopes aren't very old. They're actually pretty good scopes, and I think you are right on with the Elite 3200 assessment. IIRC, they are simply rebadged Bushnell scopes, but I am not sure if Bushnell is providing customer support.

Personally, I'd hang onto the scope as a 24x comes in handy for load development. I'm sure you could get at least $150 out of each of the scopes, possibly more.

These scopes were spec'd out by Browning as Bushnell 3200's with the 4200 glass, which means fully multicoated and 95% light transmission. They were built at LOW Japan, top notch as far as foreign stuff goes. After Browning stopped handling them Bushnell produced a bunch with no markings on them. They are superb optics for under $200, which is what Natchez and others blew them out at a couple of years ago. SWFA has alot of them on the sample list right now. If your 8-24X40 has the mildot reticle it si even coolr and more desireable as vey few of those were made. I have owned the 3-9X40 and the 4-12X40 and they performed flawlessly mounted on a Savage 10ML-II and my RRA .458 SOCOM.

Scott

woodshed is correct, they were 3200 powers (3x erector) with 4200 glass and coatings. They are very desirable to Browning nuts and there are a lot of them out there.

We just bought a huge lot of Bushnell/B&L optics from a rep group that used to have the line and we put them all on The Sample List (http://www.samplelist.com/Riflescopes-C4.aspx#Browning) and the Browning stuff started selling imediately. We only have three scopes a bino and spotter left now.