• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Brux Barrels? Anyone use these before.

mmtuning

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2009
Coshocton Ohio
My gunsmith Gerald Kuthy has told me some titles his guns have won using Brux barrels, but was curious where they stood at the 'hide. Please share your actual experiences and knowledge as well as suggestions Thanks!

Re: Brux Barrels? Anyone use these before.

Might want to do a quick search on Brux barrels. I see a new thread asking about Brux barrels quite often, dang fine barrels made by some really great guys.

I've got Brux barrels bolt rifles and ARs. Shoot very well, clean up quick, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending a Brux to anybody.

Huh. I typed out a reply but guess it didn't go through.

Try that again. I've heard good things, they do cut rifling and can do 5R in certain calibers. They are more know in the benchrest community. But I see no reason it wouldn't work for a tactical rig.

I'm running two of them in 30 caliber right now. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. They'll be making my next several barrels.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the replys, you are all reinforcing what I am hearing about them. Thanks for your input.

Mike Bush @ Underground Skunkworks has two of mine waiting to go on builds. Kyle @ Brux was great to deal with. The lead time was very reasonable and their price was competitive to say the least. They also have an outstanding customer satisfaction guarantee. Obviously I have not shot mine yet, but I expect the best as every testimonial I read was glowing and not one sob story. I'll post field results when my builds are complete.

Good luck.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmtuning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the replys, you are all reinforcing what I am hearing about them. Thanks for your input. </div></div>

I honestly don't think I've ever heard anything negative about them at all. Says a lot about their product and efforts.

I have a Brux on my new 260 build. I put the barrel on and went out to the local range, put a couple boxes of 140gr A-maxes through it. Cleaned it that evening. It cleaned quick with no color on the patches, and felt nice and smooth going down the bore.
Accuracy has been minute of angle so far even though I am fireforming necked-down 7-08 brass.
I'm very happy with this barrel, hoping to see even better results once I work up a load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the snot out of them.

Great sticks! Can't go wrong. </div></div>

Yeah, but you not only got on the back of a motorcycle with Jason Pridmore... you *PAID* to do it. Clearly your jugement is suspect.
wink.gif

John

I have one on my new 308 build. I should get my stock from Manners in the next day or so and cannot wait to go shoot it. I've heard nothing but great things about them which is why I chose them for this build. Nate at SSG told me 2 weeks ago that he uses a lot of them and they tend to run faster velocities than similar barrels.

I hope so Greg! I can't wait for my #5 .284!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. As far as what kinds of barrels we make. We do all the standard calibers. 30 cal and smaller are all done in our standard 4 groove and 33 cal and above are all a 6 groove configuration. We don't offer any other types of rifling as we have done testing and the cost to benefit ratio on our end and the consumers end doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks

Kyle Liebetrau
Brux Barrels

Brux is great tubes. Have one on my 300WM Badger action and its a laser

Well I recently picked up a #3 contour 7mm barrel from Bugholes, thank you by the way, and sent it off to Jon Beanland to screw it all together on my 700 for a faux LVSF sort of build. I'm pretty sure it will shoot just fine:)

My benchrest gun has a brux barrel chambered by C. Dixon chambered in 6br. With two 1.8" five shot groups at 600 yards to its credit during competition I'd say order with confidence. Hopefully Kyle has helped to paperwork process, that would be only complaint from the past. As good or better than any other top barrel manf.

They are great I try to use as many as I can get sold. Never had a problem with one.

Both owners are members of the gun club I belong to; Winnequah of Lodi, WI. Great guys and they have a 1,000 yard team that shoots their barreled rifles at the club. No experience with the barrels, but both fellows are good guys from my experience with them.

I love mine in 6.5-284.
When my son was 15 he was in a shoot-off at a 1K match and had 4 shots under 3" and one of the five went high to make just under a 8.5" group. I like Brux!
Ernie

got one coming on a chad dixon build in 260. time will tell...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: javy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got one coming on a chad dixon build in 260. time will tell... </div></div>
If Chad uses them theres no question that there good. Barrel makers have the unfortunate situation of never being able to get it wrong. Just like Smiths, it can take a lifetime to build up a reputation but it can all come tumbling down because of one mistake. Brux seem to have that well taken care of.

Bought my first Brux this Feb for my Savage .308. Super accurate and very easy to clean. I plan on ordering two more this fall for my next projects.

I have two. One a 7mmRM and another on a .338-06, quick turn around time and reasonable prices.

They are excellent barrels and good guys to deal with. I would not hesitate to order another.