• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BSA ffp/mil-mil scope

Re: BSA ffp/mil-mil scope

Thats a fine looking weapon you got there how does that scope track and do clicks feel nice i would like to get one for my rem.700 223 as it wears a well its got some glass on it temporarily but for a tasco it has held zero through 700rounds plus. cant bash it too much. but for 300 bucks for a ffp and side focus id bite.

I can't say on the tracking yet, I haven't had much range time lately with the weather. The clicks are fairly crisp and loud enough to hear but not with headphones on.the focus knob moves smooth as does the power ring.No stickiness that you usually find in bsa's scopes.

Don't look bad. Hopfully the camera was canted. My 20" ar might just get one. Still wish Lowlight would review one. Please Please!!!I know my 300 RUM would eat it alive but for a 5.56 It sure is a option.But the Fixed 6 SS for my FNAR is first Just wish that was mil/mil but w.t.f. can't have everything on my budget.
Scot

Looks like we finally got someone who handled one like the OP asked.

I have a friend who owned a successful furniture business. At the furniture show one year there was some furniture from china. It looked like crap. The next year's show the China furniture was back only this time it looked much improved. My friend is out of business now because of the China furniture.

All I'm saying is past performance is no guarantee of future results. I for one won't be too surprised if/when things change.

still haven't had a chance to get it back to the range. I took the pics freehand so the camera was a little off just wanted to show the reticle is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike26038</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any updates? As much as I hate to admit it, I'm thinking of one for a Savage rimfire.</div></div>

you'll regret it....lol

I put mine on a CZ .22LR.

It's doing the little tack driver justice. I'm shooting one hole @ 50 yards and 2 moa @ 400 yards (not a typo) with the .22, what more can you ask?

Yes the clicks are mushy, but that's my only complaint.

I'd trust it on a varmint type rifle, (up to .243) but bigger than that I have no comment as I don't know if it would handle the recoil long term? Who knows till somebody tries it?

No it's not a PST or a N. Force. But if you just don't have any more $$$ to spend, get the bsa and don't look back.

I have got to say the reticule is nice for such a cheap scope, way better than standard dots.

Well, at least I won't be the only one on here with one. I want it for my Savage TRR-SR 17hmr. I'm gonna order one this week. Thanks..

Any update on this one? Seems like a decent scope to get for a .22LR.

I have mine on a Savage 22 with a 20 MOA EGW base and took it out to 200 yards with no problem. It came right back to zero. I will put it on a 204 and shoot some prairie dogs with it this summer.

Looks like the reviews are better than expected on this as time goes by. I will be following this, hope to hear more.

I picked one up from Midway for my 10/22. I wanted a FFP Mil/Mil optic that wasn't a mildot - and didn't want to spend > $500 for a 10/22, so this fit the bill.

Anxious to see how well it works out.

Here it is on a Ruger 10/22.

IMG_2197-1280.jpg

IMG_2199-1280.jpg

I won't be able to get to the range for a few weeks, but it looks pretty good for a BSA. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have a BSA on one of my rifles.
blush.gif

My weaver tactical grand slam took a dump on me in less than 100 rounds. Now I'm returning it to midway and looking for a replacement. This is on sale for 250 and I figure worst case I return it and get something else. It would be going on a 700P in 308. I figure if it's decent, I'll transfer it to my 10/22 to make a trainer and either get another one or get a falcon for the 700p.

I just ordered one. From reading the reviews in this thread it looks like it should work well for 22 trainer. I will add my own evaluation when it comes in.

Subscribing. maybe BSA is making it's way up the ladder a little. Glad to see that not everyone listened to those who knocked it because of it's name.

I have looked at one at the range and was very impressed with all aspects of the scope. It is very heavy(hopefully rugged) and the glass was extremely impressive and way above its price class. And I love the etched reticle. The only part I didnt like was the clicks were soft and not very loud. So repeatability will have to be proven.

I second what hotbrass said. clicks are mushy, but the glass seems to be pretty good. Still waiting on my rifle so I can try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunlover111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have this scope on a ar15? </div></div>

AR-15_BSA_1.jpg

Yes, I do. What is amazing is the amount of bashing toward this particular model without having handled it. This scope has been riding on this piston driven AR-15 for four months. This is my Polaris RZR desert gun. This unit has consumed over 1000 rounds of 75gr BTHP, and rode in its mount over 400 miles of Arizona desert . It is mounted in a Primary Arms Deluxe mount. After setting the zero at 200 yards, applying the ballistics within iStrelok, the hold over and/or click adjustment are spot-on. For those that have not seen what this scope looks like in person, here are a few more images.

It is a stout scope, with the following weight.
BSA_FFP_4.jpg

4x power. Street sign is 260 yards away. Pictures taking with crappy cellphone camera through the rear window.
BSA_FFP_6.jpg

14x power, same distance.
BSA_FFP_8.jpg

Do I like it, Yes. It has been abused and bounced around without loss of zero or reticle misalignment. I have another one enroute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzizaVFR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunlover111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have this scope on a ar15? </div></div>

AR-15_BSA_1.jpg

Yes, I do. What is amazing is the amount of bashing toward this particular model without having handled it. This scope has been riding on this piston driven AR-15 for four months. This is my Polaris RZR desert gun. This unit has consumed over 1000 rounds of 75gr BTHP, and rode in its mount over 400 miles of Arizona desert . It is mounted in a Primary Arms Deluxe mount. After setting the zero at 200 yards, applying the ballistics within iStrelok, the hold over and/or click adjustment are spot-on. For those that have not seen what this scope looks like in person, here are a few more images.

It is a stout scope, with the following weight.
BSA_FFP_4.jpg

4x power. Street sign is 260 yards away. Pictures taking with crappy cellphone camera through the rear window.
BSA_FFP_6.jpg

14x power, same distance.
BSA_FFP_8.jpg

Do I like it, Yes. It has been abused and bounced around without loss of zero or reticle misalignment. I have another one enroute. </div></div>

Hell of a first post. Welcome!

Can't say that I've given my BSA 4-14x44 much abuse on top of my Ruger 10/22, but it seems to do just fine for me.

I dont have THIS particular model, but I have their other tactical BSA model that only midway sells. Its the 6-24 Tactical BSA thats on sale for 150. Ive been more than happy with it. It works perfectly, and IF it fails Ill use the lifetime warranty. Notice how everyone on here that complained it broke, said they received a replacement. On the other hand I have read numerous threads just in the past couple weeks on bushnell giving a very hard time on warranty replacements.

Would I recommend this scope to be put on a soldiers weapon, that needs to stand up to constant abuse and where their lives are reliant on it... NO. But if you aren't relying your life on it, then absolutely its a GREAT scope.

I just bought a vortex viper 6.5-20x50 that is coming in this week. They are held very highly and are said to be on par with 800 dollar glass but for 500. I will be doing a comparison to my BSA and maybe write a report on here about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just bought a vortex viper 6.5-20x50 that is coming in this week. They are held very highly and are said to be on par with 800 dollar glass but for 500. I will be doing a comparison to my BSA and maybe write a report on here about it. </div></div>

Im seriously considering grabbing one right now, FFP for 250 dollars?! The viper looks great but id rather have a FFP and my 150 bucks back!

One thing I did not cover in my previous post. The amount of eye relief is huge. From minimum to maximum magnification, the amount of creap is less than 1/4" to establish the correct eye placement, with almost 4" of space between the ocular and your Mark I eyeball.

Well I ordered one. Curious to see how it stands up against the vortex viper 6.5-20. The viper JUST came today, looks great, love it. I was completely content til I saw this Fing thread. The internet is truly the devil. I already shipped my old scope away in the vortex box so I cant return it. Oh well. Kinda kicking myself now for spending 700 dollars in scopes in 4 days, really sucks when you make 400 dollars a month.
frown.gif

Exterior and reticle both look just like the Falcon Menace 4-14.

If it's the same thing, it would be worth the $$$.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exterior and reticle both look just like the Falcon Menace 4-14.

If it's the same thing, it would be worth the $$$. </div></div>

Don't tell the Falcon Menace fans that, or they will have your head.
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exterior and reticle both look just like the Falcon Menace 4-14.

If it's the same thing, it would be worth the $$$. </div></div>
I've actually heard this same thing about both the midway exclusive BSA scopes. I have also read how they are in a different class then the general BSA scopes, quality wise. It wouldnt make too much sense for them to make their best deal and quality scopes to sell on one site(selling in larger quantities would allow them to sell them for cheaper). So maybe it is a rebranded Falcon... But its all speculation at this point!

Screw it. Curiosity got the better of me and I now have one on the way.

It will be my first FFP. I figured I might as well order one before I order the new SS scope. I am not in any way comparing this to the SS just want to know that I like FFP before ordering one for 1,000.00 dollars.

I think I will use it on a 22 trainer. Should be nice on my TOZ 78.

You be the judge:

BSA Tactical
456482.jpg

Falcon Menace:
falcon_menace_ffp.jpg

There are difference in the turrets, the magnification ring and possibly the ocular adjustment. The main body looks extremely similar between each.

Falcon has been less than clear about where the scopes are manufactured except to say that they are "completed" in England. That could be as simple as adding the cosmetic items like turrets, caps, power rings, etc...

Anyway, it's all speculation, I suppose.

my only experience with BSA was on the 6-24 tactical scope on sale at midway for $150. Above 16 power the image darkened and washed out pretty badly. The turrets were very mushy. I tried to turn 10 clicks in each direction fairly quickly and i heard 10 clicks but only fealt 9 clicks. i was not a fan.

I just mounted a 4-14 Falcon Menace on my .308 Howa, and I have the BSA Tactical MIL/MIL on a Savage Mark II TR as my trainer.

They are not the same scope, but I do think the BSA is going to be an excellent training stand-in for the Falcon. Both scopes have the focus and magnification controls in similar locations, and both scopes have 6 rads per rotation on the adjustment knobs. The magnification range is same for both scopes. I have the EMD reticule in my Falcon so the BSA's reticule is not an exact match, but it is close enough for my satisfaction (truth be told, the hash-mark only reticule is kinda' growing on me). The eye relief on both models is similar enough that the scopes measure within 1/4" of each other from the back of their respective stocks to the back of each scope's eye piece.

As for the differences, the windage and elevation clicks are noticeably softer on the BSA than the Falcon Menace. The Falcon's magnification and side focus adjustments are much stiffer than the BSA's. So far, the Falcon seems to be clearer than the BSA during daylight hours, but the BSA appears to be slightly brighter as available light dwindles. The thickness of the cross hair in the falcon looks like it might be slightly thicker than the BSA's when both scopes are at full magnification, but it is so hard to tell that I can't be completely sure.

Hopefully I will get a chance in the near future to box test both scopes and post the results. Let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to answer.

Im pretty pumped about getting this scope. I am very curious to see how it stands up against the viper.

Seems like guys are poppin out of the woodwork with BSA FFP's?
Things are changin' eh....but they do look like they must be buying the scope bodies at the same manufacturer.Just my .02cents

~R

My bsa comes in tomorrow. I will snap a few pics and post my "findings". I will compare it to a vortex viper I just bought as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aziza, got a pic of the scope in the mount? Looks like there is not much room left around it. </div></div>

What kind of room are you needing? The Primary Arms deluxe mount places the scope centerline 1.5" above the rail. The information about the mount can be found here: Primary Arms

The rear ocular bell measures 1.71" in diameter. If you are wanting to put a rear flip-up sight under this combination of scope and mount, your sight would need to be shorter than 0.70" to fit.

My bsa scope came today. i mounted it on the 308. I was very surprised by the quality, or lack of suckiness. I dont know how it will hold up on a 308 but I will put it to the test. I did a side by side comparison with a vortex viper. I will post a thread later, pretty interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone happen to know how close these will focus? </div></div>
The focus knob is numbered down to 10 but I have not tried to focus it any closer than 25. The numbers indicated on the knob appear to be pretty close to actual distance from my testing.

Well I got my scope and rifle and have had a little time to do some testing, so as promised, here is my review of the scope. First a pic of the rig. Savage TRR-SR with BSA FFP MIL-MIL scope.
DSCN1210.jpg

I performed this box test at 25yrd. The corner dots are about 5.5in up or down, and 5.5in left or right from center. I fired 3 rounds on the center dot to confirm zero. All 3 were 12O'clock on the center dot. I dialed 5mil up and 5mil left, shot 3 rounds. Dialed 10mil down, shot three rounds, and so on, you get the point. After completeing the box, I returned to zero and fired 4 rounds. These covered the first 3.
DSCN1211.jpg

As measured with the reticule, the groups are not exactly 5mil(more like 4.5mil) from center, but they are even, and seem to be repeatable. Return to zero was good. Like I said in a previous post, the clicks feel a little mushy. There is an audible click. The glass appears to be of good quality, especially for the price. In my oppinion, this is a great scope for a 22 trainer. It is not high end optics(ie nightforce or the like) but seems to be quite adequate for a budget build or a training rifle.

Here are a few photos to compare the BSA Tactical Mil/Mil 4-14 and the Falcon Menace 4-14. They are a little blurry but I ran out of daylight before I figured the camera's settings out (I will try to get some better photos taken in the next week so the reticles are easier to see). The bush in both pictures was a little over 200 yards away. The sky was overcast with a lot of haze, and the light was quickly fading.

Falcon Menace on 14X
Falconret.jpg

BSA on 14X
BSAret-1.jpg

Falcon Turrets
falconturrets-1.jpg

BSA Turrets
BSAturrets.jpg

BSA on my Savage Mark II TR
markiiright.jpg

markiileft.jpg

Both Scopes
pair.jpg

MidwayUSA now has this scope for $250 through the end of the month. Definitly the best price I've seen for a scope with those kind of features.

The only thing that gets me is the weight. I was looking for a scope more for shooting varmints offhand and at 25 1/8 OZ this scope is way to heavy for that lol. But would be great off a bench or bipod.

This scope is made side by side with the falcons this straight from a rep here in missouri talked to him at last macth he had it on a ar platform .. for 299.99 call swfa and get a 16x super sniper the bsa felt like all of there junk