• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BSA Tactical Mil-Dot 30mm Tube 6-24x 44mm

cpmiller22

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2013
I just noticed this on sale at Midwest USA. Has anyone ever used it? I'm looking for a low cost scope to put on my 308.

The only BSA I would recommend would be the 4-14 FFP Midway Exclusive. I've been using one on my SPR with good results. It is same quality as the Falcons, so its still low end but usable.

Low end... yes. Usable... yes. Best bang for the buck... sorta. If you are on a super tight budget, they will work until you can get better. I used mine on several different rifles, and they actually held up just fine. Surprisingly, they tracked very well too. You could definintely do worse. I don't have any experience with their new FFP model, but you get what you pay for... and you will pay for what you get.

DK

Had one and it was a huge disappointment. Very dark and blurry on even medium power settings and it would not track for shit. Not only that, but after one revolution on the turrets, you are off. I forget exactly how it was laid out, but I think it was 1/4 MOA with something like 6 or 7 MOA per rev. BUT, on the last MOA of the rev, there was only two clicks between 6 and 7, whereas all the others were four! Unless they've completely changed it since then (this was three or four years ago), I wouldn't even think about it. Also, I'm not a BSA basher just because they're cheap and all the cool kids who have never used one like to make fun of them. I used a lot of their scopes years ago and thought they were good for the money. In the last several years, however, they've really gone downhill judging by the ones I've seen. YMMV.

Had one and it was a huge disappointment. Very dark and blurry on even medium power settings and it would not track for shit. Not only that, but after one revolution on the turrets, you are off. I forget exactly how it was laid out, but I think it was 1/4 MOA with something like 6 or 7 MOA per rev. BUT, on the last MOA of the rev, there was only two clicks between 6 and 7, whereas all the others were four! Unless they've completely changed it since then (this was three or four years ago), I wouldn't even think about it. Also, I'm not a BSA basher just because they're cheap and all the cool kids who have never used one like to make fun of them. I used a lot of their scopes years ago and thought they were good for the money. In the last several years, however, they've really gone downhill judging by the ones I've seen. YMMV.

^^This, and the parallax knob is ridiculously stiff, but not consistently. Sometimes it would loosen up, then inexplicably get hard as a rock again. Very irritating. I've still got the 4-14 FFP on my 10-22, though, and it undoubtedly works (although, on mine, above 10x the eye relief becomes very short, and the eye box so small it's like looking through a straw; on 4-8 or 9x it's decent, though). If you need super cheap, go with the 4-14x FFP. Otherwise, grab an SS or something.

They're absolute pieces of crap, literally bottom of the line Chinese trash. Do yourself a favor and at least get the 10x bushy, 3-10 weaver, or SWFA SS. These are actually serviceable optics unlike a BSA.

Cole454 +1. Maybe just lucky, but all mine compare to a friends leupold scope looking through them. I have one on a .308 bolt , one on a 6.5cm bolt, one on saiga .308, one on a 6.5 AR, and will put another one on a .260 AR. All are clear, crisp, and have been spot on. I have not had any problems or anything to complain about with this particular Midway exclusive BSA model. And yes I know it's not a Nightforce, USO, or anything comparable; but they have more than met my needs and have allowed me to scope 4 guns instead of just one.

Also look at the Midway exclusive Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 mildot. I have one on my varmint rig and it has been very reliable. I picked mine up for about 175 bucks about two years ago. I have not had no problem with it. Tracks good and returns to zero well. It's not my Vortex, or Kahles scope but very good low budget scope.

A friend of mine gave me one I think I ended up taping it to the top of a guarding hose sprayer as a joke than I gave it to my kids to play with.

there are better options out there even if you are on a budget. Nikon, simmons, even tasco(in some cases).

Have owned the Midway BSA scope asked about for maybe a year and 1/2 now. Its been on a few different rifles. Presently its on a 257 Roberts mauser 98 action rifle. Hardly a top notch scope, but it has served its purpose for my 100-200 yd paper shooting. Optics are more than adequate for me. Yea, I have scopes with better glass, some with worse. Had the rifle with this scope at range yesterday trying different loads/powders/bullets and etc. So, I was making adjustments for elevation mostly, sometimes up to over 4 inches on a 100 yd target when changing to a different reload. Had no problem with elevation or windage adjustments.....tracked pretty well for me.