• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

buck mark 22LR

223sender

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Hello, I'm new to shooting and this forum

I'm considering purchasing a 22LR pistol. Two that I'm looking at are, the Browning buck mark contour 725, and the Ruger 22/45 mark III pistol.
I'm also looking at the buck mark rifle. Also a 22LR.

Does anyone have any thoughts ?
Are these good guns for someone new to the sport.

223sender

Re: buck mark 22LR

I currently have 3 Buckmarks and have owned several Rugers in the past. For my personal tastes i prefer the Buckmark hands down. I really dislike the take down system on the ruger but they do shoot very well. Every Browning Buckmark I have owned has been very accurate. The Contour frame fits me perfectly and I actually shoot it better than my Hammerli Trailside Target. If it was me I would go for the Browning and never look back. But you should check both out thoroughly and see how each feels in your hand and how it balances for you - then make your decision on what feels best for you. You really can not go wrong with either one.

finaly picked up the wifes buckmark cant tell you any more about it other than it feels nice compared to my 22 45 should have range report by sat nite

Buckmark all the way! The mark 2/3 are nice but I just shoot/like the buckmark WAY more..

Buckmark 5.5 target,my all time favorite

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dwt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buckmark 5.5 target,my all time favorite </div></div>
+1
I have one and can't say enough about it.

I've owned both rugers and buckmarks. I currently own a Buckmark and love it. Super accurate and about as reliable as it gets. Plus the takedown system on the ruger is a PITA.

I have the Contour 5.5 and love it. I did the trick with flipping the sear spring and added a trigger with a over travel screw. I use a Burris fastfire awesome setup.

Best bang for the buck. Much better than the Ruger. I've had nearly all of the better quality 22 semi-autos and the Buckmark is my favorite. Very very accurate, one of mine is sighted in at 200 yards and is amazingly accurate.

Easy to work on and very reliable.

Topstrap