• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Buckmark or Beretta 87

dgcie

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
Co. Cork
Hi all

Im buying a 22lr pistol (has to be 22 for legal reasons)

Im set on either a Buckmark or a beretta 87 target.

Anybody fire both of them? Whats your opinion on them?

Which would you go for?

Will be mainly just plinking. Nothing too serious.

Re: Buckmark or Beretta 87

The beretta's are actually pretty nice. Really comfortable to hold and shoot. Plus, let's face it, they look awesome! BUT....do you really feel like spending 800 bucks for a .22?

For "nothing too serious" as you put it, the Buckmark will fulfill that role for a whole lot less money. Next criteria...you can find any conceivable accessory for the Buckmarks, not so for the Berettas. Either one will be fun to shoot, it just depends whether price and availablity of accessories matters to you.

Buckmark is the best value among these, and better than the Ruger Mark II in this price range (Mark II is commonly preferred over the Mark III). If you're willing to spend for the Beretta, I'd look at that and a Smith & Wesson Model 41 - they're more comparable, and both great guns.

+1 for Buckmark...Granted I am a bit partial since it was the first pistol I ever fired. My experience with them has been: decent factory trigger, reliable, and plenty accurate. All for a reasonable price point.

Buckmark. It was the first pistol my dad ever gave me. I enjoy shooting it more that ever!

Got a buckmark for my son. Went to the range and took my colt woodsman along also. After 500 rds of wolf ( made in Germany) ammo with half used in both guns, He wanted to trade me straight across. When cleaning later at home I looked over both guns to see why the colt was more accurate, one thing I noticed was the difference between how deep the rifling was in the colt compared to the buckmark. The buckmark almost doesn't have any rifling. If I was to do it again I would look for another colt.

The Beretta is probably the nicer of the 2 IMO, but for the price of the buckmark, you can't really beat it. A buddy has a buck mark and it shoots flawless. My uncle has the beretta and it is a smooth machine and very accurate. That said, I have a buck mark in jail right now because I couldn't find the beretta I wanted.
Thanks