• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bud Light Boycott Cost Tranheuser-Busch $1.4 Billion!!

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Dylan Mulvaney at the Red Carpet for the 2023 Outfest Opening Night Gala at the Orpheum Th
Images, AP Photo/

Tranheuser-Busch claimed it earned record revenues in 2023 but admitted its “full growth potential was constrained” in the U.S. due to a boycott after Bud Light signed transvestite Dylan Mulvaney as a sponsor.
Yeah, “constrained” by $1.4 BILLION.
More:
In North America, organic revenue, seen as the best measure of operating performance, plunged $1.4 billion last year as beer sales by volume tumbled in the region, primarily due to a decline in Bud Light sales in the United States. Beer makes up the lion’s share of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s revenue.
Bud Light sales tanked after the company’s partnership with Mulvaney last April sparked an anti-trans backlash and calls for a boycott. A tepid response to the controversy from the company also angered LGBTQ+ advocates.
“In the U.S., performance remains very underwhelming with revenue down at double-digit rates as the group lost market share,” Aarin Chiekrie, an equity analyst, told CNNLOL.
After two decades of being America’s top beer brand, Bud Light lost the crown to Modelo Especial, a Mexican lager. Gee, I guess all those immigrant-hating, MAGA-bigoted beer drinkers forgot to be bigoted.
Bud Light made the same mistake the entertainment industry is still making — targeting its product at people who have no interest in its product at the expense of loyal fans. Bud Light puts a freak in a dress drinking Bud Light as though there are enough untapped freaks in dresses to increase its market share even after all the normal people walk away disgusted with the normalization of mental illness.

Ask Sports Illustrated how betraying its base with freaks in dresses and swimsuits panned out. Oh, you can’t. Sports Illustrated is dead.

This is no different than the Disney Grooming Syndicate feminizing Star Wars and queering its children’s content. Whatever market share you gain with female gym teachers and child predators will not come close to the loyal fans among normal people you lose.

Bud Light has since tried to win its old customers back with a new advertising campaign aimed at guy-guys. The brand also signed non-woke comedian Shane Gillis as a spokesman. But what Bud Light and Tranheuser-Busch have not done is apologize or admit to making a mistake.

My disdain for boycotts aside, if Bud Light wants its former customers to forgive and forget, Bud Light must take the first step with an apology. Until then, all of these Middle America ads filled with pickup trucks, American flags, and stallions just come off as patronizing — as if that’s all that’s needed to win us rubes over.

If you want normal people for customers, don’t make a weird guy in a dress the face of your company. Normal people cannot relate to transvestites. They creep us out. Plus, you can’t drink a Bud Light anymore without someone making a joke about how you’re going to turn gay. Of course, it’s wrong to make jokes like that. I would never condone that behavior. I mean, I do laugh at the jokes, but I feel bad about it afterward. Sometimes. Okay, never.

HILARIOUS!!! THAT'S 1.4 BILLION DOLLARS! $1,400,000,000!!!!

Last edited:
They sure have been POURING $$$$ into advertising.... no sympathy.

Get woke, go broke.

How did the stupid execs think it was going to turn out. Anyone get fired as a result?

🤷‍♂️
1709254516853.png

Reactions: BurtG and 10ring'r
I haven't bought a bud light since high school and don't plan to any time soon.

That said, ABInBev isn't hurting at all. Just look at the financials.

Gross receipts don't matter 1/10th as much as net income....

Reactions: Bradu
Fuck bud light

But on another note it’s the BL truck drivers who really take it in the shorts. Part of their pay is commission. Less beer means less $$

You known damn well the upper management isn’t taking a pay cut. They may clean out a few problem children but in the end the little guy still takes the fuckin

And, again, people are concentrating on the side thing instead of the main thing.

Tranny on a the can? Funny, a one-off, the silly season, whatever. What sunk Bud Light was that woman in charge of the ad campaign disparaging the legacy customer base by calling them fratty with unsophisticated senses of humor in a tone meant to express, "hey, original market of Bud Light, go away, you're not cool."

If she had not said that, this would have been a blip that hardly anyone would remember, if at all.

And then, adding insult to injury, AB has refused to apologize for those remarks. Sure, they shuffled her around and came out with some ads meant to recapture the crowd. But verily, I say unto thee, if they do not man up and apologize, they will not recover that market share.

If I could offer the management one bit of advice there, "This is your company to run. You can run this company or you can run this company into the ground."

or to look at it another way, even if you didn't like Budweiser products, the commies took down another historic American icon by making you hate it and you didn't even suspect it happened.

Budweiser has always been an American staple beer, same with Coors, and Miller
Like the beer or not it is a traditional American beer.

Everyone knew the trans thing was not going to be accepted by the majority of buds customers, this came as a surprise to no one.

Don't get me wrong, the huge backlash to the trans shit they pulled HAD TO HAPPEN. Hopefully Bud can recover and get back to their roots of making beer water for low budget American consumers.

Dylan Mulvaney at the Red Carpet for the 2023 Outfest Opening Night Gala at the Orpheum Th
Images, AP Photo/

Tranheuser-Busch claimed it earned record revenues in 2023 but admitted its “full growth potential was constrained” in the U.S. due to a boycott after Bud Light signed transvestite Dylan Mulvaney as a sponsor.
Yeah, “constrained” by $1.4 BILLION.
More:

“In the U.S., performance remains very underwhelming with revenue down at double-digit rates as the group lost market share,” Aarin Chiekrie, an equity analyst, told CNNLOL.
After two decades of being America’s top beer brand, Bud Light lost the crown to Modelo Especial, a Mexican lager. Gee, I guess all those immigrant-hating, MAGA-bigoted beer drinkers forgot to be bigoted.
Bud Light made the same mistake the entertainment industry is still making — targeting its product at people who have no interest in its product at the expense of loyal fans. Bud Light puts a freak in a dress drinking Bud Light as though there are enough untapped freaks in dresses to increase its market share even after all the normal people walk away disgusted with the normalization of mental illness.

Ask Sports Illustrated how betraying its base with freaks in dresses and swimsuits panned out. Oh, you can’t. Sports Illustrated is dead.

This is no different than the Disney Grooming Syndicate feminizing Star Wars and queering its children’s content. Whatever market share you gain with female gym teachers and child predators will not come close to the loyal fans among normal people you lose.

Bud Light has since tried to win its old customers back with a new advertising campaign aimed at guy-guys. The brand also signed non-woke comedian Shane Gillis as a spokesman. But what Bud Light and Tranheuser-Busch have not done is apologize or admit to making a mistake.

My disdain for boycotts aside, if Bud Light wants its former customers to forgive and forget, Bud Light must take the first step with an apology. Until then, all of these Middle America ads filled with pickup trucks, American flags, and stallions just come off as patronizing — as if that’s all that’s needed to win us rubes over.

If you want normal people for customers, don’t make a weird guy in a dress the face of your company. Normal people cannot relate to transvestites. They creep us out. Plus, you can’t drink a Bud Light anymore without someone making a joke about how you’re going to turn gay. Of course, it’s wrong to make jokes like that. I would never condone that behavior. I mean, I do laugh at the jokes, but I feel bad about it afterward. Sometimes. Okay, never.

HILARIOUS! THAT'S 1.4 BILLION DOLLARS! $1,400,000,000!!!
I still won't buy any of their products

Honestly i had already forgotten about the budlite boycott. Never hear about it anymore.

or to look at it another way, even if you didn't like Budweiser products, the commies took down another historic American icon by making you hate it and you didn't even suspect it happened.

Everyone knew the trans thing was not going to be accepted by the majority of buds customers, this came as a surprise to no one.

Don't get me wrong, the huge backlash to the trans shit they pulled HAD TO HAPPEN. Hopefully Bud can recover and get back to their roots of making beer water for low budget American consumers.

Or another way to look at this a so-called American company decided it wanted commie fags as customers rather than Americans.

Or another way to look at this a so-called American company decided it wanted commie fags as customers rather than Americans.
or they were paid off in the background via shell companies by some leftist organization, and the billion they lost doesn't matter, we will never know

Just seems extremely odd a company that caters to the Homer Simpsons of America would do anything gay or trans, highly suspect behavior in my opinion. They know who buys their product

LOL...you guys don't know from high class beer....for the win haha

1709310222853.png

My dad drinks Fudd Light, and lots of it. :(

He cracks his first one at 1430, and drinks until he goes to bed. I'm amazed he has a liver left.

Branden

SON!!! How have you been???

As far as I'm concerned the corporate states of America needs to die. I'm sick of traveling and every time I get off the freeway every intersection looks the same. I can be 1200 miles from home and it's like I never left. Every corner of this country should have its own flavor and not be controlled by fortune 500s imo. Even worse look at all the sellouts trying to pump bud light up again. Those are the people that will happily lie to you for profit

In companies this size, they don't all sit around and see if something caters to "company values"....everything is fragmented and compartmentalized....

So all it takes is getting one diversity hire in the right place to decide to make a decision based on personal preference vs market preferences....and there's really no one to stop them.

And frankly, so long as line on graph go up, the CEOs and investors don't give a shit....if its making money, Bud would happily be known as "gay beer".

....and they really don't make a stink unless it causes them to lose money..... unfortunately for them, A LOT of damage was done before they caught it.

Brands as iconic as Budweiser do not build themselves. this took teams of people and big $$$ to do.

Its the brand name that has the most value.

You are parroting the story the MSM put out, it was just this one VP of marketing or whatever :D :D Nope, not even close.

As far as I'm concerned the corporate states of America needs to die. I'm sick of traveling and every time I get off the freeway every intersection looks the same. I can be 1200 miles from home and it's like I never left. Every corner of this country should have its own flavor and not be controlled by fortune 500s imo. Even worse look at all the sellouts trying to pump bud light up again. Those are the people that will happily lie to you for profit

While I am with you in spirit, I am torn on the reality of what that really means. It means a small business can never grow beyond it's corner of the world. That makes no sense either.

Reactions: M4orturnate
Pour the top ten most popular American style lagers into 10 identical unlabeled glasses and 90%+ of the target market can’t tell the difference, or pick out “their brand.”

Reactions: Im2bent
Pour the top ten most popular American style lagers into 10 identical unlabeled glasses and 90%+ of the target market can’t tell the difference, or pick out “their brand.”

Meh yuengling bud light coors light Miller all taste different

Not everyone is uncultured swine