• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Budget 34mm mount

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    UTG 34mm High one piece mount. My wife knew I bought a new scope and she went searching and found a mount on Amazon and ordered it as a surprise, at first I was getting ready to send it back as soon as it showed up, But I was extremely surprised as it’s build quality was much higher than I expected. Not bad for $40. I have seen worse ones that Cost twice as much.

Attachments

• CF31EC89-C922-4B47-9C3E-5597DF4B0FE6.png
      CF31EC89-C922-4B47-9C3E-5597DF4B0FE6.png
      140.3 KB · Views: 49
    • C5BEFA98-0126-46FC-A827-BE3A5C485435.jpeg
      C5BEFA98-0126-46FC-A827-BE3A5C485435.jpeg
      40.3 KB · Views: 45
    • A08A4470-F39E-40E0-8FB8-891046321E64.jpeg
      A08A4470-F39E-40E0-8FB8-891046321E64.jpeg
      278 KB · Views: 51
    For a cheap scope, its an option. I wouldn't put a high end tube in that though... lord knows what the straightness or concentricity of those two clamping surfaces are...

Be wary of the material too, I had some UTG rings on a 22lr, they cracked along the rail dovetail after a few months as it's just cheap die cast something... its certainly not a graded alloy like 6061 or 7075.

Agreed. What you pay for with Spuhr, Seekins, NF is precision and closer tolerances. My experience with cheapie stuff is that is is coursely milled stuff that is made in a factory that grinds out lots of different stuff using low end materials with unskilled labor. I might be wrong but the quality of the product speaks for itself.

If you think it's better to put a $2k scope in a $40 mount, that is your choice. But for $40 more you can get a set of Seekins/Vortex rings used on the PX.

Not attacking the OP, just sharing an opinion.

For a cheap scope, its an option. I wouldn't put a high end tube in that though... lord knows what the straightness or concentricity of those two clamping surfaces are...

Be wary of the material too, I had some UTG rings on a 22lr, they cracked along the rail dovetail after a few months as it's just cheap die cast something... its certainly not a graded alloy like 6061 or 7075.

Reactions: Bender
    Yeah, I get it. I wish you could see it. It looks better than a Burris or Warne one piece mount. Yes it’s China, but so is your cellphone and 3/4ths the Athlon line. Just more options out there.

You have an awesome wife. She cares enough to try and research an item of interest to you for your sport and she surprised you with it. I have an awesome wife too. And a safe and drawers of stuff I didn't care for , but I kept. Now I was a little pissed at my friends who suggested some of the stuff....

Honestly, your wife seems pretty cool but your going to probably regret that UTG mount sooner or later and you probably waste just as much money and twice as much time figuring out what a lot of other folks already have. Save your self some time and money now, and find a quality mount. Don't forget that for sale section here on the hide, you can find some really good deals.

Thanks for my financial interest guys, LOL I will shoot it until it doesn’t shoot anymore then I will come looking for a better one.

You have an awesome wife. She cares enough to try and research an item of interest to you for your sport and she surprised you with it. I have an awesome wife too. And a safe and drawers of stuff I didn't care for , but I kept. Now I was a little pissed at my friends who suggested some of the stuff....

She's just smart is all. Her thinking to herself...Hmm, male dickhead husband might buy a $370 Spur mount and that could go for how many pairs of shoes and other vital beauty accessories??!!, so female woof wifey super women must intervene immediately.

I meant that as humor.

Reactions: TXBO and Bender
    UTG 34mm High one piece mount. My wife knew I bought a new scope and she went searching and found a mount on Amazon and ordered it as a surprise, at first I was getting ready to send it back as soon as it showed up, But I was extremely surprised as it’s build quality was much higher than I expected. Not bad for $40. I have seen worse ones that Cost twice as much.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in a circumstance right now where I need an inexpensive 34mm mount for one of my air rifles and a scope just sitting on the shelf in the safe.

She's just smart is all. Her thinking to herself...Hmm, male dickhead husband might buy a $370 Spur mount and that could go for how many pairs of shoes and other vital beauty accessories??!!, so female woof wifey super women must intervene immediately.

I meant that as humor.

I am just amazed and feel lucky that she took the initiative to order one as a surprise. I am not going to insult her judgment and generosity by ordering one that is more expensive when this one will probably do everything I needed to LOL. She goes shooting with me often and looks good in a bikini. I’m not going to screw that up LMAO

I am just amazed and feel lucky that she took the initiative to order one as a surprise. I am not going to insult her judgment and generosity by ordering one that is more expensive when this one will probably do everything I needed to LOL. She goes shooting with me often and looks good in a bikini. I’m not going to screw that up LMAO

Yeah, I'm just in a funny mood, lol.

There are some nice wifey's out there, my current second one is right now, what a blessing she is. Man if you have one that isn't hard to look at too you pretty much won the woofy wifey super women lottery!