• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget 34mm scope rings

Blmiles

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2020
I have no where local to try rings for my back up gun. I bought a Tikka Ctr and am going to mount a Arken Shv. I've looked through the px section and can't find and low rings. Looking to stay under 100. Thought I could find some used pmr rings but haven't had any luck. Any one tried the arken rings? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

The lowest I see from xlr is 1.26. Wouldn't that be too high for a 50 mm on a Tikka?

I will 3rd the Arken HALO rings... I have a few pairs. Very solid, and extremely precise machining tolerances for a $60 set of rings. Virtually zero ring-gap after proper and even torquing, when used on their SH4 scopes. I use their 0.92" rings, and they'll work just fine for up to a 56mm objective on a R700 with an EGW 20 MOA base.

If you're not afraid to drop some coin on a good set of rings, the Seekins Precision 34mm Low (0.92") rings work awesome as well. I run the Seekins rings almost exclusively, other than a couple of Arken scopes with their rings.

Reactions: Gohring65
strike eagle 56mm with Arken lows.
20 or 30 moa rail. (Can’t remember)
28745C8C-F31F-4C51-85FA-2013D16C32B4.png

Reactions: FuhQ
This is the Arken lows with their scope. It looks like it’s touching under the turret body, but it’s not. It’s very close and you can pretty much eyeball the gap and level the scope.
DE9489B6-FA5A-42AA-B209-3986A4826A56.png

Reactions: z71rat and FuhQ
I will 3rd the Arken HALO rings... I have a few pairs. Very solid, and extremely precise machining tolerances for a $60 set of rings. Virtually zero ring-gap after proper and even torquing, when used on their SH4 scopes. I use their 0.92" rings, and they'll work just fine for up to a 56mm objective on a R700 with an EGW 20 MOA base.

If you're not afraid to drop some coin on a good set of rings, the Seekins Precision 34mm Low (0.92") rings work awesome as well. I run the Seekins rings almost exclusively, other than a couple of Arken scopes with their rings.
All my current rings are pmr seekins or vortex. I've never considered going lower than that but I'm upgrading a lot of other things at the moment and need to save a little. Annealer, new dies, 2 new scopes, auto trickle, and the price of components have put a dent on the gun budget this year!

Im surprised the resident Burris guy didnt mention the Burris XTR signature rings. If you shop around you can find them under $100. I have 2 sets.
No issues with mine, and the inserts seem to stop ring marks on the tube.

Still going to upgrade to a taller 1 piece mount eventually

Im surprised the resident Burris guy didnt mention the Burris XTR signature rings. If you shop around you can find them under $100. I have 2 sets.
I have several sets. I think everyone agrees they're excellent rings.

But I have to confess, I didnt know you could get them for under a hundred bucks 😉

I buy/trade/sell a lot of scopes, those rings are great for the scope finish.
Hell, the Arken rings and the Seekins rings don't mar the scope finish either...Very nice finish machining & cerakote on them. I've been running those Seekins rings for 10 years on some heavy recoiling magnums (7mm STW, .300 Ackley) without muzzle brakes, and zero issues, no etching or marring on the tubes or finishes. 👍🏼

Reactions: JohnCarter17
Hell, the Arken rings and the Seekins rings don't mar the scope finish either...Very nice finish machining & cerakote on them. I've been running those Seekins rings for 10 years on some heavy recoiling magnums (7mm STW, .300 Ackley) without muzzle brakes, and zero issues, no etching or marring on the tubes or finishes. 👍🏼
I agree on the Seekins. I never had a problem with them. I run them often cant beat them at the used market price. If I have to pay full price for the 34mm Seekins I’m picking the Burris every time, just because the versatility of them and the moa insert options. You can literally forget about your zero stop and usually get to a few mils off the bottom with the Burris. You can get everything out of your scope if you need all of it. Think about dialing to 1000-1500 and your right at the optical center of your lenses and how much clearer it could be.

Arkens are great for the money, I would probably choose the arkens over the Seekins if I had only those two choices at retail.
They both don’t really differ that much from each other. I have both right now, and like both.

Last edited:
I agree and they are excellent rings, heavy duty for sure. I can’t find them low enough in 34 mm.
Yeah unfortunately the lowest 34mm they have is the RWU013420 with a base to center height of 32mm. No clue why they never came out with some 25mm base to centers for the 34mm tubes like they did for the 30mm tubes.

How about EGW? I have a set of these, work as they should, american made

I have been using their bases for over a decade (literally, every rifle I own, even my 10/22 and rimfires...Except my CA Ranger 22, it's proprietary), but haven't tried their new rings. But, i'd imagine that if they're the same quality as their bases, they will be top-notch. 👍🏼

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have been using their bases for over a decade (literally, every rifle I own, even my 10/22 and rimfires...Except my CA Ranger 22, it's proprietary), but haven't tried their new rings. But, i'd imagine that if they're the same quality as their bases, they will be top-notch. 👍🏼
EGW definitely makes good scope bases.

I scratch my head at all these guys charging $100 plus for a scope base. EGW charges $40 and they are excellent.

I have no experience with their rings though.

MDT Premier Scope Rings and if needed the MDT 20MOA bases.

I have changed most of my scopes to the MDT rings, excellent value, scopes never shift in rings and the return to zero if scope is removed and remounted is amazing.

I have a few also — altering one now for a Tikka in 300wsm — for some reason EGW doesn’t include a recoil lug or a hole for one — thinking I want to add one

EGW definitely makes good scope bases.

I scratch my head at all these guys charging $100 plus for a scope base. EGW charges $40 and they are excellent.

I have no experience with their rings though.
I always buy the HD models (7075 aluminum) if they make an HD version for that gun, they're $69.99. But still, I agree, like the NF bases and rings. You'll be $350 in a set of rings and a base easily after shipping and tax. I can buy an EGW HD base, and a set of Seekins rings for about $225.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have a few also — altering one now for a Tikka in 300wsm — for some reason EGW doesn’t include a recoil lug or a hole for one — thinking I want to add one
For a .300 WSM it's not necessary, but I agree, they should come with at least 1 hole, incase you want to run it pinned. I've run mine on my 7mm STW's and .300 Ackley for 10+ years with zero shift. No muzzle brakes...Pure recoil. With heavy bullets and big charges. Never an issue.

I've been pleased with my 2 sets use them to shoot to 2k with no elevation hold overs.

I had a few sets of talleys. Never gave me grief. Were around 50-60 bucks.