• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget 6-24x scope options: Bushnell Match Pro vs. Arken SH-4

GrendelCurious

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2021
USA
So I'm in the process of putting together a precision/long range grendel AR.

I've got pretty much everything on hand, and am considering my options for an optic. Use cases are going to be primarily punching holes in paper from 1-600 yards, with occasional trips out to about 1000.

In the future, once I've got a bit more LR experience under my belt, I'd like to try my hand at some casual PRS matches for fun.

My budget is preferably under $500, and I'm mostly looking at either the Arken SH4 or Bushnell match pro in 6-24.

Unfortunately, both are sold direct from the manufacturer, so I don't have the opportunity to get my hands on either one and I've got to rely on the internet. Most of the arken reviews I've found reek of paid, shilling, though I've found a few that seem to be reasonably objective. I've found almost no independent reviews about the bushnell, though they seem to be at least a bit more open about their paid promotions/sponsorships.

That being said, I'm really leaning towards the Arken. I like the reticle better, it has a slightly wider field of view, and I'd really like a scope with a zero stop, a feature that's unfortunately lacking in most scopes in this price range.

Bushnell, on the other hand, is a a much more well known and established company. The glass on the match pro is allegedly similar in quality to the forge line. Compared to the Arken on paper, it has 10 mil turrets rather than 8, and parallax can be adjusted down to 10 yards, where the Arken is limited to 25.

That being said, I don't think that I'll really be shooting this rifle any closer than 25 yards, don't think my local range even has positions closer than that on their rifle range. And I'm not sure that 10 mill turrets are really worth losing a zero stop.

So while on paper, the arken seems like a better option for me, I'm curious if anyone here has actually used or tried both scopes and can tell me how they compared? Especially in less easily quantifiable measures like glass clarity and eyebox.

I'm not expecting any miracles in glass quality at this price point, I think I'll be happy as long as it's clear enough to make out my target. Eyebox is a bit of a bigger deal though, as I know a lot of budget optics can be pretty tight.

If there are others in this price point that stand out, I might be interested in those options as well.

Reactions: gnochi

I've got pretty much everything on hand, and am considering my options for an optic. Use cases are going to be primarily punching holes in paper from 1-600 yards, with occasional trips out to about 1000.

In the future, once I've got a bit more LR experience under my belt, I'd like to try my hand at some casual PRS matches for fun.

My budget is preferably under $500, and I'm mostly looking at either the Arken SH4 or Bushnell match pro in 6-24.

Unfortunately, both are sold direct from the manufacturer, so I don't have the opportunity to get my hands on either one and I've got to rely on the internet. Most of the arken reviews I've found reek of paid, shilling, though I've found a few that seem to be reasonably objective. I've found almost no independent reviews about the bushnell, though they seem to be at least a bit more open about their paid promotions/sponsorships.

That being said, I'm really leaning towards the Arken. I like the reticle better, it has a slightly wider field of view, and I'd really like a scope with a zero stop, a feature that's unfortunately lacking in most scopes in this price range.

Bushnell, on the other hand, is a a much more well known and established company. The glass on the match pro is allegedly similar in quality to the forge line. Compared to the Arken on paper, it has 10 mil turrets rather than 8, and parallax can be adjusted down to 10 yards, where the Arken is limited to 25.

That being said, I don't think that I'll really be shooting this rifle any closer than 25 yards, don't think my local range even has positions closer than that on their rifle range. And I'm not sure that 10 mill turrets are really worth losing a zero stop.

So while on paper, the arken seems like a better option for me, I'm curious if anyone here has actually used or tried both scopes and can tell me how they compared? Especially in less easily quantifiable measures like glass clarity and eyebox.

I'm not expecting any miracles in glass quality at this price point, I think I'll be happy as long as it's clear enough to make out my target. Eyebox is a bit of a bigger deal though, as I know a lot of budget optics can be pretty tight.

If there are others in this price point that stand out, I might be interested in those options as well.
If you have any plans on pushing the Grendel to its limits, it is very hard to do with a budget scope. I think the lowest I'd go is the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 and that is more than your budget.

Clarity is ten times more important than magnification. And LR shooting requires a scope that tracks well. Not budget features.

If you are on a budget try to find a used scope. This path will likely end with you having a scope that is hard to sell and needing the money for something better.

Don’t think you can go wrong with Arken SH4. Matches scopes over double it’s price range with features. And as above said chuck it on a rim fire or cheaper build down the track! I have Marches and S&Bers but also two Arkens and they do real well on the rifles they are on. Cheers

Take note everyone.
This, this right here is how a question should be asked.

Bravo to the OP.

Sorry that I can't answer your questions, but at least you laid out what you want to know vs what you do know.

Double thumbs up.

I can tell you for a fact the Arken SH4 is a fantastic scope for the money. Either one, the 4-16 or the 6-24 would more than serve you well. I own both, and they will do what you want. Can’t beat them for the funds spent in my opinion.

DK

I ran the Match Pro out to 1047y with a 308 in testing. Tracking has been excellent with them, and glass is definitely better than the price point suggests.

18 Mil elevation on the Bushnell Vs 32 Mil on the Arken, the Bushnell claims 18 on windage Vs 10 for Arken.

Zero stop on the Arken but not locking turrets, opposite arrangement on the Bushnell.

Don't have the Match Pro but do have one of their Forge line that has similar features, I also have the Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MIL VPR.
I'm happy with both scopes, figure out what your needs Vs wants are on features. A good hard look at a drop chart for your Grendel and figuring out what you can or need to dial or not is advisable.

Take a look at the Athlon Midas Tac line. You get a lot for your money there - glass is good, tracking is spot on, warranty is fantastic.

Reactions: gnochi
18 Mil elevation on the Bushnell Vs 32 Mil on the Arken, the Bushnell claims 18 on windage Vs 10 for Arken.

Zero stop on the Arken but not locking turrets, opposite arrangement on the Bushnell.

Don't have the Match Pro but do have one of their Forge line that has similar features, I also have the Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MIL VPR.
I'm happy with both scopes, figure out what your needs Vs wants are on features. A good hard look at a drop chart for your Grendel and figuring out what you can or need to dial or not is advisable.

I've been told that the glass on the match pro is comparable to the forge line.

How well would you say that your arken compare to your forge scope, particularly in terms of glass clarity and eyebox?

In full daylight and overcast they both seem equal in clarity to me, not had chance to observe targets set in shadow though.

On the particular Forge I have the eyebox is smaller but not objectionably bad.

I have a few 6-24’s. The Match Pro costs the least, but has the best glass. It is also the only scope I have that the Parallax graduations match up perfectly. The Parallax knob is stiff as hell. You almost need channel locks to twist it. Also the reticles center dot is huge compared to the other 6-24’s.

• Haha
Reactions: AmishKyle
I have both scopes. I am not an optics expert, just a regular guy. I realize some of this stuff won't apply to the OP's needs, but I might as well throw it all out there.

Glass quality: Even
I can't definitively say one is far superior to the other, they're both pretty damn good for "budget" scopes. This is subjective and just my opinion.

Eyebox: Even
- Haven't noticed one better/worse than the other. Also subjective and my viewpoint.

Reticle: Arken (but would be personal preference)
- For precision work, due to thinner lines and smaller center dot. The Match Pro is a thicker reticle, but still useable.

Illumination: Match Pro
- It's very bright, some might consider it "daylight bright". I've used it during an NRL22 match with no issues. The Arken is only useable in lower light conditions.

Turrets: Personal preference
- Match Pro has 10 mil per revolution, adjustments are very positive/tactile, but the detents are also spaced very close together so it's fairly easy to over dial. They lock and are SUPER easy to reset to zero, but no zero-stop. The numbers are smaller and harder to read.

- Arken has huge knobs, only has 8 mil per revolution, adjustments are very positive/tactile and the detents are widely spaced. The turrets are non-locking, but there is a zero-stop. Resetting the turrets to zero isn't difficult, but it does require loosening/tightening 3 set screws. The numbers are huge and easy to read.

Parallax: Match Pro
- The adjustment goes down to 10 yards and the settings are true to actual yardage, but the dial is fairly stiff. The Arken only goes down to 25 yards, the dial is easier to rotate and the numbers easier to read, but they don't match the actual yardage for me.

Elevation (internal travel) : Arken
- Advertised at 32 MIL, but mine has 35.6 actual MIL. The Match Pro is advertised at 18 MIL and mine has 18.1 MIL.

Field of view: Arken
- 34mm tube on the Arken vs 30mm on the Match Pro.

Misc:
- I love the Arken flip caps because they have several notches and will fold completely flat against the scope, that's nice for NRL22, especially when engaging ladder rungs.
- The Arken magnification ring rotation is backwards from my other scopes.
- You have to buy the sunshade and flip caps separate for either scope. The Arken does come with rubber bikini covers though.
- Arken sells a nice aluminum throw lever that fits/functions great. Had to go aftermarket for the Match Pro with a MK Machining lever and I had to add a piece of electrical tape on the inside to get a tight fit on the magnification ring.

If I think of something else, I'll revise.

Pics below are with a smartphone camera and the brightness of the image can be deceiving due to how the camera was positioned.

20210714_185923.jpg

20210714_190938.jpg

I had a Bushnell DMR2, and a Vortex PST G2 and a Razor G2, as well as an AMG, Nightforce NXS and ATACR, all the way up to the Kahles 6-24. I have sold them all and now run the Arkens.

With the performance of the Arken, I can’t justify the expense of the other various scopes out there.

DK

• Haha
Reactions: SepticDeath
zero stop feature ???
I'll chime in. The Zero Stop on my Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24 is easy to set. I mean very easy. The only gripe I've got with Arken is maybe send some extra "grub" screws for the turrets.. just in case. They're tiny and I like to have spare parts.

But all in all I'm happy with the scope. For the $$$, it's a good value. Just don't expect Razor Gen II LOW glass performance. Of which you shouldn't.

On a side note.. I actually like the turrets on the Arken more than my Razor. For what I do.. they're great (albeit a bit on the HUGE side.)

I had a Bushnell DMR2, and a Vortex PST G2 and a Razor G2, as well as an AMG, Nightforce NXS and ATACR, all the way up to the Kahles 6-24. I have sold them all and now run the Arkens.

With the performance of the Arken, I can’t justify the expense of the other various scopes out there.

DK
Just stop it! Please, it's getting ridiculous.

I just picked up a 4-16 EP4. It’s very nice and compact. Glass is good. Turrets are distinct, tracks well, Mag ring is pretty tight but I have a throw knob on it. The parallax is almost at infinity just to focus at 100 years though so that’s weird.

What’s ridiculous? The truth?!?

DK
I have looked through my Razor, Mark 5 and an Arken on a 1,000 yard range. Glass in the Arken was mediocre at best. To say you you sold all those other great optics to buy Arkens to replace them is complete BS. Bet you deep throat Arkens CEO also.

I'm not a paid shill... I bought every scope, gun, barrel, etc... I own with my hard-earned money. And if something is a POS, overrated, overpriced, etc... I'm not afraid to admit if I made a bad investment. And I own and have owned A LOT of different scopes, and even still have a few top-tier scopes in my lineup (Zeiss, Kahles, Vortex, etc...), so I'm not going to say that the Arken can compare with a Razor, NXS, ATACR, IOR, or K624i by any means...But it does have some features that are typically only found on scopes in that price range, which is very nice, IMO.

The glass certainly is not going to compete with a Razor, NXS, ATACR, IOR, Zeiss, Kahles, etc... but it will give the PST, Mark IV, SHV, and scopes in that price range a hell of a run. And when you consider that's a $450 scope competing strongly with $1,000-$1,500 scopes. That's impressive to me.

The glass, however, is better than the batch of yellow-tinted S&B PMII's that I looked through a few years back... I was NOT impressed with how S&B is just living off a legacy. I've seen 1980's Tasco World Class scopes from Walmart with less yellowing in the lens coatings. LOL

I know some folks say Rex is a paid shill for free products, but his review does show some very interesting observations, that people with eyes and a brain can figure out just by observing, without hearing his opinions of them. He is outside with the scopes in the direct sunlight, with the camera setup so you can see through the scopes yourself and see the differences. The Arken blows the S&B away... What he showed in the video is exactly what I have noticed for years in real life with S&B, and how they've pretty much technologically stagnated over the decades. When $450 scopes have clearer and better glass, your company that makes $4,500 scopes should be embarrassed, and scrambling to fix that. Just my opinion...

Here's the video incase anyone else wants to watch the part where he looks through them, so you see what I'm talking about. And if you think he's FOS, go to a store that has an S&B PMII and ask to look through it...You will see how vermillion/yellow the tint is on the lens coatings. I am not a fan, personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: MackDaddy1962
I have looked through my Razor, Mark 5 and an Arken on a 1,000 yard range. Glass in the Arken was mediocre at best. To say you you sold all those other great optics to buy Arkens to replace them is complete BS. Bet you deep throat Arkens CEO also.
^^Pretty much this...(minus the deep throat thing)

I have to say with all the hype I've read on this scope I expected something completely different.

I had an opportunity to put this alongside my $550 Burris RT25 about a month ago, and it burst the bubble. Just so you don't think I'm going off the rails on the Arken and going full Burris fan boy, I'm not. It has some great features in illumination and a lot more travel than the RT25. But the glass was nicer in the Burris.

The Arken is a good scope for its price point. I think its good value for its cost. But thats it. It amazes me that people aren't satisfied with their purchase on that level. Everything they own has to "punch above its weight class" or be as good as Brand X at two to three times the price. Thats not this scope gang. Thats not most scopes. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
^^Pretty much this...(minus the deep throat thing)

I have to say with all the hype I've read on this scope I expected something completely different.

I had an opportunity to put this alongside my $550 Burris RT25 about a month ago, and it burst the bubble. Just so you don't think I'm going off the rails on the Arken and going full Burris fan boy, I'm not. It has some great features in illumination and a lot more travel than the RT25. But the glass was nicer in the Burris.

The Arken is a good scope for its price point. I think its good value for its cost. But thats it. It amazes me that people aren't satisfied with their purchase on that level. Everything they own has to "punch above its weight class" or be as good as Brand X at two to three times the price. Thats not this scope gang. Thats not most scopes. You get what you pay for.
Well said. It's just this guy everytime the word Arken is mentioned he gets wet and says some stupid crap. I just couldn't take I sold all my good optics to buy Arkens.

I'm on the arken boat, but I'm not blind to their downsides. I'm also a bushnell guy, I love the tactical line but the match pro and forge scopes aren't on the same level as the arken. I also own a 5-25 strike eagle, not impressed.

Arken
pros-
1- tracking, as just about everyone says is fantastic
2- turret feel
3- 25yd focus
4- reticle design
5- overall robust feel

1- glass is ok. it's plenty useable. it's not on par with my $1,500+ scopes, as it shouldn't be...
2- 8mils per rev. it isn't a deal breaker, and it leaves more space between clicks, so, whatever...
3- i've got quite a bit of illumination bleeding on one of mine.
4- for nrl/prs 22 matches, the 25yd focus is a looong way from 100yds. it's probably close to 1/2 rev or so. may not seem like much but when on the clock and having to dial multiple yardages it isn't fun.

All I'm going to say is that I'm giving Arken a fair chance. I had never even heard of them until the last few months. An older guy who competes at NRL22 had one on his rifle and said he was really impressed. I did some research and liked what I saw at the price point. I like the one I have and I ordered 2 more yesterday, they sent me tracking today. One will replace my Bushnell XRSII, only because I hate the Horus H59 reticle and it has no illumination, not because the Arken has better glass.

The Arken has good enough glass for me, good enough that with my eyes it's just a minor step below my DMRII. I really like the Arken reticle, I find it easy to use. If the other 2 scopes are crap for some reason, I will report that as well. I am not brand loyal, I use what works at a price that fits my budget. If Arken turns out to be crap in the long run, then so be it, but I'm at least willing to give them a shot and not condemn them for trying to put out a product that hits above it's price.

Would I like to be able to afford to put 3 Razor scopes on my rifles at $2000 each, sure, but I'm confident I accomplish my same goal (my goal, not everyone else's) with 3 Arkens at $450 each. That puts $4650 back in my pocket for ammo and other things (obviously just giving a random example here).

Just giving my opinion, not trying to step on toes or have a dick comparison contest by any means. I really like this forum and there are obviously very educated and experienced shooters on here. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone, just trying to give an unbiased viewpoint.

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is that I'm giving Arken a fair chance. I had never even heard of them until the last few months. An older guy who competes at NRL22 had one on his rifle and said he was really impressed. I did some research and liked what I saw at the price point. I like the one I have and I ordered 2 more yesterday, they sent me tracking today. One will replace my Bushnell XRSII, only because I hate the Horus H59 reticle and it has no illumination, not because the Arken has better glass. The Arken has good enough glass for me, good enough that with my eyes it's just a minor step below my DMRII. I really like the Arken reticle, I find it easy to use. If the other 2 scopes are crap for some reason, I will report that as well. I am not brand loyal, I use what works at a price that fits my budget. If Arken turns out to be crap in the long run, then so be it, but I'm at least willing to give them a shot and not condemn them for trying to put out a product that hits above it's price. Would I like to be able to afford to put 3 Razor scopes on my rifles at $2000 each, sure, but I'm confident I accomplish my same goal (my goal, not everyone else's) with 3 Arkens at $450 each. That puts $4650 back in my pocket for ammo and other things (obviously just giving a random example here).

Just giving my opinion, not trying to step on toes or have a dick comparison contest by any means. I really like this forum and there are obviously very educated and experienced shooters on here. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone, just trying to give an unbiased viewpoint.
I like that attitude. I like people willing to give things a fair shot, and be unbiased. Being open-minded in life will get you a lot farther, and allow you to experience things most folks never will get the enjoyment from, because they're too closed-minded to try new things. I do the same thing with wildcat cartridges and scopes, and things like that all the time. Nobody I know has an Arken, never seen one in person, never looked through one, did a bunch of internet research, watched a bunch of videos, and decided to pull the trigger. So far, I'm really impressed with the "bang for the buck" you get with them.

I've looked through and sold a metric shit-tonne of optics in my life...Ranging from $50 to $5,000. And a lot of those top-end scopes are NOT worth the money. There is a point where you're just paying for a name and a legacy, and I'd say that's about the +$2,500 range. Is the Arken perfect? No... But it sure puts up a good fight against most everything else up to the $1,000 price point, IMO.

There seems to be a lot more brand snobs on here than other gun forums I've been on... Whether its suppressors, optics, rifle brands, ammo, etc... And they seem to have their fellow fanboys that always have their back, and like to jump people when they can, and try to make them look stupid for having different thoughts and ideals. Hell, I called-out price-gouging last year, and one guy called me "poor" because only poor people can't afford to pay the peak gouged prices, and that I should stop bitching about capitalism. 🙄

I'm at a point where I'm just going to keep doing my thing, and if anyone on here doesn't like it, they can fuck off.

A return to reason on those last few posts. Nice to see.

Like I said above, the Arken is good value. If they show some durability then thats better still.

I agree they are a step up from the Strike Eagle. Ive see one of those that was pretty decent optically, and two that were total fog fests. So far the one Arken I looked through was better than those.

Since you doubted that I have owned all of those different tiers of glass…

And now I own Arkens. My dime, my choice.

DK

Attachments

• 68FEFCFF-C18C-4722-B8AC-ACF2B2E43A96.jpeg
    68FEFCFF-C18C-4722-B8AC-ACF2B2E43A96.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DAE123CB-E4EB-45D2-B49A-439312D8E8B7.jpeg
    DAE123CB-E4EB-45D2-B49A-439312D8E8B7.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 662F8711-0C50-440E-AC86-5A5FDC12B712.jpeg
    662F8711-0C50-440E-AC86-5A5FDC12B712.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 9F11D808-5C03-4035-9DEB-9CDA647EBE3B.jpeg
    9F11D808-5C03-4035-9DEB-9CDA647EBE3B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 54E638D6-4E17-4539-8FA0-E3B001DDA842.jpeg
    54E638D6-4E17-4539-8FA0-E3B001DDA842.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • 1394BD00-9F20-4F8F-A11C-CE14A5D27CDF.jpeg
    1394BD00-9F20-4F8F-A11C-CE14A5D27CDF.jpeg
    713.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 09332EDB-54D0-47B0-B5FA-840B6393EA2C.jpeg
    09332EDB-54D0-47B0-B5FA-840B6393EA2C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • 86EBEC25-0033-46B3-9902-66A0CB803317.jpeg
    86EBEC25-0033-46B3-9902-66A0CB803317.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 145
  • C2D647AB-F337-4B99-A152-DE20CFD81CA1.jpeg
    C2D647AB-F337-4B99-A152-DE20CFD81CA1.jpeg
    785.7 KB · Views: 183
Im torn between the Arken, Match Pro and the new Venom. How would all y'all rate these best to worst?

Im torn between the Arken, Match Pro and the new Venom. How would all y'all rate these best to worst?
I have 2 of the Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 scopes, and a new Strike Eagle 5-25x56. If I’m not mistaken, the Venom is basically the same scope as the Strike Eagle, just with less features.

The Arken & Venom/Strike Eagle are pretty close in glass and reticle quality (pretty much equal through my eyes), but I’d give the features list advantage to the Arken, it’s also $50 cheaper than the Venom.

And right now, if you buy an Arken at full price, you can turn around and order a 2nd one, use the code #GoBrandon and get $100 off + free shipping. 👍🏼

I compare both the SE and Arkens in my thread... Feel free to check it out.

Reactions: Task Unit Bruiser
I have the Match Pro and a couple other 6-24 scopes in that price range. The Match Pro has great glass for the money, but the parallax adjustment is stiff and the reticle’s center dot is kind of big compared to other 6-24’s. I would go with the SH4 based on several YouTube reviews and comparisons. This is just a quick view through the scopes with an iPhone cam.

I think if you only have 500$ to spend get the Arken, if you have 7-800$ to spend on the strike eagle just a get a DMR2 I have both and it’s just a better scope. I feel like the locking turrets and illumination on the strike eagle is a large percentage of the overall price, and it’s punching about where the Arken is in price point, (500$) or right where they put the venom.

I think if you only have 500$ to spend get the Arken, if you have 7-800$ to spend on the strike eagle just a get a DMR2 I have both and it’s just a better scope. I feel like the locking turrets and illumination on the strike eagle is a large percentage of the overall price, and it’s punching about where the Arken is in price point, (500$) or right where they put the venom.
Honestly, I feel differently...I think the Arken is worth more than its price-point, based on how it compares to my scopes of a higher price.

My HS-T scopes' LIST price is just shy of $1000...But they sell for about $700. The Strike Eagle is $799 List and sells for around $700. The Arken is $450 all day, everyday.

And I feel the Strike Eagle and Arken are better than my HS-T scopes in pretty much every single way...Including glass, and definitely the turrets, and exponentially better when it comes to the Arken ZS and Vortex RevStop systems. WAY better than those stupid brass shims that feel spongy and inaccurate, and do not hit a solid wall on the dial-back on the HS-T scopes and other Viper series scopes.

Honestly, I feel differently...I think the Arken is worth more than its price-point, based on how it compares to my scopes of a higher price.

My HS-T scopes' LIST price is just shy of $1000...But they sell for about $700. The Strike Eagle is $799 List and sells for around $700. The Arken is $450 all day, everyday.

And I feel the Strike Eagle and Arken are better than my HS-T scopes in pretty much every single way...Including glass, and definitely the turrets, and exponentially better when it comes to the Arken ZS and Vortex RevStop systems. WAY better than those stupid brass shims that feel spongy and inaccurate, and do not hit a solid wall on the dial-back on the HS-T scopes and other Viper series scopes.
A lot of people feel the way you do muddrunner, but I personally wouldn’t pay more than what they are asking for any of them. Non of them are punching above their price.

Last edited:
A lot of people feel the way you do muddrunner, but I wouldn’t pay more than what they are asking for any of them. Non of them are punching above their price.
I don't know who that guy is... 😂

I agree with what you're saying 100%. But, what I'm saying is, if the Arken compares in quality and features to the Strike Eagle, at $799 List price, then doesn't that mean that the $450 scope is hitting above it's price point? I'm asking from a logical standpoint, not a "whether it's worth it" standpoint.

Maybe I should word it this way... IF the Arken was also $799 List and $699 retail just like the Strike Eagle, and they are very similar in quality and features, would you say it was still worth it?

Reactions: Gohring65
I don't know who that guy is... 😂

I agree with what you're saying 100%. But, what I'm saying is, if the Arken compares in quality and features to the Strike Eagle, at $799 List price, then doesn't that mean that the $450 scope is hitting above it's price point? I'm asking from a logical standpoint, not a "whether it's worth it" standpoint.

Maybe I should word it this way... IF the Arken was also $799 List and $699 retail just like the Strike Eagle, and they are very similar in quality and features, would you say it was still worth it?
I don’t know, I do think the ep4 would be a better comparison to the strike eagle.
They both are very similar in quality but at 700$ I’d have to find a non illuminated DMR2. Lol
I do think the Arken is right at home with any optic in its class. The 8mil turrets was a compromise for price. And I’m choosing 10 mil turrets if I have a comparable scope in its price range.

I don’t know, I do think the ep4 would be a better comparison to the strike eagle.
They both are very similar in quality but at 700$ I’d have to find a non illuminated DMR2. Lol
I do think the Arken is right at home with any optic in its class. The 8mil turrets was a compromise for price. And I’m choosing 10 mil turrets if I have a comparable scope in its price range.
Agreed, I would like to see the SH4 have a 10 MIL turret, but... It is what it is. I would also agree the EP4 is probably a closer match, but I've never had my hands on one, so I can't say for certain. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: Gohring65
Since you doubted that I have owned all of those different tiers of glass…

And now I own Arkens. My dime, my choice.

DK
bro, you don't need to prove yourself to the folks...nobody on this forum needs to prove jack -shiet to anybody, you keep on doing you and your observations are just as valid as anyone else's. (y)

...in reality, peoples "opinions", good or bad, all contain valuable information in their reports of products....Joe Snuffy can report 15 zillion line items about a product, the trick is how to interpret that data for one's own usage (or non-usage).

bro, you don't need to prove yourself to the folks...nobody on this forum needs to prove jack -shiet to anybody, you keep on doing you and your observations are just as valid as anyone else's. (y)

...in reality, peoples "opinions", good or bad, all contain valuable information in their reports of products....Joe Snuffy can report 15 zillion line items about a product, the trick is how to interpret that data for one's own usage (or non-usage).
Get’n all proverbial & what not.. Novel idea my brother! I concur wholeheartedly.

Gleen what yee shall need.

Reactions: FuhQ