• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget adjustable inch/pound torque wrench

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
looking for a BUDGET inch/pound torque wrench

doesnt have to be super accurate

Wheeler FAT? Brownells Magna?

others?

I use the Wheeler FAT Wrench. It comes with a small selection of bits and a plastic storage case. Sure, I'd like to have a Snap On, but the FAT wrench works fine.

I use the Wheeler FAT Wrench. It comes with a small selection of bits and a plastic storage case. Sure, I'd like to have a Snap On, but the FAT wrench works fine.

Same here, no complaints with the FAT wrench. Just be sure to crank the adjustment down before storing it to maintain it's accuracy for the long run. It's far from the best tool around, but at or under $45 it's the best deal going, I think.

I keep a Wheeler FAT wrench on my bench and a Borka kit in my range bag

Harbor Freight has one that goes down to 16 in/lbs.

You don't have stick with firearm related torque wrenches. I picked up a Proto 0-150 inch pound for less than $50.

It was second hand. Either off here before the first move, or off Castboolits. Looked for about two weeks to find it.

If you only need it for things like rings, action screws etc save a little bit and buy a Borka.

The Borka tool can be a little quirky to use but with the bit selection and its "fit in the range bag size" its a great tool if you can only afford one tool.

If Im working at the bench I like other tools but the Borka is always in my rifle bag.

I also got one from Harbor Freight. Bought it in a pinch a few years ago and it's worked well enough I haven't felt the need to replace it.

You could take a look at fix-it sticks. They are a great in the range bag option and you can start with just a few of the common torque settings.

3/8" Blue Point, Fat Wrench, 1/4" Harbor Freight all click at the same inch/lbs. The Fat Wrench is handy. Can usually get the Harbor Freight for $10 with coupons.

Wheeler Fat. It comes with the case and bits, I added some bits more in to the case, I carry it everytime . Very handy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk