• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget chassis: KRG or another?

xRangerx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
I’ve wanted to try out a chassis for a while and I’ve got a rem 700 5R barreled action sitting here, so figured instead of buying a stock and bottom metal I would try a chassis. Is the KRG bravo the best bang for the buck out there? Won’t be a comp gun or a hunting rifle, just a range shooter so not trying to pump a ton of money into it at the moment.

thanks!

I was thinking along your same lines, but also added in the Cadex Strike Nuke SH edition. Something about this one really appeals to me, but it is about $300 more.

Reactions: xRangerx
Bravo imho is one of the best deals going. Starts out as a “budget” chassis as as you add accessories like the spigot, enclosed for end, Arca Swiss rail, or the new toolless adjustable buttstock it becomes a very nice setup that won’t leave you feeling like you just put lipstick on a pig. Highly recommended!

The base Bravo is probably the best bet at that price range... but if you are really planning to dress it up with all of the accessories you are basically going to be pushing into MPA/Whiskey3 or McMillan/Manners Adj. Stock territory.

The base Bravo is probably the best bet at that price range... but if you are really planning to dress it up with all of the accessories you are basically going to be pushing into MPA/Whiskey3 or McMillan/Manners Adj. Stock territory.

Depends on how much you dress it up.

It takes a lot of accessories to turn a $350 chassis into a $1200+ one.

Keep in mind, you'll be spending a lot of money on a McM or Manners if you want to add accessories such as RRS rails, NV bridges, etc., not to mention gunsmith time.

Whether you want to spend the $ on the Bravo and start up slowly or dive Right in and get a Whiskey or a MPA is up to the consumer.

Still doesn't make the Bravo any less of an awesome budget chassis.

The Bravo is hard to beat for the dollar. I a Rem SA and Tikka T3, they allow a lot of set up configurations and options.

I love mine for my do all rifle, ran it for a couple matches this year and it held its own. It’s light enough to predator hunt with every thing you’d need without being a burden to carry.