• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Budget Precision .308 Finally Complete!

NorthernBorn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Michigan
After hours upon hours of research using this site I finally have the "finished" product for my first long range precision .308 rifle to get me started in the sport.

It started as a pretty much bone stock Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 that I traded a used Sig P220R for. It came with a Harris bipod and a CounterSniper Crusader 3-9x40 scope (haha).

Here are the specs as it sits now:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical
Bell and Carlson Medalist M40 stock OD Green/Black Web
Harris Bi-Pod
Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD Scope
Badger Ordnance 30mm USMC Rings
Warne Tactical steel 20 MOA Base Professionally bedded by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweed Custom Rifles
Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger Professionally tuned to 2.5 pounds by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweed Custom Rifles
Surefire MB762SSAL/RE Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter installed by Mark Pharr of Tumbleweed Custom Rifles (Involved machining down the barrel to fit the sleeved design/threading the barrel to 5-8/24)

10501.jpg

Just have to get it to the range, get the scope sighted in/zero stop set and start practicing for the 1000m mark.

10503.jpg

Re: Budget Precision .308 Finally Complete!

Good looking rifle! Let us know how it shoots

Re: Budget Precision .308 Finally Complete!

Nice looking stick.... Lets us know how it shoots! Lots of luck with it