• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buds Gun Shop

TmisterE

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Washington
Has anyone purchased firearms from Buds Gun Shop, I'm thinking of ordering an Anschutz or a CZ rifle and don't know anything about them, seems like they review pretty well but?? thanks for any input.

It’s been some time ago. But I had a real good experience when I purchased from them.

I bought a vp9sk from them and it was not the greatest transaction. If your looking at Anschutz just call Anschutz North America in Trussville Alabama and talk to Matt Bryant or Brian Curry.

No direct experience but a good friend of mine has purchased several in the last few years and has nothing but good experiences

I ordered a couple rifles from them about a year ago and everything was great. Took them a little extra to get them shipped, but that's kind of expected these last few years.

I've bought a bunch of stuff. Good guys and good prices. Always try the "price match". They have an LEO and Mil discount for some items.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Like everybody else I bought something from them with no issues probably a few year ago and don't remember what it was.

Generally I find better prices at other places for the things I want to buy but I've never tried the price match.

I have gotten 3 guns so far from buds and while I don't think they are the cheapest place to pick something up I got my cz mtr a 38 and a 44 mag through them I was just tired of waiting and saw what I wanted in stock . if you know the name of the ffl you want to use they have or had a list you can choose from . my guns arrived in one piece and undamaged but you can't rule anything out with ups as things stand today best of luck hope you get what you wanted to get with zero problems .

I'm not far from them so my experiences are all in shop but I've bought several guns from them but don't have any complaints. I do shop around though as they don't always have the best price.

I've had no issues with the purchases that I've made.

Has anyone purchased firearms from Buds Gun Shop, I'm thinking of ordering an Anschutz or a CZ rifle and don't know anything about them, seems like they review pretty well but?? thanks for any input.
Please call your local home based FFL first and ask them if they can get you the gun you want for the same price or lower.

BGS usually drop ships from the same distributors all the gun shops buy from.

Have purchased a few handguns and rifles. No issues/headaches whatsoever.

I’ll echo what most others are saying when I purchased some police trade in pistols a few years back - it was a very normal and painless transaction.

Please call your local home based FFL first and ask them if they can get you the gun you want for the same price or lower.

BGS usually drop ships from the same distributors all the gun shops buy from.
Absolutely a believer in supporting the local economy, that said, there is lots of invoice dating for discounts and SHOT always has volume purchase discounts that shops with the buying power of Buds, Classic, etc... take advantage of. Few of the smaller local shops can do the same, resulting in sometimes significant price fluctuations.

I bought several over the years from them, all good and then had 3 bad experiences in a row and have not purchased since.

#1- They accepted a price match and then after I paid they canceled my order saying they could not sell it for the price. It also took them 3 weeks to refund me
#2- I purchased a "new" gun and when it arrived it was beat to hell. It had actual rust pitting on the frame. I had to refuse acceptance. They charged my a "restock" fee which I ended up disputing via my cc company.
#3- I worked a trade deal and sent my trade gun in. In the meantime they sold the gun I was dealing on AND it was a hassle to get my gun back which now had an idiot scratch because someone unfamiliar with 1911s disassembled/reassembled it

Have not used them since

Reactions: Baron23
I have bought a rifle from Bud's. It took a a while to arrive as it was definitely a drop ship.

The rifle did arrive in fine shape so all good in the end but bit worrisome there for a bit.

But my main objection to Bud's is that they do not publish a CS phone number. email via web form or chat only. I've never seen a phone number for them...and that is unsat to me.

I did buy some Win Match 6.5 CM ammo from them and wow....it looks like it had been sitting in a damp basement for a year or two. Shot ok, but def not properly stored nor in what I would expect to be "new" condition.

You can find a deal from them....but I'm not inclined to do a lot of business with them, personally.

Purchased a number of NEW firearms, ZERO problems.
Bud’s also does electronic price match, copy the URL, paste and BINGO.
Works great!!!
-Richard

I bought a benjiben bulldog airgun from them ,used the price match and they matched it , was about 40 $ below their listed price, I just made up the price and gun store , no problems , just don't get carried away with the price match , 10 -15 % max should work.

I've bought several guns through them, always go over the gun, in the gun store, before you sign for it.
If there are any issues, they will take care of it. If you sign for it and take it home, then find it, you have to deal with the manufacterer.
They are more or less my go to.
All the gun stores here charge MSRP or higher.

Reactions: lash
Yes, it's been awhile, but I got the firearm I ordered, at a good price, in a timely manner.

I've bought a few guns and different things in the past from them. Never had an issue.

Have been for a long time buying from them. No complaints and usually pretty good prices. Delivery have always been good.

Same good experiences as most above. A CZ457 MTR, a S&W M&P2 pro, and an old Mosin. The Mosin came in at a much lower grade than I purchased, so I refused to sign for it at the gun shop, contacted Bud’s and they resolved it quickly. I received one at least as good as the grade I paid for. The other two purchases went smoothly. Good deals all.