• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Buds Guns Beware

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
I ordered a gun for my next build from buds. It's was in stock and hasn't been shipped in two weeks. The other day I noticed a bunch of charges on my credit card that I didn't make. Today I get an email from buds saying somebody hacked their system and has been using their credit card info. I have to mess with the bank now to try and get my1400$ back. Kiss My Ass.

Re: Buds Guns Beware

Sorry to here that. I hope you get it all sorted out.

One phone call will straighten it all out. Wait a few days for a new card and then sign a declaration that you did not make the charges and you are done. Been through it several times.

I noticed a disclaimer on their site stating security problems. I wouldn't worry too much about the bank disputing the situation I'm sure you'll get every penny back.

We have had our credit card "compromised" about a dozen times in the last ten years. We shop on line a lot, buy gas with our cards and go out to eat too much--activities which put your cards at risk. Your bank/credit card issuer will make it right for you. But, it is a pain and it sucks.

I agree. I've had my account hacked on several occassions. Never a problem getting it straightened out.

I solved that problem by using a Visa Debit card from my bank to buy stuf off the internet, just put in enough money for what you buy. Also easy to fix problems..

I too have been a victim of credit card fraud and my credit card company has always made it right. Thanks for the heads up, I knw things like this can be a pain in the rear. Hope all works out for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jsthntn247</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a gun for my next build from buds. It's was in stock and hasn't been shipped in two weeks. The other day I noticed a bunch of charges on my credit card that I didn't make. Today I get an email from buds saying somebody hacked their system and has been using their credit card info. I have to mess with the bank now to try and get my1400$ back. Kiss My Ass. </div></div>
Buds is a great dealership to deal with. Bought a few weapons from them in their store and they have a great following and alot of respect in this area. They are very prompt with service.
I don't know how they are handling this and I would hate to be in their shoes. They sell like 200 plus weapons per day average (mostly online sales). If their data base was hacked then I can only imagine the pandimonium that a breach may cause.
I hope all goes well with your situation.
If it's in their power to make it right, I would say that it will be done.
I would recommend that you give them a little latitude due to their reputation even though this has got to suck.
Wish you well.
......SmokeRolls

Bud's have always done right by me. I have a couple purchses from them over 1K and had prompt service and delivery. If someone hacked their system.....that happens all the time. It's a pain in the arse but no system is secure totally just somewhat secure.

I purchased my 5R Milspec from Bud's, and shortly thereafter had my credit card shut down for fraud.

Someone tried to charge a ticket to Saudi Airlines, and made a couple of small purchases at the Cleveland Hard Rock Cafe.

The only item that card was used for was the rifle.

Sure hope Buds drops their credit card service for someone else. They obviously have a security problem.

The same crap happened to a co-worker when TAD gear was compromised. He ended up with a $1200 spork out of that deal. I hope it works out in your favor. My wife and I have 1 credit card we use for all risky purchases, gas, online shopping and the like. She reviews all charges every Sunday and we can really narrow down any questionable charges, Brownells, Midway and SKD Tactical don't count.

I've used them in the past. They aren't the best on immediate post sale customer service, but if there's an issue they take care of it or help you get it taken care of. And I can't argue with the prices.

I work for a major internet company and install high speed business lines, so I know a thing or two about securing them also. Its not their fault this happened, its part of technology, everything has a back door to be broken in to one way or another.

This must be your first experience with them because if so you would know it was not something to never do business with them over again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased my 5R Milspec from Bud's, and shortly thereafter had my credit card shut down for fraud.

Someone tried to charge a ticket to Saudi Airlines, and made a couple of small purchases at the Cleveland Hard Rock Cafe.

The only item that card was used for was the rifle.

Sure hope Buds drops their credit card service for someone else. They obviously have a security problem.

</div></div>

They was importing your product, had to pay for the airline shipping, and in the mean time ordered food...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jsthntn247</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a gun for my next build from buds. It's was in stock and hasn't been shipped in two weeks. The other day I noticed a bunch of charges on my credit card that I didn't make. Today I get an email from buds saying somebody hacked their system and has been using their credit card info. I have to mess with the bank now to try and get my1400$ back. Kiss My Ass. </div></div>

I should be able to straighten things out for you. I just need your PIN and mother's maiden name.

J/k, I have been through that before it is a bad feeling for sure. Good luck.

That sucks. This is why you should NEVER use a debit card for online pruchases. Always use a credit card so your funds aren't put on hold. (Not saying the OP used a debit card)

I had the same thing happen to me at SKD Tactical a few years ago. Unfortunately I used my debit card instead of my credit card and it tied my funds up for about 4 days.

They now have a warning posted on there web site. They will work out the issues with everyone involved from what I understood. I use money order and done deal. I just got my new Sendero SF II yesterday.

Hope for the best for the OP.

It sucks when that happens. It has happened to me a couple times. One time in perticular they just entered in their card number wrong. What stinks as a merchant it costs more to check address phone number and the like. One would think it would be cheaper because if I have your card I may not know your address.

Use a <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Credit</span></span> card for all transactions.

If you have a checking account, most banks will issue you one. These days I don't take my debit card out of my safe.

Leave the Debit card at home.

TC

The absolute BEST thing I have found for this is the Bank of America ShopSafe system.
It is linked to your credit or debit card, and when I buy something online from smaller online retailers, I use it.

Basically it is a small program on their website (BOA) that creates a NEW credit card number every time you use it, and you can input the maximum amount of charge to that number (I usually go about $10 over the total in case shipping changes) as well as how many months the number will be active.

It works so well that I also use it when I send something by mail. You can input the amount and active for a couple months and know that even if it is compromised they could only charge the max amount you listed, and don;t have access to your whole account.

Even if it is compromised, they will refund the charge amount if you notify them it was fraudulently charged.

Sorry to hear about your situation, the reason i started using shopsafe was when I got several unauthorized charges on a different credit card and spent about 6 weeks getting it cleaned up.

Hope this helps,
madd0c