• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bug-O-salt kill ratio

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
For all of you sick demented fuckers that want to kill flies, moths, or any other kind of insect, that shoot salt guns at them, how is your kill ratio going? and do you shoot them off of Your Squaws legs when they just happen to land there and you have a good shot? My Squaw is good with it but does like a heads up before the shot goes down. She doesn't always get what she wants, but a fly will be dead, never to bother you again.

My recommended load is Epsom salts and the best gun you can get. I think there are many out there.

I have the latest and the greatest I can buy and sure wish I could send one to Banrney, down under, but that Aussie shit doesn't let me do that. It would be a great Christmas present as I think they are in Fly Season now.

Mine does not have a Harris bipod either, I learned my lesson.

It has been so dry this year out here that there are not a lot of bugs, don't know if that is good or not. Shoot all targets you get is my motto.

So, how are you guys and gals doing on your fly shooting this year? if you participate in such activities.

I've had phenomenal success with mine this year. My biggest headache is with the crushing humidity down here the salt cakes up in the hopper.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 1J04 and Foul Mike
This is hilarious! Might have to get me one for these Louisiana insects. Didn't know there was a selection in guns. What is the latest and greatest?

This is hilarious! Might have to get me one for these Louisiana insects. Didn't know there was a selection in guns. What is the latest and greatest?

They take a BBQ or crawfish boil from a pain in the ass with all the damn flies to a separate party with people fighting over the salt guns shooting the pests. Mine have been worth every penny. As I mentioned above, our big problem down here is the humidity gumming up the salt in the hopper.

I have the old school Salt-O-Matic gun. I have been dusting bugs for some time now. Lol 😂

Reactions: Foul Mike
My biggest issue is how tough the fly's are to kill, my DRT ratio is about 1/10 with most requiring multiple follow-up stalk and kill runs. My wife is also not fond of the fact that I present each kill to her to admire, for some reason she finds this distasteful.

Last edited:
Ideas for the corpses

Attachments

• magnus-muhr-flies.jpg
    magnus-muhr-flies.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 156
I have a bit of practice and I am damned good with the salt shooter.

Get on board with Epsom salts. Grind as needed.

The only problem with mine is I don't have 2, so The Squaw and I fight about who gets to shoot.
What other gear are you using? Are you baiting or is it even legal to bait while hunting in CO?

We started with 2 of the V1's when they first came out, some years ago. Then we upgraded to a couple V2's a few years later, when they came out. Considerable difference, for sure.

We figured we'd wait until the V4 comes out, before advancing yet again. After shipping and duties and whatnot, these things worked out to ~ $50 bucks each. We're hoping that V4 is gonna be belt-fed and come with optics.

How well is that "laser designator" working out with the V3's?

I can walk into the office of the laying houses to check on things and kill probably 50 in 5 minutes

Flies don't stand much of a chance but with corn being shelled and the weather cooling off, we're in full swing stink bug invasion season. Those fuckers are like flies with plate carriers, or light armored infantry maybe. You better be getting after them CQB style or they take multiple hits.

The humidity gums mine up as well. Also the day after i got it i put a huge ceiling fan up on the back porch. If i turn it off and set a just emptied beer can down on the cooler for a bit i can get to killing pretty quick. Its not really built for long range stuff so most of the killing is fairly close range. Wife says i am fuckin stupid for sitting in the heat just to shoot some flies. Also have quite a few lizards around poaching them.. may have to start salt checkin the lizards

Use epsome salt. Not as corrosive and doesn't gum up so bad.
One of my dogs loves the laser. She will chase that little dot across the floor til she is exhausted. Works on cats too.
Shooting has been slow this year. Too dry, very few bugs.

Hell yes I shoot over bait but fear the Bug Warden may bust me at any moment.

Here ya go Miguelito, try a few of these . YOur salt will never gum up the hopper and if shes like most squaws you can tease the shit out of her.

If you get the African variety theyll even take care of your mouse problem.

If we could genetically modify them to eat antifa it would be a plus.

My biggest issue is how tough the fly's are to kill, my DRT ratio is about 1/10 with most requiring multiple follow-up stalk and kill runs. My wife is also not fond of the fact that I present each kill to her to admire, for some reason she finds this distasteful.
You must have the 9mm Beretta version.

My bug-o-salt broke :( I found the part inside that broke, but the company refuses to sell parts and said you can only buy an entire gun

I have not replaced it yet as that just pisses me off. I think I can 'rig' a fix on my own to the broken internal part

working on a dope card holder for mine. magneto speed struggles to get the MV though.

anyone have the BC handy for Kosher sea salt?

Reactions: barnjs
For all of you sick demented fuckers that want to kill flies, moths, or any other kind of insect, that shoot salt guns at them, how is your kill ratio going? and do you shoot them off of Your Squaws legs when they just happen to land there and you have a good shot? My Squaw is good with it but does like a heads up before the shot goes down. She doesn't always get what she wants, but a fly will be dead, never to bother you again.

My recommended load is Epsom salts and the best gun you can get. I think there are many out there.

I have the latest and the greatest I can buy and sure wish I could send one to Banrney, down under, but that Aussie shit doesn't let me do that. It would be a great Christmas present as I think they are in Fly Season now.

Mine does not have a Harris bipod either, I learned my lesson.

It has been so dry this year out here that there are not a lot of bugs, don't know if that is good or not. Shoot all targets you get is my motto.

So, how are you guys and gals doing on your fly shooting this year? if you participate in such activities.
Might be some good news!

Might be some good news!
I really dont think a bug a salt will work down in upsidedown barneyville. Everything down there will kill you in one way or the other. Fuckin sharks and stingrays in the salt water, crocs in the fresh water,
Drop bears fallin on your head, spiders that eat birds, frogs poisonous as fuck, every deadly snake in the world ..... i aint bringin salt to that shit for sure.
Sorry barney

• Haha
I really dont think a bug a salt will work down in upsidedown barneyville. Everything down there will kill you in one way or the other. Fuckin sharks and stingrays in the salt water, crocs in the fresh water,
Drop bears fallin on your head, spiders that eat birds, frogs poisonous as fuck, every deadly snake in the world ..... i aint bringin salt to that shit for sure.
Sorry barney
Like I said, V4 needs to be at least 'belt-fed'...

As soon as I hear from Barney that it is cool, a salt gun with laser will be on it's way down under. They are in fly season now and I know he would love it.
I can't afford 2 so he and his Shelia will get to fight over who's turn it is to shoot.

I will push again, use Epsom salt as your best load.

Epsom salt doesn't gum up and cake as bad and plants like it. It also seems to just be a lot easier to clean up and not so corrosive.

Get the best version you can buy, the latest and the greatest.

My old first and second versions are long gone now as they have developed these things to the point that I only want the best as I have so much fun with them and The Squaw has her own now too. No more fighting over who gets the shot.

If you want to get really down on the bugs, put on a Harris bipod with some duct tape or some such shit as that. It won't kill any more bugs but you will feel better about the shot.

These things are really a lot of fun and yes, I hunt over bait. FUKM. Foul Mike

My bug-o-salt broke :( I found the part inside that broke, but the company refuses to sell parts and said you can only buy an entire gun

I have not replaced it yet as that just pisses me off. I think I can 'rig' a fix on my own to the broken internal part
Is it something that can be 3d printed? What is the part?
Frank

Maybe, its the part that is really the main action inside the gun, this is why they tell you not to store it cocked as the plastic cannot hold the spring pressure back without breaking longer term (of course I put it down cocked and it stayed this way for a while)

I have not tried to fix it yet, I know this picture does not show the whole piece, but its all I have right now

1607048567860.png