• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bugatti Back on Top @ 268 MPH

G

http://www.execdigital.com/sectors/automotive/bugatti-s-28-million-sports-car-tops-land-speed

bugatti_veyron_super_sport.jpg

It isn’t just about speed, but it also isn’t just about show. The 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is one of those cars that is made for just a select few. Why? Well, to
start, the $2.8 million price tag eliminates only the truly wealthy; secondly, anyone willing to drive this European gem must live on the edge of their seat.

The new vehicle taps out at 268 miles per hour, and Wall Street Journal's Dan Neil was the first journalist to set foot in the car that is designed to perfection. According to Bugatti, the 2011 Super Sport tops all others with 1.200 bhp (882 kW), twin clutch gearbox with seven speeds and precision normally saved for the cockpit.

It’s not surprising then, that this new machine broke the Guinness land-speed record. Bugatti’s test driver Pierre-Henri Raphanel raced at top speed this July on Volkswagen’s Ehra-Lessien test track, catching everyone’s attention. The Super Sport replaces 2005’s Veyron, a classic version for Europe’s best.

The Volkswagen owned car company presented Bugatti’s 2011 pristine edition in August at The Quail Monterey Historic Races in Laguna Seca and Concept Lawn of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The new super star characteristics include four fuel pumps; 15000 Newton-meters of torque; lighter tires, links and half-shafts in comparison to the original Veyron; NACA ducts and weighs in at just over 4000 pounds. According to Neil, the Super Sport wasn’t built to flatten the land-speed record, but instead to offer customers a “sportier” version of the classic Veyron. The company plans to make anywhere from 30-40, and sell them for $2.5 million to $3.

Oddly enough, the Super Sport isn’t for the race track. It’s also not really a sports car either, with its all-wheel drive and hydraulic rear wing. Which means, essentially, it’s a car that’ll look great when handing over the keys to the valet, or speeding down the highway…just don’t expect any gold medals.

Re: Bugatti Back on Top @ 268 MPH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Car costs Volkswagen over $5,000,000 US to produce so the $2,800,000 is a bargain...that being said I am pretty sure that I can't afford a car payment of $54,000 per month.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Even if I could, I couldn't afford the speeding tickets.

If you're in top speed mode <span style="text-decoration: underline">at</span> top speed and slam on the brakes, it generates 6 Gs of braking force. That's more than an F1 car.

I how many VWs they have to sell to finance the loss from selling a single Veyron?

Very cool. I would find it hard to believe it produces enough downforce to keep the wheels planted for a 6G stop though. I would love to see that in a video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scatsob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool. I would find it hard to believe it produces enough downforce to keep the wheels planted for a 6G stop though. I would love to see that in a video. </div></div>
It's not the wheels, it's the rear wing. If you panic brake in hi-speed mode, the rear wing stands straight up.

I was going to buy one, but the sales guy would only give me $100 for trade-in on my 91 Cherokee.

Put into perspective, it's only worth 14,000 cases of 7.62x39

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put into perspective, it's only worth 14,000 cases of 7.62x39 </div></div>
Or about a half million rounds of 338 Lapua ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Car costs Volkswagen over $5,000,000 US to produce so the $2,800,000 is a bargain...that being said I am pretty sure that I can't afford a car payment of $54,000 per month.
smile.gif
</div></div>

If you're in top speed mode <span style="text-decoration: underline">at</span> top speed and slam on the brakes, it generates 6 Gs of braking force. That's more than an F1 car.

I how many VWs they have to sell to finance the loss from selling a single Veyron? </div></div>

If you run it at top speed you will empty the fuel tanks in 12 minutes at 2.3 mpg. 0-255 takes less than a minute and then another 9.8 seconds to make the trip back down to 0.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Car costs Volkswagen over $5,000,000 US to produce so the $2,800,000 is a bargain...that being said I am pretty sure that I can't afford a car payment of $54,000 per month.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I how many VWs they have to sell to finance the loss from selling a single Veyron? </div></div>

If you run it at top speed you will empty the fuel tanks in 12 minutes at 2.3 mpg. 0-255 takes less than a minute and then another 9.8 seconds to make the trip back down to 0. </div></div>
800pxfa18drefuelinginmi.jpg

We have the technology ...

You would not want to refuel during a top speed run.

Running out of fuel before the tires come apart is an important safety feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would not want to refuel during a top speed run.

Running out of fuel before the tires come apart is an important safety feature. </div></div>

Could you imagine the tanker that could haul enough ass to not get seriously in the way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would not want to refuel during a top speed run.

Running out of fuel before the tires come apart is an important safety feature. </div></div>

Could you imagine the tanker that could haul enough ass to not get seriously in the way? </div></div>
I'm betting that a KC135 could keep up...but would need a SERIOUSLY long boom.

I would not be supprised to see SSC's Ultimate Aero out do it again some time next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can afford to buy this car, things like maintenance cost, fuel, speeding tickets etc. are irrelevant. </div></div>

What speeding tickets? You have to be stopped to get a fast driving award.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcflury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think ill wait for the hybird to come out i hear its going to get 5 mpg </div></div>

Classic, maybe when that comes out I will trade in my wifes Honda Civic for one, the Civic and $2,990,000

nice way to get to the range real fast but if I can't put a few rifle cases and some ammo cans in it, it is not worth all that much money to me but my wife, maybe??

If you run it at top speed you will empty the fuel tanks in 12 minutes at 2.3 mpg. 0-255 takes less than a minute and then another 9.8 seconds to make the trip back down to 0. [/quote]

I heard a F1 car can go 0-200 back to 0 in under 7 seconds.