• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

BugNut

Fourth ^^^^^^^

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just rebarrreled my match rifle with a BugNut barrel, results are on par with a shouldered barrel. 3 shots 1000Y 2.95"

2dam2x1.png

Bump to see if this system would work with a GAP Tempest action. The necessity to snug up the barrel to the breech ring may be the hurdle here.

If you can do a GAP Tempest, Is it safe to assume you can do it for Badger M2008/2013 also?

Thanks

I don't have a large enough sample size of the Badger action to do this yet. The ones Ive worked with I was told "make it to the print" and I was unable to do so because of the dimensions collected off the action and breeching ring. The BugNut eliminates at least one of the dimensional variables (shoulder) but Id need to see several actions to understand the bolt nose/headpsace geometry in relation the breeching ring to do a 100% correct job

I don't have a large enough sample size of the Badger action to do this yet. The ones Ive worked with I was told "make it to the print" and I was unable to do so because of the dimensions collected off the action and breeching ring. The BugNut eliminates at least one of the dimensional variables (shoulder) but Id need to see several actions to understand the bolt nose/headpsace geometry in relation the breeching ring to do a 100% correct job

Thank you. You'll get it down. Either way, I will be giving you a call for a Bugnut system for my next few builds.
Thanks again and thanks for the awesome option you've given us.

with the GAP Tempest or Badger M2008/2013, is it safe to assume that chambering depth is pretty much fixed in order to pinch the breach ring? My only other reference would be a savage action, where you thread down the barrel until it contacts the GO gauge. I would think that chambering would be less-exact.

with the GAP Tempest or Badger M2008/2013, is it safe to assume that chambering depth is prettye much fixed in order to pinch the breach ring? My only other reference would be a savage action, where you thread down the barrel until it contacts the GO gauge. I would think that chambering would be less-exact.
Yes, it's more complicated than a savage for sure. Much smaller spec

Just got my Bugnut and barrel in, and damn they look good on my Bighorn action. Assembly and chambering could have been done in well under 15 minutes using only a light-duty barrel vise, a torque wrench with the Bugnut wrench, go/no go gauges and a little anti-seize if I had known what I was doing. And Greg got it all to me 2-3 weeks under lead time despite my changing the specs a couple times. Couldn't be happier.

Now to wait for my MPA chassis.... Still 4-6 weeks lead time left. My trigger finger is getting itchy.

Guns&WhiteWater;n6566061 said:
Tag. This is the route I will be going now. Just waiting for my Bighorn to arrive.

Im waiting for mine also. Maybe I should order my Bugnut system now so when I get my action, I can barrel it and throw it in the chassis I have for the build.

Guys-
Since we started carrying the Atlas Tactical a month or so ago, Ive had a few guys asking about a BugNut for this
I started making the first run of 18TPI nuts this weekend, and should have stuff ready in a couple weeks

Intersted in the 18tpi bugnuts for a Gunwerks GRB action I have on the way. Please keep us posted.

Guys-
Since we started carrying the Atlas Tactical a month or so ago, Ive had a few guys asking about a BugNut for this
I started making the first run of 18TPI nuts this weekend, and should have stuff ready in a couple weeks

Have you by chance completed the 18TPI Bugnuts for the Atlas Tactical action and prefits?

Any idea when you will be getting more Atlas Tacticals in stock?

Thanks!

the 18TPI BugNuts are available, I am making pre-fits for the Atlas tactical now
I have looked into the Howa thing briefly, and will probably start doing this as well. I need to find out from anybody in the know if these threads are 55 degree or 60 degree

the 18TPI BugNuts are available, I am making pre-fits for the Atlas tactical now
I have looked into the Howa thing briefly, and will probably start doing this as well. I need to find out from anybody in the know if these threads are 55 degree or 60 degree

I recall reading it was 55 degree a while back.