• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Build?

dhom

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2020
If you were to build a benchrest 22 lr how would you go about it? If I end up doing this project I will use either a T1X or Bergara b14 for the base rifle. OR, would you just buy a Anschutz or Cooper?

If you are serious about benchrest, I would look at the vudoo V22s or another benchrest action. I have a T1x and like it, but youll want a heavier barrel. I would recommend also using a more generic action footprint so that more accessories will fit.

After putting the money into it, youll be close to Vudoo money with either. Which is why I would probably save a few extra months and get the right rifle for the job rather than take a regular rifle and make it work.

Fantasizing...that I can do...real easy. :D

Turbo bolt/receiver

Button cut 4 groove 1" diameter heavy 26" barrel, indexed with an EPS chamber from Shilen or Krieger or Lilja or Benchmark or...

Harrel tuner and bloop tube

March scope

I'd probably fabricate my own barrel block stock, heavy, flat bottom

Sigh...never happen...:(

If you want to be competitive in 22 benchrest you will need to spend the money needed to build a dedicated rifle. If you check out the equipment used by top competitors this will give you an idea as to what they use to win. This is not a matter of what someone thinks will work best, but it is simply what people who win choose. If they could get by a little cheaper or choose another set up that would help them win....they would. Here is an equipment list from the Pro Shooting League. I would talk to Killough Shooting Sports to further this discussion. Single shot is better suited for benchrest than magazine fed actions. Hope this helps.

1607348735543.png

Reactions: DeafGryphon
Well, judging from what we see here..........2500 action and Shilen barrels seem to be a good pick.

Buy one from a dedicated BR site.

you can shoot immediately

You know it will shoot and the seller can tell you what Ammo it likes

if you don’t like it you can sell it for what you paid .