• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB Building a 280AI, looking for a long action, barrel, trigger, stock/chassis

Wanting To Buy

LJT88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 16, 2019
    My old man is looking to build a 280AI or a 7 Rem Mag. He really wants to build a 280AI so we are looking for a long action standard bolt face but for the right price we could go mag. bolt face.

This has to be fairly budget minded so we are looking for...

Rem 700 / Bergara long action. Ideally stainless. Open to others but know that we cant spend a ton on a custom action.

Remage barrel. 22-24in ideally. Looking for a good crossover contour, not a pencil barrel but no larger than sendero.

Magpul hunter or KRG Bravo or something else fairly budget friendly.

Let me know what you guys have out there!

Thank you

still looking.....

any long action 700's out there collecting dust?

Still looking for an action and barrel

Found everything else.

What’s out there?

Why not just get a Tikka T3 long action rifle and build off of that ?
    All you would need is new shouldered or barrel nut prefit and your up and running.
    I am thinking of doing one myself but am undecided between 6.5x55 swede, 6.5-06AI or 280AI.
    I have until my 270win barrel is toast to research and decide.

Because tikka long action chassis are few and far between and expensive. Im not trying to spend $700-1000 when I can get a Bravo for $300. I do like tikkas thought!

Because tikka long action chassis are few and far between and expensive. Im not trying to spend $700-1000 when I can get a Bravo for $300. I do like tikkas thought!
    Not sure when was the last time you looked but the are several if not more for the Tikka long action now that are not a $1000.
    Anyway good luck and hope you find what you want.
    The Bravo is a nice option for a budget chassis.

What is your budget and desired contour for barrel and action. Give us a criteria so we can keep our eyes peeled.
    I need a Rem 700 LA, and looking for a 22-24in with something around a heavy sporter contour. .7 - .78 in muzzle diameter. Ideally a remage design.

Again, not trying to pry. But what is your budget. I doubt there are that many "factory" options in what you are wanting. So theoretically you'll have to go at least mild custom.