• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building a Removable Stock for a 460 S&W

werthless_one

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2012
Hays, KS
To start off, yes, I know it will make the pistol a SBR. I don't need 200 people telling me that fact. This stock would be for my 65yo fathers .460 S&W with an 11" barrel. The damn thing is so heavy that you can't hold it steady enough to be accurate with it. I can build the stock but don't know how to attach it to the pistol grip securely. If anyone has any ideas on how to attach it throw up a post. If I can't figure out a way to attach it securely there is no need to build the stock. Then there is no need to SBR it.

Last edited:
Building a Removable Stock for a 460 S&W

Search for the Knight's Armament silent revolver rifle. May give you some idea as to where to start.

If the pistol has removable grips with grip screws you could make the stock slide over the pistol and use the grip screws to affix it like making a set of grips with a stock on them

If the pistol has removable grips with grip screws you could make the stock slide over the pistol and use the grip screws to affix it like making a set of grips with a stock on them

That's a pretty damn good idea. Now I have to convince my dad that it won't harm the grips.

Actually what I was saying was make a new set of grips with the stock so the grips and stock were one peace you can put the old grips up and when u won't it back to a pistol you take the stock/grips combo off and put the factory grips back on that way you will not damage the old grips

The idea with the grip integrated into the stock should work nicely. The S&W revolver comes with a one-piece rubber grip that attaches at the bottom with one screw. Once removed, the frame is wide open, except for the main spring. Does that one have a scope installed, or iron sights? Mine is a 8" with scope and, yes they are heavy. If you build it, please post pictures so we can see it. Sounds interesting.

The idea with the grip integrated into the stock should work nicely. The S&W revolver comes with a one-piece rubber grip that attaches at the bottom with one screw. Once removed, the frame is wide open, except for the main spring. Does that one have a scope installed, or iron sights? Mine is a 8" with scope and, yes they are heavy. If you build it, please post pictures so we can see it. Sounds interesting.

It has iron sights and it is scoped.

If I can convince my dad that this would be the only way to build it safely then he might actually let me. If I can get this done I will post pics and a video if possible for the test run.