• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Building Savage 10 FP-SR. Have two scopes on hand. What would you choose for time being?

SeattleDude

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hi guys. I am new here.

I am doing a small build. Savage 10 FP-SR in .308

Stock came in today and Weaver base is in the mail. I have a set of burris extreme rings.

I cant afford a new optic at the moment (I am eying Viper PST FFP in the future)

I have two scopes on hand that I am using for precision long distance airgun shooting. Wonder what one I should try on it and if it will hold up.

One is BSA Tactical FFP Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 44mm (wich is same as Falcon essentially)
BSA Tactical Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 44mm Side Focus 1/10

And the other is Hawke 6.5-20x42 Sidewinder Tactical 30mm
Hawke 6.5-20x42 Sidewinder Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Thank you for your help.

Here is a picture of the rifle progress today. Old stock and new B&C A2 Medalist.

DSC_0206_1154.jpg~original

DSC_0207_1155.jpg~original

DSC_0208_1156.jpg~original

I have never used BSA, but actually helped a local shop do some testing on the sidewinders. They gave me two. One 6.5-20x42, and an 8-32x56. I was actually quite impressed. I did not especially like the 8-32 because one, I don't order that high power, and two, it isn't quite high enough quality glass into opinion, and showed the imperfections in the glass.
That aside, the scopes actually tracked remarkably well in my experience, and have been selling like hot cakes in the area, even to some guys with some really nice scopes on other rifles, Swarovski, ziess, and viper razors, to name a few.
None have claimed they are on par with the above mentioned, and I would agree they are not. That being said, I have seen them do their best to wear out the turrets and find a problem, but they always go back where they are supposed to. Even know a lights out shooter that has one on a 338 lapua, who I have seen on more than one occasion shoot some fantastic groups at 1500 yds. I personally shot quite a few coyotes and bobcats in the red light through the ones I tested.

Have a friend who has dealt with their customer service, and he says they are awsome,
Hope this helps

Both of those scopes are Chinese made tactical types, maybe the Hawke would be a bit tougher? What is your budget? If you can scrape together about 500$ there are a few things which will work better on the used market from time to time.