• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building SPR, parts advice needed.

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
I am looking to build an SPR rifle, however I'm relatively new to ARs and completely new to building them. I don't know much about the brands or specific parts, however would like to keep all the parts in the build of relatively the same quality tier. IE, I don't want to pair a top level barrel with a crap quality rail or BCG.

So far I have on the way or plan to get:

SI defense billet matched upper/lower
BCM 18" SPR SS410 barrel
Wilson adjustable gas block
Diamondhead VRS T 13.5" tube
Magpul UBR
PSA lower parts kit with Geissele SSA-E trigger
WMD NiB-X BCG
BCM charging handle large latch
SWFA SS 1-6X24

Anything look like it doesn't belong?
I have not purchased the buffer spring or buffer yet. I'm a bit confused on which one I should get, specifically which weight buffer. I'm also looking for a muzzle device. I prefer a flash suppressor over a brake, but more important to me is the ability to attach a suppressor directly to the muzzle device. Any advice here?

Some of this will be dependent on what percentage of your shooting will be suppressed. I would start with a mil spec action spring with an h buffer. One benefit to a brake over a flash hider is that it will prolong the life of your suppressor.

I would say minimal amount will be suppressed. Right now it's just an "idea", but I prefer not to make major changes to the rifle if I decide to do it, which is why I chose the adjustable gas block. A buffer should be a lot easier to replace. (I think).

I loved the look of the UBR and ordered one. I ended up hating it.. It was too heavy and while the stock does collapse, the cheek piece is stationary. So no matter how far you adjust the stock, your head has to be in the same place.

Last edited:
The UBR comes with a spring and buffer, at least mine did. I built a mod 0 SPR and had the UBR on it at first and ended up not liking it much on that particular rifle. I eventually traded it out for a MOE fixed stock and like it much better. The UBR is a heavy stock.