• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Built one for the wife

cast1

Polyhobbyism sufferer
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Deviant tactical, nitrided. 4 groove kreiger 1/7.5 Heavy Palma. Trigger tech primary @ 2lbs. PMII H2CMR. Balance is pretty good. Might go medium Palma next time. Very happy with the looks of this one. First time trying some color fill. I’m getting about a half minute out of it with boxed ELD match but I think it will tighten up a bit with break in.

10gzhow.jpg

awozt5.jpg

vncmww.jpg

Thanks! It’s called electrolytic etching. You use an adhesive vinyl stencil with saltwater solution in a cotton pad. I use an old crusty 30amp battery charger and some carbon gouging rods I got from McMaster. The trick is knowing when you’ve got it deep enough.

Not sure which I am more envious of......the rifle or the fact that your wife shoots?

Shooting is even more fun when you get the family involved! Wife/kids make going out to shoot that much more enjoyable

Updated with range report.

Hornady 108 ELD match. Atlas bipod and rear bag. ES was right at 40 FPS which I thought wasn’t pretty good for canned ammo.

1zvrf9c.jpg

Yeah that’s one of those Mike High closeouts. Too good to resist.