• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet Flight or PBTC?

Noxspector

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2006
Oregon
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">ETC: PBTC is Ballistics:Field Tactical Edition</span></span>

I am just getting back into some long distance shooting and am going to be heading out for a shooting clinic in a few months. While I am going to restart from the basics I'm also a gadget guy. I am looking to pick up an iTouch to play with the ballistics software. I am wondering which software the shooters here prefer? I am also looking to build a date log book of which I see a few venders /forum members here have some. For a beginner that will be mainly be doing load development and shooting steel at various distances what pages will I most likely be needing/using?

I'll most likely be swapping out the optics before the class. I have a Konus M30 4.5-16-40mm I'll try first. I need to try shooting the box with it first to see if it's repeatable as it's my understanding that if it isn't I'll have some longs days at the class.

Thanks ahead of time for any helpful input.

8fa8a936.jpg

Re: Bullet Flight or PBTC?

Isnipe does movers, Bulletflight is the easiest to use, but FTE is my favorite.

It's interesting that most people that have posted say they prefer Ballistic FTE, but the poll is showing Bullet Flight being preferred.I'll probably get both to try out, but wanted to see what people prefer.

Any recommendations on sniper logs?

bullet flight is the best espaecially the $30 dollar where you can get the weather,altitude etc from your position

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiredassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bullet flight is the best espaecially the $30 dollar where you can get the weather,altitude etc from your position </div></div>

But that's assuming that you have cell service where you are shooting. Since I will be using an iTouch I'd need Wifi for that feature. I prefer my Palm Pre to the iPhone so that's why it's not an iPhone I'm going with. I wish they would port the app to the Pre. I've thought about writing one myself, but they past few years I've hardly had time to even head out and shoot.

i got the FTE just to play around with ballistics for hand loads. i took it to the range just for fun and it worked awesome. i use it now for just about all my shooting.

Can someone tell me wth PBTC is? Also, the reason your poll is giving Bullet Flight the nod, is because Ballistic FTE isn't an option.

I have both Bullet Flight and Ballistics FTE. I NEVER use the Bullet Flight. FTE is accurate as stated and also very user friendly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: er1c274</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JBM PBTC is what you are referring to. It means Pro Ballistic Trajectory Calculator by JBM Ballistics. </div></div>

Sorry about the miss labeling of that for you guys.