• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet puller?

Personally, I find the various kinetic pullers to be wanting. If you ever find yourself actually pulling more than a couple bullets, the collet style pullers are much easier to use. Also, if you are pulling large magnum calibers like .338 LM, the kinetics suck.

I use the Forster collet style, which I personally prefer to the kinetic style. It’s fast, and I’ve found that some collets work for two calibers.

Reactions: TEDean
After trying a couple of the traditional collet pullers, I bought a Hornady collet puller that has the lever on top. So much easier to use than the others.

Reactions: MarinePMI
If you are pulling something YOU loaded without a crimp or sealant either the impact or the collet type will work.
I use the Hornady and have a couple collets but usually just leave the .224 collet in. I have a plate for my 4 hole that has my .224 seater die and the puller. Handy Dandy.

I prefer the RCBS collet pullers. much easier and you don't dump the powder. if you do it right it doesn't ruin the bullet heads.

Reactions: lash
Bookmarked, thanks for the advice. Have used the kinetic ones and found them lacking sometimes. Will look into these as well.