• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bulletflight or JBM

Re: Bulletflight or JBM

IMHO BulletFlight is easier to use and Ballistic FTE is more complex but a better program, I have both, and a App called Isnipe, its only claim to fame is it does movers, but I have'nt used that function in real life yet. BF is 30 bucks, Ballistic FTE is 20 bucks, Isnipe is a waste other than movers.

I use the Ballistic FTE that I got for my eye phone a couple of weeks ago. I find it pretty easy to use. Like normal I just poke buttons until I see what it does and then figure out how to utilize it to my advantage. It works for me.

Both work very well and I'll give the edge overall to Ballistic FTE, however BulletFlight wins in the ease of use category.

I have Ballistic FTE and use it at work for my duty weapon all the time. Once you get used to it, it is UNBELIEVEABLY accurate. Dead nuts everytime. Last time I went to the range with my duty 700BDL I did a test between my dope in my data book and my Ballistic FTE in my iPhone. My dope was on no doubt but the Ballistic FTE was actually MORE ON. Not a big difference but since the FTE accounts for every important atmospheric condition for EVERY round and my data book was only as good as the atmosphere was comparable to when I recorded it....FTE wins all day long

I have bulletflight and my Dad has Ballistic FTE. Ease of use IMO goes to bulletflight, accuracy is the same, but one feature I like about FTE over BF is that you are able to email then print out ballistic tables. But i guess its not a big deal if you always have your phone with you as you shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Ausmus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have bulletflight and my Dad has Ballistic FTE. Ease of use IMO goes to bulletflight, accuracy is the same, but one feature I like about FTE over BF is that you are able to email then print out ballistic tables. But i guess its not a big deal if you always have your phone with you as you shoot. </div></div>

Mmmmm thats a decent feature... I have printed out tables for the rifle just in case the phone aint around... I wish Bulletflight had that feature

In saying that, I do enjoy using bulletflight and find it is simple to use and has helped me tremendously

Actually you can do this in bulletflight! I have. Just click on the "range card" button, then when it loads up tap and hold your finger on the table portion of the card this will allow you the copy option and just select what part, or all of, the table you want to copy.

Granted this doesn't get you all the fancy heading information at the top as you can't copy/past that. BUT it's real easy to set that up as a template in excel. Then all you have to do is email it to yourself, copy/paste that into your excell template, add your cartridge, atmosphere & wind info and print! It sounds alot worse of a process then it really is!

Sure that might not be as simple as possible, and I would much rather have a simple email option to have it drop out into a printable format in my inbox, but it's not that bad.

OK troops, I have Ballistic FTE and ISnipe.I'm shooting 2 pretty simple loads both factory, .223 Federal 69gr Sierra BTHP and some Winchester 168gr BTHP.

That said I'm not able to figure out the programs?
I'd like to be able to have the "dope" on both rifles out to say 600yrs with a 100yrd zero.

Printing the range cards would be a big bonus!!
I'm sure I can figure this out, but this is still very new to me,
so any kind of simple "tutorial" would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

I've been using Bulletflight for a few months and it works great. I especially like that it now has Brian Litz's G7 database on it. I use my chronograph to work up some loads and it is usually spot on as long as you have the temperature/pressure correct.

Ive been using bullet flight for quite awhile now. Never used FTE so i cant speak for it. I took a 1k class and Bullet flight had the correct dope all the way to 1k. Very simple to use also, it would be nice to be able to email dope to other people though.

Kc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually you can do this in bulletflight! I have. Just click on the "range card" button, then when it loads up tap and hold your finger on the table portion of the card this will allow you the copy option and just select what part, or all of, the table you want to copy.

Granted this doesn't get you all the fancy heading information at the top as you can't copy/past that. BUT it's real easy to set that up as a template in excel. Then all you have to do is email it to yourself, copy/paste that into your excell template, add your cartridge, atmosphere & wind info and print! It sounds alot worse of a process then it really is!

Sure that might not be as simple as possible, and I would much rather have a simple email option to have it drop out into a printable format in my inbox, but it's not that bad.

</div></div>

Confirmed!!! Just tried this out and it works!
smile.gif

Thanks BigDKC, your a bloody legend !

1) Hold down on screen when in charted range card
2) Highlight appropriate area
3) copy
4) exit program
5) goto email
6) paste chart into email body and send to yourself

Sweeeeeeeet !

I will be printing/laminating a couple of these with different wind speeds/temperatures for my next shoot. I can't believe I didn't think to do this earlier. I usually have my phone with me when I'm shooting, but its a pain to mess with during a match when its pouring rain.

The knights armorment programe is the most accurate

Does anyone know if either of these programs are available for Windows Mobile? I checked in Windows Marketplace on my phone for "ballistic" and for "bulletflight" and got zero matches for each.