• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullets unseating in AR10 when chambering

Mine is 6 Creedmoor running reloads. I have 2 thou neck tension. Do not see the issue with the same loads in my JP. That rifle is still all standard as shipped with lightweight carrier and silent capture spring for that weight bolt.

The Seekins has the latest barrel with the extended gas length which should be better on pressure.

As an aside, love both rifles and not able to pick a favorite.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I was running into this issue at the recent Reveille Peak 2 Day match shooting my Seekins SP10. Had to clear the gun and the bullet was still in the chamber. The bullet would fall out using only gravity. I only got the rifle in the days before the match so this is on me for changing the system when not having time to properly test.

2 Major changes to my SP10 are a JP LMOS carrier and Thunderbeast Dominus Suppressor. My suspicion is with the light weight carrier and all else being the same the closing velocity is much higher making the force of the action closing act as a kinetic puller unseating the bullet from the sudden stop from the increase closing velocity. The gas system was tuned to just barely lock on a loaded mag so bounce from the carrier impacting the end of rearward travel and gaining velocity from a bounce "should" not be at issue.

My option to correct will be to either go back with the original Seekins bolt or get a JP Silent capture spring.

So with this thread being dormant for a while I'm curious if others have also had to work through this issue and how the original poster resolved the issue?

Thanks,
Chris
That JP Silent capture spring help?