• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullistic calculators what is the best?

Welcome to the hide. Sorry you cannot spell. Nice of you to contribute first before making your first post a question that was already answered about a 1,000 times. Try using the search function and you will find the answers you need. Sorry to be harsh but it is frustrating for us to get a very first poster posing a question when this is a forum for the "exchange" of ideas. Good luck.

Sorry I'm just a hands on person I don't whear glasses and inch thick and stair at a computer all the time!!!

Last edited:
Sorry I'm just a hands on person I don't whear glasses and inch thick and stair at a computer all the time!!!

So what you are saying I think is: you don't have time to search for the answer yourself, and want us geeky little minions to do it for you?
That is absolutely the best way to introduce yourself and make friends. Welcome, I wish you well in your future endeavors.

After you decide which calculator you want did you want one of us to teach you how to use it or would you prefer that we do it for you?

Last edited:
In the future, just search for your question before posting a new thread. There are a TON of old threads here that might have what you are looking for. Also, spell check and proofread your post before posting will save you heckling. With that said, I like the Kestrel 4500 with Applied Ballistics. It is pricy, but it is a weather meter and ballistic computer all in one.

Just download Strelok for free. Shoot to max range, and everything in between, and make a chart. If you know your MV, BC, Brrl tw. etc go to JBM and input your data, and print you a dope chart, and tape it on your stick. But seriously it's "Ballistic", "stare" and "wear" glasses. Or just order a BT Kestrel, get Shooter, and read Applied Ballistics, and anything from Brian Litz you can. You could write your own books, just by reading through the sticky's on here. Search, search, search. That's like what's the best stock, or optic question. We all use what works for each of us, and you'll find one that works for you. I don't own a rifle without a dope chart, for each pill it shoots, and the wind.... Well shoot shoot, and then shoot some more. After a cpl barrels burned up, you'll have a real good idea.