• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullseye Target Camera

majohnson2

Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Front Range, CO
Anyone using the Bullseye Target camera system? How well do they work? I only shoot out to a 1000, that is all that is available at the range I shoot at.

I got one a month or so ago. I like it . I tried it with my ipad mini and iphone using the app, but the antenna in those devices wouldn't pick up the signal consistently. It works fine with my cheapo HP laptop. I bought the 1000 yd model with the standard antenna. I've used it out at Ben Lomond by Kiowa (elevation 6000 if that matters) out to 600. It's truly line of sight. They have a little dip out at 300 yds. which stopped it from working while sitting on the ground. I bought a Stanley sawhorse and built a little 2x4 frame to set it in which gets the antenna up. I worried about shooting it,but that's not really a consideration. If you can see the target, you can see the camera. I put it on the upwind side anyway. My only threat is someone else on the range shooting across the range, so I try and get on one end of the line. I did buy the insurance. I bought an extra battery on Amazon, but don't really need it. The battery that came with it only uses about 2 bars out of 4 for a 2 hr or so session. Customer service is outstanding. I called about the ipad issue, someone immediately answered the phone. They are very interested in feedback. I shot a ladder test with it yesterday with other people on the line. It would have been impossible without the camera. With lots of mirage and wind made it impossible to see with my spotting scope (ymmv as they say). So I would have had to drive down there for every shot. It sees 223 holes just fine. At first I tried it with a couple shoot and see targets. That didn't work so well because the sun reflects off the green parts , so shots around the edge of the target, or hopefully near each other, are harder to see. That part is hard to explain. It's not the cameras fault, just the range runs north - south and the sun is always right on the target. Now I use white butcher or craft paper and the smallest black center I can see. I haven't tried the brown painters paper from the hardware store , but it would work. Hope that helps.

Devert,

Thanks. I hadn't consider the sun problem, I shoot out at CRC which runs N to S also. It should be here tomorrow and I plan on shooting Thursday. I shoot 6mm which isn't a much bigger then what you are shooting. I spend half my shooting time going back and forth to the target.

I got one a month or so ago. I like it . I tried it with my ipad mini and iphone using the app, but the antenna in those devices wouldn't pick up the signal consistently. It works fine with my cheapo HP laptop. I bought the 1000 yd model with the standard antenna. I've used it out at Ben Lomond by Kiowa (elevation 6000 if that matters) out to 600. It's truly line of sight. They have a little dip out at 300 yds. which stopped it from working while sitting on the ground. I bought a Stanley sawhorse and built a little 2x4 frame to set it in which gets the antenna up. I worried about shooting it,but that's not really a consideration. If you can see the target, you can see the camera. I put it on the upwind side anyway. My only threat is someone else on the range shooting across the range, so I try and get on one end of the line. I did buy the insurance. I bought an extra battery on Amazon, but don't really need it. The battery that came with it only uses about 2 bars out of 4 for a 2 hr or so session. Customer service is outstanding. I called about the ipad issue, someone immediately answered the phone. They are very interested in feedback. I shot a ladder test with it yesterday with other people on the line. It would have been impossible without the camera. With lots of mirage and wind made it impossible to see with my spotting scope (ymmv as they say). So I would have had to drive down there for every shot. It sees 223 holes just fine. At first I tried it with a couple shoot and see targets. That didn't work so well because the sun reflects off the green parts , so shots around the edge of the target, or hopefully near each other, are harder to see. That part is hard to explain. It's not the cameras fault, just the range runs north - south and the sun is always right on the target. Now I use white butcher or craft paper and the smallest black center I can see. I haven't tried the brown painters paper from the hardware store , but it would work. Hope that helps.

We are also releasing our base-station later this month so that the devices with the smaller antennas can reach out to and past 1000 yards. We will announce it on Facebook and our website. It's a small receiving unit that sits in the proximity of the shooter and relays the signal and rebroadcasts it so that you can extend the range and also use it in adverse signal conditions or with devices with smaller antennas.

Since I would prefer to use an iPad, what is the charge for the base unit. My unit should be delivered within the hour via the guys in brown.

tag

majohnson, I also shoot out at CRC and was doing a ladder test the other day and would have loved this. Driving after each shot gets tiring.
Let me know how it works for ya.

Also let me know how the ipad work. I have an ipad mini I would like to use.

Since I would prefer to use an iPad, what is the charge for the base unit. My unit should be delivered within the hour via the guys in brown.

The cost will be under $149. It comes with case, battery, charger, router and antenna. We used them at the Huskemaw challenge over the weekend and had it running from 7am to 5pm each day viewing the targets on iPads and iPhones without issue.

Very nice, I am interested in buying one of these as well. Can you connect 2 devices on it at once, like a laptop and an iphone at the same time?

Last edited:
I'll wait for Bullseye to chime in for sure, but I'm 99% sure 2 devices can access the camera image at the same time.

I'll chime in here. Yes you can connect a laptop and a smartphone or tablet to the camera system at the same time

My shooting club bought two bullseye camera system for test. The idea is to have about 10 cameras for F-Class matches.

We did tested one camera and it works very nice. But we think that two or more cameras systems at the same time may have an issue of interference on wi fi... we will find out the answer in a couple of weeks.

LRCampos.

I'll have to try to call their tech support as I've tried writing them on here and email and have not gotten a response at all. I got one in March (the 1k version) and it kept a good signal to 300 yds. After that, forget it. It would occasionally connect at 350-400, but never long enough to make it worth while. We spent more time trying to get it to connect on any of the devices we had available (3 iPads and 2 iPhones) than we did shooting. I tried raising the base unit higher as I considered the line of sight, but we are shooting on level ground, so that didn't help. I'm hoping someone there has some kind of solution because I really only got it for long range stuff out to 1000 and so far I'm pretty disappointed.

I have one and am very pleased with it. I shoot out to 500 yds. at my own range and have had only infrequent disconnect problems (I have the 1,000 yd. unit). I bought a cheap laptop (for the larger screen) and it works fine (once I turned off all the Windows update crap). My only issue/comment is also about the sun. Not so much on the camera end as on the receiving end. I had to make a box to place the laptop in to cut the glare so I could see the screen. That's not the camera systems fault. I also had a connection issue when I first got the unit and one phone call got me a new cable right away! Great customer service! I had also tried to build a camera system prior to finding Bullseye at the St. Louis NRA convention. Mine didn't work well, theirs does and the price is very reasonable.

Interesting product. The 2yr. warranty looks worthwhile but after that what? How far laterally can the camera be set from the target? With the optional antenna, a mile looks doable but only if the hardware can be a reasonable distance from the target. Does the software allow you to store a target?

My shooting club bought two bullseye camera system for test. The idea is to have about 10 cameras for F-Class matches.

We did tested one camera and it works very nice. But we think that two or more cameras systems at the same time may have an issue of interference on wi fi... we will find out the answer in a couple of weeks.

LRCampos.

There's no issue with running multiple units, they each have their own "ID" so there is no interference!

Interesting product. The 2yr. warranty looks worthwhile but after that what? How far laterally can the camera be set from the target? With the optional antenna, a mile looks doable but only if the hardware can be a reasonable distance from the target. Does the software allow you to store a target?

You can extend the warranty no problem :) You can set the camera back 6-8 feet. We have thousands of units out worldwide and we have only had one "hit" in a crossfire situation - so the reality is that the 6-8 foot distance works. With the the optional antenna we have customers using these out over 2500 yards. Once customer with the antenna and Base Station Receiver uses theirs at over 3400 yards.

LRCampos.

The systems all have unique ID's - we have run over 10 of them right next to each other without issue!

I'll have to try to call their tech support as I've tried writing them on here and email and have not gotten a response at all. I got one in March (the 1k version) and it kept a good signal to 300 yds. After that, forget it. It would occasionally connect at 350-400, but never long enough to make it worth while. We spent more time trying to get it to connect on any of the devices we had available (3 iPads and 2 iPhones) than we did shooting. I tried raising the base unit higher as I considered the line of sight, but we are shooting on level ground, so that didn't help. I'm hoping someone there has some kind of solution because I really only got it for long range stuff out to 1000 and so far I'm pretty disappointed.

Somehow I missed this post - please call us and we can get you ironed out! 541-357-7035