• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullying.

My concern about the pepper spray is it being taken away from her and used against her. We are checking out the jujitsu. Going to keep annoying the cops and principal. And no to a different school. That is running away.

send my wife up there. She's a fucking bulldog over this shit. seriously, my youngest was bullied in jr high. thought i was gonna have to bail her out of jail one day when a kid stole his book and wanted 20 bucks for it. i'm talking parked the car sideways holding up the pickup line in the middle of the road. had every teacher in the school that afternoon stepping and fetching. wish i could've got it on video. Mt daughter is the same way. you pick on someone, especially with special needs or hurt a animal, those two are ready to slit throats in a millisecond.

That's good news for you. They already know he's a problem. Start turning that screw..

It think that @MtnCreek is spot on with the recommendation. Turning the screw or escalating the situation is key should it continue. Although I find lawyers to be mostly pond scum, they are useful in these instances. By keeping careful documented records, an attorney showing up with you at the school will do wonders to convince them that you are serious. You can also bring your case to the school board. The more you do to document, the more heat is on them. Being that they are generally lazy individuals, they will do whatever is necessary to remove the problem.

Unfortunately, the downside is increased public exposure to your individual problem. If that does not bother you, there are also other ways to leverage your case and force the school to take action.

I would keep a watchful eye. Don't do anything you will regret.

My concern about the pepper spray is it being taken away from her and used against her. We are checking out the jujitsu. Going to keep annoying the cops and principal. And no to a different school. That is running away.

dont want to start whos got better kung fu lol, but for female self defense the most effective training is krav maga.

its a blend of other disciplines as they all are but what i like about it especially for girls, is there is no emphasis on grappling.
i never want to get on the ground and roll around, there is always a friend to help the other guy and with a female they are always weaker...to me no win.

in Krav its basically 5-8 seconds of all out attack and then remove yourself from the situation.
its self defense not a mma match, slow the other guy down and move away to get help.
we would wear goggles (this in year 1, not 5 years down the road) because we would have people practice eye strikes, and throat strikes.

like most training its a hour class, 20 min of warm up/ break your ass and then punch, kick, someone pushing you from behind how to spin out etc

kids and grown ups in the same class, some kids are a little spooked because they are punching a 30 years old man who hits the gym but you are not always going to defend against a person of equal size.

if im trained to roll over and lock my legs for a arm bar and im a 75 pound 12 year old...not happening im 5' 11' and can one arm curl 80's.

but if i teach you to stick your finger in his or her eye 5 times as hard as you can you might have a fighting change to escape

just a opinion, but its very hard to teach kids to go all out. you can do that at home just by having her push you hard, swipe your hands off her shoulders/chest and step to the side. simple stuff so she not a deer in headlights...ahhhhh children

Hi,

Ok I am having a hard time following this situation either because LOTS of information has been left out or there is just no other information which would change entire thread title.

Can anyone point out to me exactly where and what the "Bullying" was/is?

Her backpack was taken but he didn't know it was hers. (So no bullying there as the kid did not even know it was her backpack he was taking)
He then called her a snitch. (Ok so he called her a name....and?)
He then went to library at same time as her. (It is a school, classes and library are a schedule thing. It is not uncommon for kids to be entering library at same time is it?)

What is missing from this scenario that would lead to it being considered bullying?
Has school really changed that much in 25 years as to calling someone a name is considered bullying?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Ok I am having a hard time following this situation either because LOTS of information has been left out or there is just no other information which would change entire thread title.

Can anyone point out to me exactly where and what the "Bullying" was/is?

Her backpack was taken but he didn't know it was hers. (So no bullying there as the kid did not even know it was her backpack he was taking)
He then called her a snitch. (Ok so he called her a name....and?)
He then went to library at same time as her. (It is a school, classes and library are a schedule thing. It is not uncommon for kids to be entering library at same time is it?)

What is missing from this scenario that would lead to it being considered bullying?
Has school really changed that much in 25 years as to calling someone a name is considered bullying?

Sincerely,
Theis

Yes school has changed that much, plus helicopter parents.

Kids have to work shit out. It’s part of growing up.

Definitely not wanting to start the “which martial art is king” fight on a shooting forum. But no matter what you can curl. If I get an S mount on you, I own your arm. If I get a triangle lock on your neck. Your going to sleep or getting a broke elbow or both.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Definitely not wanting to start the “which martial art is king” fight on a shooting forum. But no matter what you can curl. If I get an S mount on you, I own your arm. If I get a triangle lock on your neck. Your going to sleep or getting a broke elbow or both.

exactly...my kung fu is better...lol

grown men without a doubt my arm is busted like a twig but low skill level coupled with low situational awareness, id go the defend and escape if at all possible.

i swear i wont write about who's kung fu is better again on this thread, not about that one bit.

little kids got very uncomfortable stressful situation on her hands that is stressing out dad as well

Reactions: Derek200
This thread is going into eleventy different directions. But I will state for the record, specifically, that you should NOT be sending your daughter (11?, I forget now) to school with Pepper Spray.

That just is NOT a good idea at all, and I hope you were joking about that.

I think the situation is being blown way out of proportion.

And a little Charles Bronson justice can get their attention!

Martial arts are a long term solution. You need a right now solution. Stay on top of the admins- like a wet wool blanket.

Then, find a good martial arts school she will enjoy. Most are "sport oriented" and teach shit that doesn't work in the real world- point sparring, jumping guard, aikido, etc. Avoid magic solutions and charlatans. There are techniques that have worked for 100s of years.

While we're all super testosterone driven in here, we're talking about a girl. The best self defense strategy is always avoidance/de-escalation, followed up by disengagement and escape. Putting hands on someone is a last resort, but if it comes to that you better be good at it.

Tae kwon do and judo are so far down the sport path I'm not sure they are viable for self defense. And aikido, well... I postulate that there is a great incubator for what does and does not work in a fight. It starts with U and ends with FC. Solid foundations in striking (muay tai), takedown/defense (BJJ/Judo), and grappling (BJJ) make for a very competent fighter. As they say "all fights eventually end on the ground." I would, however add that they always start standing up. Learn to fight on your feet.

The best part about martial arts (well beyond learning some self defense) is that they build self discipline, self esteem, and self confidence. Bullies pick the weak out of the herd. The shy, the introverted, the bookish, the "new kids," these are their stock in trade. Bullies don't pick on leaders.

My older son is small for his age and isn't part of the "in crowd," but he's never been bullied. I have every confidence that would be a very unwise move for a bully. He knows he may get in trouble at school, but will never catch heat at home for ending a fight. Starting one is a different story...

I’d want someone talking to he backpack thief and trying to ascertain his actual agenda or thought process. That should give you a direction and let you know if it’s serious or not.
Martial arts done correctly isn’t a bad idea long term anyhow.
Make sure she knows S.I.N.G. Just in case.

You need to.let her watch all the Billy jack movies to start!

ANY martial arts training against someone who knows nothing is a HUGE advantage. Primarily because the person with training has confidence. Confidence in the person being picked on has a way of taking away the steam of the bully...who 9/10 times is just going to posture until they get their way and will cave if their punk card is pulled.

And if you get the 1/10 bullies that wants a tussle...then having a level of comfort with going hands on is a HUGE advantage.

In regards to which is better... just don't go to a school that focuses more on kata's, breaking pine boards and fancy moves. Strip mall karate schools are sorta famous for this. Practical and useful and realistic. Ideally a combo of striking and grappling. Krav is great. So is BJJ. So is Sambo (the Russian martial art...not the racial epithet). If you go to a BJJ school, I'd augment with some sort of striking. Most BJJ schools also have some boxing or kick boxing.

And you're already doing the best thing for her...letting her know you have her back.

Just wanted to add that we are in an era where kids with social issues who steal others back packs and stalk them have walked into school and started shooting - not saying this kid will do that but it's in the back of our minds.

Schools now have a zero tolerance for any type of bullying....even calling someone a snitch is now, unfortunately, a warning sign of the times our kids live in at school.

I feel for all you parents. I myself cannot tolerate bullies but then again I have always been 6'3" and fit and proficient (as in teaching) several Martial Arts so I always had the advantage of calling bullies out and terrifying them. Little 12 year old girls don't have that advantage. Plus now days people get sued shitless for the stuff we used to do after school or in gym class.

It's not like it was years ago. I don't know how I'd advise or protect/teach my kids in this Century.

VooDoo

Get a note book . Document time and date and substance of phone calls and emails . Document any statements from daughter the same . Document everything . If this kid sneezes and you're concerned a letter from a lawyer on your behalf is like Meth to a school admin . It's like effin magic .

I am a student of both 1911-do and Glock-jutsu but I usually choose to master in the former. :)

But back to all seriousness, martial arts are a valuable asset to the firearms community, not just an unarmed combat advantage but because martial arts instill discipline, order, sense of responsibility and self esteem to children. Especially children who will be going on to learn the shooting sports. A child who is already proficient in an unarmed school of fighting will grasp the principles of gun safety and responsible use far more easily. And not to mention they are already familiar with the reality that they live in a world where some people commit evil deeds and you have to protect yourself.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I have the funkiest bully story ever!

White kid, I'm 13 years old, moved to new city, first thing in the morning at new school in the beginning of the school season.

FYI, I'm not prejudice against blacks, I'm just telling what happened and I hope anyone of any race or gender can appreciate the humor in my story!

I make it to the class, the tables and chairs are all over the place, kids everywhere talking, etc. The teacher walks in and tells us to pick a seat then leaves the room, I walk to the back of the class, grab a set of, and sit down. Up walks to me a huge black girl and tells me to get out of her chair, with that, don't mess with me look. All the rest of the kids in the class take immediate notice, seems they know something I don't.

I'm on the spot now, almost not believing what's happening!!! Me - uh I'm sitting right here, how could this be your seat??? She yells at me demanding me to get out again and slaps me hard!!! I try to shrug it off the best I could but must save face, so telling her as she walks away, oooh, big tuff women you are, it's all I could think to say at the moment, lol

She does an about face and literally comes at me full guns- well full fists, to do inflict maximum damage, she didn't stop hitting me. Well, I'd never been in a fight before, but I totally lost it, I got up and beat the absolute crap out of her, lol!!! Somebody came in and pulled me off.

I'm down at the principals office, he's a black man, she's there too. I'm thinking to myself, how did I get into this, my goose is cooked, it's not going to go well!

Turns out the principle was aware of the girls past bullying, plus there were plenty of witnesses to corroborate my side of the story. Ha, she was the one that got in trouble although I was told how I should have done things a little different.

The bad thing was that she had two older "BIG" brothers, huge brothers, football stars. I ran home from school for months because others told me I better. They got me back by hitting me in the head with a ruler in a assembly later on. I thought that was fair enough - I suppose anyway.

Life went on, like 20 years worth. I went to the DMV for something one day. I looked up about the time she looked down. As we gazed, trying to figure out how we knew each other, "IT" hit us at the same time, it's her - it's him, well we each gave a smirk and minded our own business, she sat on the other side of the room, which I was fine with, lol. Good thing too, I'm like 5'6"/165lb, she's like 6ft' 220lb. I don't know if I could a took her this time around, LOL????!!!!!

Anyway, OP, I hope for a resolution to come quickly, and sorry to hear about your trouble.

A guy I served with in VN, posted this to his FB account:

"I am so proud of my 9 year old granddaughter, Lexi. She is in the third grade. Today she got suspended for a day. A boy got mad at her and hit her in the stomach. As she was leaving the classroom he followed her toward the bathroom. He pushed her. She proceeded to kick his butt with punches to the body and face. Teacher had to pull Lexi off! Yes, I told her to go to the teacher first, but it didn't go that way. One boy down! So proud of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My buddy served with me in Tiger Force, then went to LRRPS. He is featured in the third book of the 6 Silent Men series.

She empties that can of pepper spray in a school, she will be charged with several felonies. Every kid that is affected, she will be charged with assault on a minor with a weapon on school premise. My daughter was taught the eye poke, rear naked choke, and A triangle. All three when done with the intention to truly end a fight will pretty quick. Send her to school with a tacticool pen. It will work way better than mace.

In high school, a boy in my class "Kingsley" was always picking on me, tapping my ears while i was walking home from school. stole my books and tear them up, Broke my chair, the list goes on and on. he was so strong that he could beat his elder brother. i was petrified and tired of his BS. i woke up most day thinking of how to handle him, it got to a point i accepted that i would take a beat down from him, we fought most days. it went on and on until he grew tired of me. i learned to be brave and getting a few bruises. No one bullied me ever again, YOU F WITH ME AND I F WITH YOU TOO.

Holy spambot, 4-year-old thread necro batman!

Reads like an AI post too… WTFO

2g18n9.jpg

Hey, that's a tough situation for your stepdaughter. I'm really sorry she's going through this. As a young adult, I feel that sometimes it's best to talk to the kid's parents and try to resolve things peacefully. School can be a tough place, and kids might not know what the consequences of their actions are. Self-defense is important, but if possible, it's better if she can avoid escalating the situation. Keep communicating with the school and documenting the bullying incidents. Encourage her to have friends around who are supportive, since having a group can help deter bullies. Having a trusty teacher or school counselor in the loop can make a difference too. Also, if she ever gets suspicious messages or threats from the bully, remind her to be cautious about sharing sensitive information online. She can also report it and seek help at https://www.digitalforensics.com/blackmail. Stay strong and support each other!

Eat a bag of dicks bot.

I still pine deeply for Cheyenne Bodie. What a fucking legend.

Instead we have GringoJuan and his Mother’s Malevolent Minge.

*Sigh*