• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burners wont stay lit on annealing machine

Columboforshort

Father of two husband of one
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2022
Alabama
Hey guys, I recently got a bench source annealing machine (2nd hand) I have new propane tanks when I turn on the gas at the tank and burner on the machine it wont stay lit, I also tried the small propane tanks is it a pressure thing? Thanks

Attachments

• 2108172E-E81A-488C-A884-4BCC35FCD19A.jpeg
    2108172E-E81A-488C-A884-4BCC35FCD19A.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 26
  • A8C81E6B-B8C3-4F24-8F53-F50DE0A00978.jpeg
    A8C81E6B-B8C3-4F24-8F53-F50DE0A00978.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 26
  • D65251A8-1784-4787-9167-74E45F0F4667.jpeg
    D65251A8-1784-4787-9167-74E45F0F4667.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 23
Something I noticed when I set up my Mike’s annealer was I had to have the nozzle upside down. Not sure what type of oil is in propane but if I didn’t have it where the oil would run down into the tip it would drip and ultimately saturate the hole in the torch head and not relight till I clean the torch head.

How long does your torch run before it goes out?

Oh it doesn’t even ignite, I’ve tried half throttle full throttle quarter throttle I can hear smell and feel the gas coming out of the torch but it just blows out the lighter.

You need to cut the gas back then on the torch. It’s not a annealer problem but rather a torch problem.

I have the same setup and barely open the valve when I light the torches. Can turn up when lit but blows out otherwise because your lighting so close to the torch head

Leave the one you light very low or you’ll have the same effect as the one across from it when trying to light that

Tank completely open
Black valve on torch barely open

Some of the little torch heads are finicky about lighting. Barely barely cracked open to get started then turn up

You need to cut the gas back then on the torch. It’s not a annealer problem but rather a torch problem.

I have the same setup and barely open the valve when I light the torches. Can turn up when lit but blows out otherwise because your lighting so close to the torch head

Leave the one you light very low or you’ll have the same effect as the one across from it when trying to light that

Tank completely open
Black valve on torch barely open
That worked! Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: hafejd30
Hey guys, I recently got a bench source annealing machine (2nd hand) I have new propane tanks when I turn on the gas at the tank and burner on the machine it wont stay lit, I also tried the small propane tanks is it a pressure thing? Thanks
Get a pressure regulator to keep the pressure where you want it and you can set it to where it should work just fine.