• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris C4 series

paxamus

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
Alabama
Hey guys,
Looking into the C4 series from Burris and was looking for some feedback. I know one guy who has it and loves it. This is going to be on a .308 that will spend time in the woods alittle and on the range a fair amount- longest shots will be 500. Any input appreciated

I looked at one in a store but do not own one. When first advertised, I was very excited about the C4, as it has a very good feature set for a hunter. The two things that kept me from buying were:

No zero stop
Click adjustments were pretty darn soft compared to others I have used.

Love the reticle…

John

I just reviewed one and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it as far as price and features go in a hunting scope. The one I had was only 13" long and just over a pound, the 3-9's are even lighter, the adjustments tracked true, the reticle was really nice for dealing with the wind, I about maxed it out using Mk 262 at 600 yards but I was getting pretty consistent hits, and the image quality was really good. The free BDC is nice too and Burris will custom engrave one for your rifle and load, there really aren't any generic options so it should be pretty accurate. I was using the 1/4 MOA knob that comes with it and at first I thought the knobs were mushy but I repositioned the elevation knob and retightened the set screws and it wasn't all that bad, I could feel them with gloves on and they were audible. If I did have any gripes it was that the engraving on the magnification ring and AO were pretty dark but I remedied that with a white paint pen. It would've been nice to have a revolution indicator of some sort but I don't believe that Burris intended for the user to go much beyond a revolution with this scope, you can if you want but be cognizant of your revs. I loved it on my AR-15 and I can imagine it'd be pretty fun on a rifle set up for hunting but that can double down for some mid-range target shooting too, especially the 4.5-14. I'm hanging on to this one for a while to pass around rifles.

I bought a 30mm 3-9x for an spr build, but have yet to shoot it. I ordered the turret to my specs, and the first one had the wrong info. I sent them an email and explained what was not right with it but did not get a response. Then a couple of weeks later, two turrets show up in separate packages. One was wrong again, but one was right. So I guess everything will be good, although I will probably use the standard turret more.

Clicks aren't terrible. For reference, they are better than the super snipers I have owned (10x, 16x, and 20x). Like said of them above, you can feel them and they are audible. They are just not as positive as my sightron siii scopes on my other rifles. Cant comment on repeatability yet, hoping to get it out before the end of the month. the mag adjustment ring on mine is pretty stiff, but I am sure it will loosen up a bit after some use, but I plan to grab a switchview lever for it because I think it will make a huge difference. Reticle is not bad, wish it had a couple of more hash marks top and bottom vertically. Glass is really good for this price range. color and contrast is nice, and clarity is really good. I think mine is just over 12", front bell is a little shallow so pick up some butler creeks if you are hunting with it. the 30mm 3-9x has the most elevation adjustment of the c4 series, 82moa listed. I picked my 30mm 3-9x up on sale for $265, so I think it is well worth it in that price range.

I wanted a decent low mag scope for an ar that wasn't overly long or heavy. I had planned on buying the ss 3-9x (and still may if I end up not liking the c4 once I get it out a few times), but I wished it was a little shorter and lighter. I don't think the ffp of the ss is a big draw in this mag range for my uses, and at the sale price I thought I would take a chance on the c4. it fits a niche, but I think it would be even better with a mil reticle and mrad adjustments instead of moa.

I cant decide which to get the 30mm or 1 inch, I will only be taking it out to 500 at the most so I'm not sure if the 30mm is worth the extra 100. Like I said this will be riding on a 308 so not horrible recoil. Any input?

I just reviewed one and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it as far as price and features go in a hunting scope. The one I had was only 13" long and just over a pound, the 3-9's are even lighter, the adjustments tracked true, the reticle was really nice for dealing with the wind, I about maxed it out using Mk 262 at 600 yards but I was getting pretty consistent hits, and the image quality was really good. The free BDC is nice too and Burris will custom engrave one for your rifle and load, there really aren't any generic options so it should be pretty accurate. I was using the 1/4 MOA knob that comes with it and at first I thought the knobs were mushy but I repositioned the elevation knob and retightened the set screws and it wasn't all that bad, I could feel them with gloves on and they were audible. If I did have any gripes it was that the engraving on the magnification ring and AO were pretty dark but I remedied that with a white paint pen. It would've been nice to have a revolution indicator of some sort but I don't believe that Burris intended for the user to go much beyond a revolution with this scope, you can if you want but be cognizant of your revs. I loved it on my AR-15 and I can imagine it'd be pretty fun on a rifle set up for hunting but that can double down for some mid-range target shooting too, especially the 4.5-14. I'm hanging on to this one for a while to pass around rifles.

I have one (4-14, 30mm tube) and will agree with everything here. Clicks on the mushy side (I don't see why this is a problem for any scope as long as repeatable and this one is)

Have it on my 338LM hunting rifle. So far no problem with the larger bore rifle. Glass is good for the value. Not as good as my steiner predator 2-10, but I have yet to look through a hunting scope that is (swaro is close). Of course this scope is 1/4 the price. I would def recommend it. Night and day better than my Luppy 3-9 varix2 I just ordered one for my Dads hunting rifle. Should be in next week. The FREE BDC knob is cool and you can order extras for different loads/rifles.

As to the 1" or 30mm, I would always go for the 30mm if you can. It not only adds elevation travel, it makes it a substantially tougher scope. I know, I know, you don't drop/slip/fall/trip/etc/etc while hunting like me, but if you do, its nice to have that extra tube thickness. I also hunt with horses, so the scope in the scabbard gets hit on trees/other horses enough to make it count (who doesn't like a good rodeo at 4am in the dark on the side of a cliff??)

Good luck,
DT

Thanks now I need to decide on rings. It will be on a Rem 700 XCR comp in 308. Any suggestions?