• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Eliminator Lasre Scope. Any experience?

C Gamboa

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
Mérida Yuc Mexico
I´m new to rifles and scopes,I have being reading about scopes,ballistics,etc. I found some information about this scope wit a range finder included.
Will this eliminate all the math? Or is it anoher useless gadget?
If it works , how far? Any experince with it?
Any input will be apreciated.

Re: Burris Eliminator Lasre Scope. Any experience?

I think your money will be better spent on a tactical turret scope, wind meter, palm pilot and rangefinder, as the ballistic information changes so much that a palm pilot program or range sheet is just as good.

IMHO the scope does everything it promises. It is a very good setup for a hunting rig.
Just installed one on my father's 06, had to adjust the ballistic curve to fit my handloads but otherwise it was an easy deal and the range finder works incredibly well.

I think for a precision rifle set up it won't be what you want but out to 500 -600 yards on a hunting rifle it is great and the added bonus of a really good range finder that can be used off hand.

mclevela,Thank you.
I forgot to mention I want it for hunting at 200 meters up to 300.(deer)
I also have not decided the caliber .308 Win. Vs 270 Win.
Any advice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Candelario</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mclevela,Thank you.
I forgot to mention I want it for hunting at 200 meters up to 300.(deer)
I also have not decided the caliber .308 Win. Vs 270 Win.
Any advice? </div></div>

In my opinion, you don't need this kind of technology to hunt medium to large game within 300 yards. With a 270, you can push maximum point blank range out not too far from 300 yards -- meaning you really only need one sighting reference. Where this scope really shines is from 300 to 500 yards. That said, you better be shooting from a really solid rest if you are hunting at that range.

I have to say i've not been able to play with one, but i have a number of guns and also bow hunt so a hand held range finder works better for me. And never liked the mounts on most night vision and other top heavy units - figure they should be better constructed. It might be very fun for varmint shooting & MLR reticle

the set up i have is what pat said, i crank turrets and use a rangefinder, sometimes i'll manually range with my reticle but what can i say, i'm lazy.

I'll say this, the Burris eliminator works as advertised, i've shot it and chris took one on a hunt. with works with factory ammo or handloads and if really accurate to 400 yards, so i'm guessing it will do 550 advertised without an issue. it's nice and works on a weaver or picatinny rail with the mounts provided with it. i havn't had one come back and the guys who are hunting with these scopes seem to really like them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These types of scopes are the future. If you like the Burris, check this one out: http://www.elcansportingoptics.com/Features/index.php

Now, I think these two scopes are ugly and bulky. But, give it five years or so, and you're gonna see a lot of these in use. </div></div>

It looks like, on that Elcan rig, you have to manually input the range using a keypad. Worse, it's optical magnification is on 2.5. It makes use of digital zoom to go beyond that. No thanks. It will have crappy resolution at higher powers.

I just bought one for my hunting rifle. I took it out this year for 2nd season elk here in Colorado. I ranged a bull with the built in rangefinder, that came out to 363 yards. I put the red dot behind his shoulder, and the bullet hit him dead center behind the shoulder. Awesome product if you ask me.

I do think that it is a genius product that will work awesome for hunting purposes inside 400 yards where wind is not a major issue. The only down fall is that you cant hold over or dial in windage easily but i think for hunting purpose it is pretty awesome.

Better be careful with that scope in colorado, last I checked any electronic scope in colorado is ILLEGAL, with that being said they can even push the issue of lighted reticles but I havent been asked about them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better be careful with that scope in colorado, last I checked any electronic scope in colorado is ILLEGAL, with that being said they can even push the issue of lighted reticles but I havent been asked about them </div></div>

Not true.. I read the whole 2010 colorado divsion of wildlife big game brochure, and I did not find any restrictions on optics. They do list restrictions for scopes for muzzleloaders.

You may be right, thats why I saaid last time i checked, if they changed it great, wish they would now allow muzzleloader scopes like everyone else does LOL