• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes burris extreme 30mm rings????

jimbob_walker

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
Conneaut lake pa
how well do they hold up? im going to be mounting my first high dallor scope and was woundering if i should spend the extra cash for something else. the gun probably isnt going to get beat around and its only a 308.

Re: burris extreme 30mm rings????

There are higher quality rings out there but I run them on my 308, no problem. I had a scope go down from an impact and the rings held find. Placed new scope back in them with all confidence.

No problem, we've sold lots of these to customers who didn't want to go overboard on cost, and no complaints. I have a custom gun builder friend and these rings are just about all he ever uses on his guns.

I personally heard their lapping wasn't great and caused marks on the scopes...but that may have been a defective unit..

I have used several sets now with no problems. They seem plenty solid. If I competed, or depended on my rifle for work, I would definitely spring for some higher end rings just for the extra peace of mind. In reality, they would probably be just fine.

I had some and never had a problem. No marks on either scope I had in them. I did put Seekins on my last rifle and like them much better. I think the extra money for "premium" rings would be well spent for the peace of mind with your new scope.

the only crapper is that no one carries anything but burris around here. i guess i might order some GG&G sniper grade rings.

I agree with the majority here. We sell tons of them and they are a great "bang-for-the-buck" choice of rings, but they are only mid-grade rings. If you are building a high dollar rifle with big bucks scope, don't skimp on the two little items that keep the expensive stuff together!

George P.

I have used the 1" on my 308 with no problems, I also used the 30mm on my 338 with a nightforce and the scope slid forward in the rings. I think you will be ok on the 308. also noted were the cheap screws, get it set up tightened and leave it alone.

I've fun them on a 300 WM and a 7STW with no problems. I've pulled scopes and mounted others with no rings marks too. Never have lapped a set either.

I just purchased a pair to sit on top of a EGW 20 moa base for a new scope
smile.gif

Cant wait for my PST to come in!!

i picked up a set. ill see if i like em. if not, they are inexspensive and easy to get. my scope will be here tomorrow and i wanted some rings to mount it.

Just b/c they aren't. $200 doesn't mean they suck. Mounting surface is smooth " no tooling marks". I challenge anyone to snug tight just two opposite screws on each ring and try to twist optic by hand. "Here's a hint......IT WONT HAPPEN"
now tighten all six to spec, your glass ain't goin ANYWERE! I think for $40somthin you would be hard pressed to find anything better. And as far as the not low enough, I put a fixed 10 bushnell mil/mil/ on my barrett 99 and the small front obj. Was so close the cover wouldn't go on the front rail. It was almost perfect,so low infact,that I could not get low enough on cheek weld to get sight picture to clear up. Bottom line ...they work.I think if they will hold concussion/recoil of. 50,you'll be ok.

I have three sets mounted on a 223, 308 and 300wm. I have never had a single problem. I imagine customones slid on is 338 b/c it wasn't torqued to the correct specs. High dollar rings are way over rated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matt_3479</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just purchased a pair to sit on top of a EGW 20 moa base for a new scope
smile.gif

Cant wait for my PST to come in!! </div></div>

+1 I know, the wait is the worst!