• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris LRF 2000 vs Vortex Diamondback HD 2000 Range finder?

cuz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2017
Looking for a starter range finder (hopefully) in the $300 price range. The Burris and Vortex Diamondback keep coming up. Only really need to go out up to 500 yards, but some targets will be on the smaller side. Mostly just for playing around on the range, not hunting.

Can anyone provide any input? It's mostly a toy for me this time around, so I'd like to keep the cost down. Is it worth upgrading to the Vortex Viper HD 3000?

All input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Check out the Athlon Midas 1 Mile Rangefinder which is on sale for only $179.99

Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

Waterproof to protect the product in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Diopter adjustment Adjusts for precise focus on display

Angle Compensation Mode Provides true horizontal distance to target

Line of Sight Mode Provides actual line of sight range

Scan Mode Allows you to get quick readings on different objects or tracking a moving target

Dual Units of Measurement of Distance (Y/M) Ranges in yards or meters

Effective Ranging Distance 5-1700 yards

Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

Waterproof to protect the product in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Scan Mode Allows you to get quick readings on different objects or tracking a moving target

Thanks Doug,
I’ll add that one to my list.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug

Lifetime warranty on Athlon rangefinders including their electronics too right?

was just about to type in the same question- need an inexpensive range finder for 22lr (distances are a bit more crucial if you have that much drop!). Looking at the Burris and Vortex as I've had good results with their glass in the past and don't want to spend an arm and a leg..

hadn't seen an real world reports on the Burris. Might just roll the dice and try one. I really only need it to go to 600 yards that's as far as our range goes, and I don't have any really long range calibers (6.5CM is about as far as it goes) and if I'm going to go longer, will be with folks that have better units.

was just about to type in the same question- need an inexpensive range finder for 22lr (distances are a bit more crucial if you have that much drop!). Looking at the Burris and Vortex as I've had good results with their glass in the past and don't want to spend an arm and a leg..

hadn't seen an real world reports on the Burris. Might just roll the dice and try one. I really only need it to go to 600 yards that's as far as our range goes, and I don't have any really long range calibers (6.5CM is about as far as it goes) and if I'm going to go longer, will be with folks that have better units.
I'd personally opt to buy the Maven RF.1 $450 before discount so no need to spend any more money for future upgrade. They appear to have the best optics in the sub $500 price point and is probably even clearer than the Athlon Cronus rangefinder binoculars. Maven also has a try it out for yourself before buying program.

You could also buy the Burris Signature 2000 at the same time just to compare both side by side for yourself for $289.49 from Amazon with free shipping and free returns within 30 days. There's one review for the Burris Signature rangefinder that the customer returned for a refund on Amazon.

Check out C_DOES YouTube review on the Maven rangefinder. He liked it so much after reviewing it, he actually bought it.