• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Rt8

You two just cost me money. I am in for the FFP as well.

You two just cost me money. I am in for the FFP as well.
I'm hoping the glass is on par with my Viper PST II 1-6. If so, then you're talking about a FFP 1-8 that's 5.3 oz lighter than the Viper for $500. I'm not holding my breath, but still hopeful.

Ugh. In for one in FFP.

Was going to look for a 2-10ish range optic for a 16" spr type gun. But this should work well.

Guessing they are very similar to the Rt6 spec wise. We'll see.

I grabbed the FFP, too. I imagine they are comparable to the PST Gen II more than the RT-6, especially if production costs were high enough that $499 wasn't a high enough MSRP for them. I'll probably put it on my 5.45x39 AR to replace the Bushnell 1-4x FFP on it... Strelok says the BDC should basically work for that in 75yd increments.

Saw them on IG and was a little intrigued. The RT6 has been extremely popular so I'd imagine these would sell pretty quick. Shame they're doing a limited run.

I get a coming soon on the FFP. That can’t be good.
They're out. They weren't lying about there being only 30 each of these. When I just checked, there were 12 left of the AR SFP version, and 27 of the 4A reticle.

Reactions: Dewey7271
I get a coming soon on the FFP. That can’t be good.

They're out. They weren't lying about there being only 30 each of these. When I just checked, there were 12 left of the AR SFP version, and 27 of the 4A reticle.

They went fast. I was curious and added 20 FFP's around 1 AM to my cart. Gone by 9 AM. I was going to wait, good thing I didn't. Figured it would be a easy re-sale if I decided I didn't want it.

I received a UPS delivery notice that the scope would be here tomorrow. I ordered a FFP yesterday. I live 40 minutes from Greeley.
I ordered thurs as well but no shipment notification yet.

Not sure why, but I can’t find the reticles. Anyone care to post a link?

This came as a surprise.

Burris has some decisions to make about how they will move forward in the LPVO market.

I told them to whip up an XTR3 1-10. It's the new cool..

Reactions: Bender
Their Instagram account is saying all the RT8's are made in China. Yours says made in USA on the bottom of the scope?

China would be a surprise. Most of their stuff, including the RT6, comes from the Phillipines.

You wouldnt think there would be a cost overrun if it was made in China.

China would be a surprise. Most of their stuff, including the RT6, comes from the Phillipines.

You wouldnt think there would be a cost overrun if it was made in China.

That's what I thought. But it seems to be the case. They confirmed it on their Facebook.

I canceled my FFP. Lots of other options from China in 1-8 around $500.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Other than primary arms what other FFP 1 x 8 scope would you recommend. Most 1 x 8 FFP were about double the price of the Burris.

That's what I thought. But it seems to be the case. They confirmed it on their Facebook.

I canceled my FFP. Lots of other options from China in 1-8 around $500.

Yeah, they confirmed on their IG as well they’re made in Chi-Na. Initially stated made in the US which created a lot of confusion.

Other than primary arms what other FFP 1 x 8 scope would you recommend. Most 1 x 8 FFP were about double the price of the Burris.
Yeah, I agree. Only others I could think of in the same price range are the Atibal XP8, Vortex Strike Eagle, and USO TS8.

Last edited:
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these, 2nd focal 4A reticle option was perfect for what I needed, then I see the made in China comment....scratch that.

After this whole Covid-19 situation I hope we are start taking into consideration where things are made. I know not everything can be made here but let your dollars flow to products made in more US friendly countries.

Yeah, I agree. Only others I could think of in the same price range are the Atibal XP8, Vortex Strike Eagle, and USO TS8.

It's not FFP but Swamfox Arrowhead. GRSC is another, thinks it's a Atibal type with a different reticle. Both can be had in 1-10 in the $400-500 range.

XTR 2s 1-8 Have been on sale in the Low-mid $700 range, they are LOW made.

The "we are taking a loss on these" AND then coming out and saying they are Made IN China after the first post was they are USA/Philippine made. Which made sense as that is how the RT-6 was.

It's not FFP but Swamfox Arrowhead. GRSC is another, thinks it's a Atibal type with a different reticle. Both can be had in 1-10 in the $400-500 range.

XTR 2s 1-8 Have been on sale in the Low-mid $700 range, they are LOW made.

The "we are taking a loss on these" AND then coming out and saying they are Made IN China after the first post was they are USA/Philippine made. Which made sense as that is how the RT-6 was.
Good call on the GRSC...it’s $575 and it’s the exact same scope (different reticle) as the Atibal X. 35mm tube though, so you’re likely buying new rings/mount. Also not a true 1x and also out of stock.

XTR2 is also a good call but at least 50% more than this scope so not really in the same league at all. You’re not getting Japanese glass in a 1-8 for $500 shipped. Not even used.

I haven’t received my RT8 yet, but I’m looking for something with glass that’s as good as the Viper PST II 1-6. Just have to wait and see at this point.

I cancelled my order after they revealed the Chinese origin. Not gonna play games with Chinese LPVOs for $500. Too many better options for that money, or not a lot more money.

Good call on the GRSC...it’s $575 and it’s the exact same scope (different reticle) as the Atibal X. 35mm tube though, so you’re likely buying new rings/mount. Also not a true 1x and also out of stock.

XTR2 is also a good call but at least 50% more than this scope so not really in the same league at all. You’re not getting Japanese glass in a 1-8 for $500 shipped. Not even used.

I haven’t received my RT8 yet, but I’m looking for something with glass that’s as good as the Viper PST II 1-6. Just have to wait and see at this point.

Like I said on the XTR 2. I saw them on sale for around $700ish back in November I think. That's $200-250 more. Not 50%. For me that's worth it.

Burris also hinted at the XTR 2 on their IG, wonder if they will throw up what they have left for a good price?

SwampFox also hinted at a FFP Lpvo in the works, no clue where it'll be made or when. Supposed to be a flagship model for them though.

250/500 = 0.5

?‍♂️

Heh. I see your math. At 50% more of $500 you'd be correct :)

I was cutting the $750 in half @ $375. Either way you slice it, for me I'll spend a little more if I'm paying $500 for a Chinese optic... especially an unproven Chinese optic.

Reactions: Bevo
Burris also hinted at the XTR 2 on their IG, wonder if they will throw up what they have left for a good price?
I'd be slightly surprised if they had any left; they've been on close-out pricing for quite a while at a few different places. (I think Cameraland had them for $699 at one point?) That said, the SMRS is still available for $680, if you can tolerate a mil-reticle instead of BDC.

I'd be slightly surprised if they had any left; they've been on close-out pricing for quite a while at a few different places. (I think Cameraland had them for $699 at one point?) That said, the SMRS is still available for $680, if you can tolerate a mil-reticle instead of BDC.

Yep, rumor is they are done producing this.

They are at the drawing board for their next gen LPVO above the RT6 line. My fingers are crossed for a nice XTR3.

Reactions: Blackhalo
Yep, rumor is they are done producing this.

They are at the drawing board for their next gen LPVO above the RT6 line. My fingers are crossed for a nice XTR3.
Me too, but their IG account said, "As far as the XTR3 there was never a 1-8 or plans for that as the 3 is a race scope for long range NRL and PRS style shooting."

And then right after that... "We still have a few of the XTR2 1-8...stay tuned for more on that ;)"

Me too, but their IG account said, "As far as the XTR3 there was never a 1-8 or plans for that as the 3 is a race scope for long range NRL and PRS style shooting."

And then right after that... "We still have a few of the XTR2 1-8...stay tuned for more on that ;)"

I had a chat with one of the Burris guys about it. Maybe they have a few more XTRII 8x on hand, but it sounds like they are done. With the caveat that they may change their mind and bring it back later.

I've heard the same info on the XTR3, I'm just hoping they will expand that definition to include 3 Gun in their race gun fold. There's a market there.

Reactions: Bevo
Someone on ARFCOM posted up about the FFP version. Sounded like they were on the better end of Chinese scopes (good glass, not daylight bright illumination), but still a little marginal for $500. Probably pretty good if you got them for $330 on mil discount.

Reactions: Baba Yaga
Someone on ARFCOM posted up about the FFP version. Sounded like they were on the better end of Chinese scopes (good glass, not daylight bright illumination), but still a little marginal for $500. Probably pretty good if you got them for $330 on mil discount.
Definitely daylight bright illumination on mine. Reticle is great, very crisp and VERY bright at settings 10 and 11.

The glass is...Chinese. But it's still really good for this price range. Anyone that has looked through some of the newer Chinese glass would know what to expect. I put it up against my Viper PST II and would say the Viper is better at 1x, but as I went up thru the magnification they got closer. Definitely prefer the reticle on the RT8 and it's FFP, which is a plus for me. For $500 I still think it's a very good deal.

Reactions: w2020
Definitely daylight bright illumination on mine. Reticle is great, very crisp and VERY bright at settings 10 and 11.

The glass is...Chinese. But it's still really good for this price range. Anyone that has looked through some of the newer Chinese glass would know what to expect. I put it up against my Viper PST II and would say the Viper is better at 1x, but as I went up thru the magnification they got closer. Definitely prefer the reticle on the RT8 and it's FFP, which is a plus for me. For $500 I still think it's a very good deal.
What is the eyebox and eye relief like? Able to be used on an 11.5 pistol build?

What is the eyebox and eye relief like? Able to be used on an 11.5 pistol build?
Yes, that's actually what I have mine on. 11.5" Proof stainless 5.56. That gun is mostly a thermal hunter now, so my RT8 hasn't been getting much use.

These are not daylight bright by any stretch of the imagination. I bought 2-3 in each reticle they offered since they allowed the mil discount to stack. They were typical of Chinese offerings (PA SLx, Strike Eagle, Swampfox). I quickly sold them all off.

Also on that note, Burris went on a banning spree when folks started asking where these were made in their IG and FB. They were trying to hide the fact they were Chinese and insinuating they were Filipino. When I emailed them asking why this was they just responded with "sorry for the confusion". Typical trash Burris response.