• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Burris scopes

AMB338

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2010
I am looking at a leupold vx3 scope but want it in the olive drab and the custom shop says up to 20 weeks. The only other manufacturer is burris that makes a scope in an olive drab color. I have never had a burris and do not know anyone that does. I want a 4x12x40 and its going on a 338 ultra mag primarily for hunting. I am just wondering if anyone has input on burris scopes.

Re: Burris scopes

I have been a huge Burris fan in the past. Used them on all my hunting rifles for years. My impression is that they are not producing the quality product that they did 6-8 years ago. Most of their manufacturing has been moved from Colo. to the Phillipines, this may have had an impact, not sure.

My boy shook a lens loose in his 4.5-14 FFII on Fri. on his 7 lb. 300WM.

If it was me, I'd buy a Vortex Viper or Sightron SII and paint it. I know that's not what you were looking for, but I couldn't really recommend a new scope from any of the other major players tight now.

John

I've not had good luck with Burris over the last couple of years. Even had a junk XTR, so it's not only the low end scopes. There are plenty of guys happy with them, but I'll not spend any more money on Burris scopes.

I have several and i abuse the crap out of them and have never had a problem. Their customer service is top notch when i have sent scopes in for reticle and knob changes. The FFII line is produced in the PI but they are still great scopes. I would buy them over Leupold any day.

use duracoat and buy any scope you want.

I had a Burris Fullfield II BDC on my AR for a couple of years. Never abused, but I had no problems with it at all. The only thing I did not like is that the whole objective moved when power was adjusted and that made it challenging/frustrating with scope caps.