• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris signature zee rings on picatinny rail

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
I am looking to use burris 30 mm signature zee rings on my rifle.
The burris website said that these rings are weaver style.
Now I know that weaver rings can typically be used on picatinny bases but I just wanted to check to see is anybody has used these burris signature rings on a picatinny mount and how was the fit?
Thanks

Re: Burris signature zee rings on picatinny rail

I've used them on both Weaver brand and EGW picatinny rails without any problems.

Thanks for the quick reply

Another added bonus is that you can use the 20min inserts coupled with a 20min base get a 40 minute tilt for really long range play.

From how I understand it the 30mm rings only have +- 10 and zero offset inserts.

If you put the -10 in front on the bottom and +10 in the rear on the bottom I think it adds up to 20 minutes of tilt?

They are great rings I've had no problems with them on any type of rail and best of all they leave no ring marks. If elevation is no problem you can also use them to adjust windage with your scope set to mechanical zero.

Guess they worked for shooter twice

They fit my EGW 20moa rail great, no problems after 500 rounds.

They work great on mine, but to be fair it's only a 22-250 so there's not much recoil to jar them loose if they're not perfectly fit. But I am a convert to them, I love them and don't see why they haven't caught on more

The weaver slot is about .025" less in width than the picatinny slots. When using weaver type rings with pic rails I mount one ring to the forward edge in the slot and the other ring to the rear of the slot and have never had any issues.

They are usually a little tight when you first try to slide them on. You have to remove the screw and slide them in place. Burris doesn't put torque specs in the packaging, but 65 inch pounds is to much. Cross screws break. I usually run them to 50-55 inch pounds and havent had them move.

I have run them on Badger, EGW, GG&G, and Burris without problems. The EGW is Cerakoted and kryloned over. The Krylon scratched off but the ring went on.