• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Tac30 1-4x LRS, anyone else have one?

Dirknar

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2006
Spokane WA
I just ordered this: Burris Fullfield TAC30 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated Ballistic CQ Reticle.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=994114

Does anyone else have one?

I also purchased the American Defense Recon-X extra extended mount, for it to sit in.. Must have got the last one, their out of stock now..
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=494578

I know the reticle and glass probably isnt as good as the XTR but for half the price I hope its ok??

Someone said they were made in Philippines but I thought burris was USA??

Re: Burris Tac30 1-4x LRS, anyone else have one?

It always matters . Either you have intel or you don't .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You already bought it, does it matter? </div></div>
Ya I guess I'll see when it gets here.. Just wondering..

Don't bag my thread Bro! JK...

Wasnt trying to be a dick, just pointing out that your the one that makes the ultimate decision if your happy or not. Will there always be something better yep, will there always be something worse, yep. Burris usually makes good stuff, you will probably be happy.

I don't have the scope in question, but I have a 3-9 fullfield 2 on my 375 h&h. Personally...I think the scope is worth the cost. Not really sharp around the edges. Which I am ok with....it still kills deer and elk. That is the only real complaint that I have other than it isn't real bright either. Some of that is due to the small objective though....I'm sure. Burris headquarters is just up the road from me in greeley, co. I can't tell you if it was made there or not though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasnt trying to be a dick, just pointing out that your the one that makes the ultimate decision if your happy or not. Will there always be something better yep, will there always be something worse, yep. Burris usually makes good stuff, you will probably be happy. </div></div>

I didnt think you were being a dick.. Jk=Just kidding..

Ya I wish they would have just made the donut with the center dot and lower elevation dots without the side/upper dots. it looks a little busy.. The XTR ret would have been perfect..

I had one on a 450 Bushmaster, If they had one in a 6x I would be all over it (eyes suck) the only issue I had with it was the glass was not as good as the better end Burris. I am a big fan of the dot type scopes for hunting: Action Pic of s doe well maybe not action
2010doe.jpg

The real only complaint I had was I did not like the way the illumination worked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have the scope in question, but I have a 3-9 fullfield 2 on my 375 h&h. Personally...I think the scope is worth the cost. Not really sharp around the edges. Which I am ok with....it still kills deer and elk. That is the only real complaint that I have other than it isn't real bright either. Some of that is due to the small objective though....I'm sure. Burris headquarters is just up the road from me in greeley, co. I can't tell you if it was made there or not though. </div></div>

LOL we're neighbors!

Read a few good reports about them. Got one the other day, returned it already today. It had a bad walleye-effect when scanning side to side on 1x. The illumination was nicely intense without any halo or bleed, very daylight/sunlight practical. While on the lowest illum setting it made everything inside the fat circle disappear during lowlight, without illum it was still kinda crowded, imo. Somehow, it also made things look further away than they were on 1x (shrunk objects being looked at). The multifunction button didn't work all that great either. Eye relief was highly forgiving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have the scope in question, but I have a 3-9 fullfield 2 on my 375 h&h. Personally...I think the scope is worth the cost. Not really sharp around the edges. Which I am ok with....it still kills deer and elk. That is the only real complaint that I have other than it isn't real bright either. Some of that is due to the small objective though....I'm sure. Burris headquarters is just up the road from me in greeley, co. I can't tell you if it was made there or not though. </div></div>

LOL we're neighbors! </div></div>

I am\was in ft.lupton. I am in the process of moving out to our farm in yuma. I hate moving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RC2125</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read a few good reports about them. Got one the other day, returned it already today. It had a bad walleye-effect when scanning side to side on 1x. The illumination was nicely intense without any halo or bleed, very daylight/sunlight practical. While on the lowest illum setting it made everything inside the fat circle disappear during lowlight, without illum it was still kinda crowded, imo. Somehow, it also made things look further away than they were on 1x (shrunk objects being looked at). The multifunction button didn't work all that great either. Eye relief was highly forgiving. </div></div>

Hmm, great.. Did you request a money refund or another scope? do you think its something wrong with that scope?

Just sent it back, returned it, as defective for refund. Needed a 1-4 scope in a hurry before christmas, for some predator calling. Got tired of waiting on swfa and vortex's 1-4 offerings, held out as long as I could. Now I gotta find out who's gonna have a viper pst 1-4 available asap....

What about the Burris XTR 1-4 with the .556 BDC, or the new XTR 1.5-6 with the .308 BDC. I have no experience with them but I havent read anything but good. I am about ready to pull the trigger on one of these two. optics planet has the 1-4 for 609 with free shipping.
Sounds good to me!